*new* Olight M2X-UT Javelot: 800+ meters throw on 1x18650!

kj2

Flashaholic
Have emailed right away yesterday, to check if specs will be the same. Hope to receive an answer on Monday.

Capolini

Banned
I'd love to see some side by side comparisons with the XPL and XML2 but haven't anywhere. Closest I found was Eagletacs own claims on one of their lights with the option for either where they are showing approximately 5% more lumens but 17% more throw with the XPL.

??? ,,,,,,,,,,XPL W/17% MORE throw??? Don't you mean XML2 w/ 17% more throw?

Capolini

Banned
Olight tells specs are the same, with this update.

I doubt that. Not doubting you[your the messenger!],,,,,,,Too bad it is unlikely they will send this version to SB. Maybe a member can measure the new version for comparison?

My guess would be a little more output and less throw.:popcorn:

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well!! They still have the M3X Javelot and M20SX Javelot which are BOTH Domeless,,,,,,,they have that 5 year warranty.;)

shouldn't be too long before they get this too:

S14YGqi.jpg

swan

Banned
I just got the new XP-L model , it has a different mcpcb and coated led- i measure it at 155kcd and 920 lumen at 30 secs against my thrunite tn32 at 190kcd. Comes with a black and blue lanyard and same specs except the carry case says Customised cree led not XML2 like earlier ones. The tint is nice for a dedomed light [no toxic green] with a very nice defined hotspot . I can notice a few rings in the beam, but not outside in use. In real terms it is a very intense small thrower which throws like the big tn32.

Capolini

Banned
I just got the new XP-L model , it has a different mcpcb and coated led- i measure it at 155kcd and 920 lumen at 30 secs against my thrunite tn32 at 190kcd. Comes with a black and blue lanyard and same specs except the carry case says Customised cree led not XML2 like earlier ones. The tint is nice for a dedomed light [no toxic green] with a very nice defined hotspot . I can notice a few rings in the beam, but not outside in use. In real terms it is a very intense small thrower which throws like the big tn32.

That sounds pretty good. I ended up getting mine modded w/ more throw[~300Kcd] and a nicer tint than stock.

Selfbuilt measured ORIGINAL M2X XML2 Domeless @ 196Kcd. Olight measured it @ 164Kcd.

If I had to choose b/w Original M2X and NEW version, I would probably choose NEW version w/ slightly less throw and nicer tint.:cool:

swan

Banned
That sounds pretty good. I ended up getting mine modded w/ more throw[~300Kcd] and a nicer tint than stock.

Selfbuilt measured ORIGINAL M2X XML2 Domeless @ 196Kcd. Olight measured it @ 164Kcd.

If I had to choose b/w Original M2X and NEW version, I would probably choose NEW version w/ slightly less throw and nicer tint.:cool:
Gday Roberto, i was not going to get this model because of the tint and also i dislike twisties, but im glad i did. First thing its much smaller than i imagined and the tints not like selfbuilts pics, about 5000k temp. This little light really punchs light out there and my original plan was to put a xpg2 s2 1d dedomed in it for max throw -but its so good as it is . At start up on a fresh imr i get 1000+ lmn otf and 165-170 kcd till it settles. I saw the comparo pic with your dd m2x and yours is a cannon - remember not long ago anything with 50kcd was considered a massive thrower- with the m2x-ut it does 50kcd+ on the med level , Martin.

Capolini

Banned
Not even close.

Absolutely correct! Even if the M2X is ~196Kcd[Selfbuilt] .

There was a typographical error on the M25C2vn,,,,,,,the "T" was removed at Vinhs request,anyway if your talking about the M25C2vn here are those numbers:"

Eagle Tac M25C2vn XPG2 PDT
Samsung 20r
816@ turn on
783@ 30 sec
Throw - 343,000 lux

If your talking about the NEWEST Turbo head version,,,,,,,,,,blows it away by even more,as it should w/ that sized head, reflector, current boost,,it is modded!

Eagle Tac M25C2vn Turbo head XML2 PDT
Sony vtc5
1257@ turn on
1175@ 30 sec
814 high
578 mid
170 low
53 low2
Throw - 580,000 lux

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
??? ,,,,,,,,,,XPL W/17% MORE throw??? Don't you mean XML2 w/ 17% more throw?

I have no experience comparing the lights side by side. I just crunched the numbers from eagletacs website.

On the technical specs page on the T25C2 here are the latest comparisons:

Lumens:
- XML2 U2 965 ANSI
- XP-L V5 1010 ANSI (about a 5% increase)

Lux
- XML2 U2 17,200
- XP-L V5 18,900 (about a 10% increase)

I have no idea if those numbers are accurate. I just mentioned it because it was the only occurrence I was aware of with the same manufacturer on the same webpage giving specs for identical lights with the exception of the emitter. I got the 17% a while back from another light but can't remember which now. The T25C2 is the only one I could find now with specs for both.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying my Vinh modded S200C2Vn PDT with Vinh driver that I'm thinking isn't putting out quite as much throw as the Javelot but almost and I actually EDC it! :)