*new* Olight S10R, S15R and S20R

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will somebody please comment on the red warning light inside the switch. Mine is steady (when the battery is low) and barely visible.

Anybodysguess

Newly Enlightened
Will somebody please comment on the red warning light inside the switch. Mine is steady (when the battery is low) and barely visible.
Mine is bright and very visible, even in the daylight. Mine came on while using the light on high, a few minutes later, light shut off and would not restart. Loosened tailcap for a second then it would run again, high only ran for a few seconds before cutting out again, reloosened tailcap and moon-medium worked fine.
Low battery light ONLY came on on high, but I assume that meant it was low for the high mode, but not yet low for medium or lower modes. But I went ahead and charged as I thought I might need it the next day.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I now realise I did the low voltage test with a CR123 which was newer than what I thought. Repeating it with a nearly depleted primary cell (2.7V) the red alert light in the switch is now visible in most outside lighting conditions.

LEDchamp

Newly Enlightened
I just got an S10R tonight from Amazon/EdisonBrite and it has the defective charger. It blinks slow red when the flashlight is not on it (normal). It turns solid red with flashlight docked (normal). It starts flashing red at about 90 minutes of charging (it is supposed to turn solid green). That is the bad news

The good news is that everything actually seems to work just fine. I removed the charged battery from the flashlight and put it in my Nitecore Intellicharger, and it instantly went to 3 solid bars, which means fully charged. I took the battery out right away and put it back in the light and turned it on the highest setting. There was a slight step down (barely noticeable) at 4.5 minutes. Then it stayed on for 64 minutes! That is 14 minutes longer than the manual says it should. The red low battery indicator in the button came on at 58 minutes. After it went out, I then placed the light on the charger and got the exact same results again... 90 min till the red charge status started blinking, then a 66 minute run on high. So, at least in my case, the charger seems to charge fine, it just blinks red instead of turning green.

I still sent an email to Olight requesting a new charger. We will see what they say. The light works great. I have had the regular S10 for a few months and use it all the time as a headlamp clipped on a ball cap. The button and UI and size and weight and lumen settings are all perfect for that application.

I bought my S10R also from edison brite earlier this month. I had worries of having a defective charger dock.
Following is what I receive from them after contacting about this problem.

------------
Hi,
Thank you for your purchase and appreciate you contacting us to verify this issue.

The charging base you have received with your Olight S10R is the updated version without any known problems.
We can assure you that we have NOT SHIPPED ANY of the first version defective units to any customer.

If you may recall, we held shipping of all orders till 3rd of November till we have received new units. We held outbound shipments while we have had the products in stock for two weeks to avoid our customers receiving bad products.
We heard some of the dealers did ship out defective units.

Please have a look at attached pictures to compare and identify corrected and trouble free charger.
You should have received the charger base box with 'Rev 2' label. This is the updated version.

All four models we sell (S10R/S15R/S20R/S30R) are shipped only with updated Rev 2 Charger bases.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Appreciate your business.

Customer Service
EdisonBright

799922361_o.jpg

799923431_o.jpg

NorthernStar

Enlightened
My dock (which is OK) has definitely an off white logo on it but no sticker on its box ... :thinking:

I've just received a replacement dock that works fine now.:) This is a little confusing compared to the picture above, the new charging dock that i received has the old pale logo but on the box there is a REV 2 sticker.:thinking: The charging dock that malfunctioned for me has the white logo and came without a sticker. I have not received the S10R and the S20R yet, so i can't compare with them.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no means of knowing whether my charger is the 'old' or the 'new' one except that it has a white logo on it but no sticker on the box and when I place my S10R on it the LED turns red and after some time it turns green as expected. This happens both with a nearly charged cell and with a dead one, of course the time it takes changes from just a few to approx 90 minutes.

justin3

Newly Enlightened
I just received my s20r in the mail. This one shipped with the Rev 2 charging base. Ordered via EdisonBright/amazon

This was my first experience with an Olight light, and sadly, a disappointing one. The small form factor was exactly what I was looking for, as in perfect, to a T(with the exception of the clip only set up for bezel up pocket carry)

Anyhow, I got it out of the mail, turned it on, played with it for a moment, pulled the clip off and put it back on and BAM. I was blinded. The small snap of putting the clip on caused the light to turn on on high and blind me. The switch did not function to turn the light off. I unscrewed the tail cap a few turns, and it turned the light off. Screwed the tailcap back on, and it stayed off, then took the light and whacked the head gently against my palm(nowhere near the switch) and it turned back on, again the switch did not work. I repeated this a few times, and sometimes the light would turn on on high, and other times, the light turned on VERY dimly. As in far lower than the moonlight mode, only really discernable if you look right at the LED.

Now it is stuck at the very least in this very dim mode. A whack against the palm causes it to either flicker a bit, or turn back on very high, or somehow malfunction.

Anyhow, this being my first experience with Olight, I am very disappointed. I've never experienced this kind of out of the box QC problem with any other lights that I own.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I am debating between giving Olight another shot and having this one replaced, or just getting a refund and sticking with lights from manufacturers I trust.

jeff400650

Newly Enlightened
Well, now the charger is working properly. 24 hours later, after partial drain of the battery, putting it on the charger, I get solid red and then solid green. I don't know what changed, but it seems good now, It does say REV 2 on the box by the way. EdisonBright actually tracked me down from my post on this forum and emailed me about the problem and said they never sent out any of the bad chargers and offered to do what ever was needed to resolve the issue, but for now, all is good. I had already emailed Olight yesterday, and they said they sent me a new charger right away, so I may end up with two.

It really is a great little flashlight. It stays clipped on the brim of a baseball cap and will get used every night (like my regular S10 has been since I got it months ago).

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I am debating between giving Olight another shot and having this one replaced, or just getting a refund and sticking with lights from manufacturers I trust.

I once had a 4sevens quark turbo 2AA that while tailstanding, was knocked over and landed on its side. After that, all i got was a super dim (below moonlight and only discernible if you look at the led directly as you said) mode and strange flickering. I didn't know how to fix it so i just sent it back to 47s and they sent me another. I'd recommend you do the same with olight. I'm thinking you may have just gotten a lemon.

jeff400650

Newly Enlightened
My charger continues to work unpredictably. With the flashlight on the dock, sometimes it blinks red, sometimes it turns green. Olight is supposedly sending me a new charger. We shall see...

The light it's self continues to work great and be a real asset on my head around the house and property.

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
I was watching a video review of the s20r and noticed that on the charging dock cord hole, you have the regular usb plug hole instead of the micro usb? That sounds kind of reversed. I would have expected the the micro usb on the dock and the regular usb on the other end to connect to a computer or whatnot. How have you guys been plugging cord into charge?