• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New product from the Atomic Coop!!! World's finest keychain GITD glow fob!

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there Bawko,

Would love to see some green tritium versions of these. I'd much rather buy your version than the comercial ones that are available...they look rock solid!

CFU

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there Bawko,

Would love to see some green tritium versions of these. I'd much rather buy your version than the comercial ones that are available...they look rock solid!

CFU

Bawko addressed this in post #24, as well as in the first post of the thread.

Last edited:

Phredd

Enlightened
Thanks Phredd, I'll report on the ol' Bird's "DEFCON 5" stuff too, if I manage to get my fingers un-epoxied afterwards.

I see you're in New Hampshire. I'm in the next county to Old Hampshire. Small world.

Small new world? I used the Hardman Green and they aren't kidding, it is water clear. I also like the individual packets.

Phredd

DM51

Flashaholic
Small new world? I used the Hardman Green and they aren't kidding, it is water clear. I also like the individual packets.

Phredd
Thanks, Phredd, useful to know. How hard has it set? I read somewhere in another thread (IIRC) that quick-setting epoxy isn't quite as hard, durable etc as the slow-cure stuff. Any comments?

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Gee, still waiting here. I gotta say this chicken's communication skills leave a lot to be desired. Dude, a little friendly advice, don't start selling stuff until it is actually ready to ship. Because when people order something within an hour or two of posting it for sale and then two months go by and no delivery and zero communication they tend to get a little testy.

When someone orders for me it is ready to go. Also I let them know I got the order by sending a thank you to acknowledge it and let them know when it will ship. It's called professionalism.

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
ID #8JC91056839315414)

Name:
Jason Clinger

Total Amount:
-$32.50 USD

Date:
Apr. 28, 2007
Time:
16:10:30 PDT
Completed

Subject:
Glow Tubes
Note:
2 green, 1 blue please. Thanks!
Shipping Address:
Peter Atwood
104 West Gill Rd
Gill, MA 01376
United States
Confirmed Help

Funding Type:
PayPal Funds
Funding Source:
$32.50 USD - PayPal Account

Just in case you lost the order which is what I will assume you did. :)

Last edited:

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

Peter... I've done everything possible to keep communications open and clear. I've posted a special thread dedicated SOLELY to the production status of Aviatrix mods and GlowFobs. I've answered every email, PM, and other question anyone has had.

BTW, Yours have already shipped out... last Tues. or Wed. if I remember correctly. Why are you suddenly all over me about it? Haven't you already received them by now?

I admit that I shouldn't have attempted to introduce 2 new products at the same time... but the Aviatrix mods were going so well at the time and the problems I had with the first batch were still a few days in the future, so I thought "what the hell... the GlowFobs are fairly easy to machine, Aviatrix production is going smoothly, might as well start offering these!". I had an additional delay with GlowFob machining after this, in order to IMPROVE THE PRODUCT and deliver something nicer without sharp edges, and I detailed exactly what was going on during this delay and heard no complaints about it - I even offered to make the old version for anyone who didn't want to wait, and got no takers.

BTW, posting your Paypal order online is a LOW BLOW, I would never be so completely unprofessional and vindictive as to post any of my clients or vendors personal information on an open internet forum... including my email address there to be harvested by any spambot that happens by... please remove or edit-out your last post out of decency and courtesy. If you have a problem with me or any of our business dealings, please PM me or email me - I've been straight with everyone who has had questions/problems/concerns, and as far as I know I have nothing but happy customers out there among the people who have received their Aviatrix mods and GlowFobs.

I hear what you are saying about professionalism and having things made before you offer them for sale... but your business model and mine are not the same, I CANNOT afford to machine a whole bunch of product and sit on inventory, and I make it clear that my products are custom products, made to order, in a variety of colors, configurations, etc. I'm basically doing this as a hobby-type sideline to my normal business of PcBoard and mechanical consulting - in order to be able to offer to other people the same products that I wanted enough MYSELF to create in the first place. My profit margin on Aviatrix mods and GlowFobs is so slim that I'd rapidly go broke if I were to try and make a business out of it like you've managed to make out of your creations. My point? Simple this: what may work for your business doesn't necessarily apply to everyone else's, and my offerings here are FAR from being a profitable "professional" type of business. C'mon - who in the "real world" would buy products from "the Atomic Coop" from a guy named "Bawko"? My products here are CPF-only offerings by a flashaholic for flashaholics, hobbyist-to-hobbyist, with all of the associated low-volume, custom-built, delay-prone, and word-of-mouth connotations. For as long as I sell products here, I'll do everything in my power to make sure my customers are extremely happy with the result - but I simply CANNOT provide the level of service, inventory, and instant-gratification that professional retailers and web storefronts are capable of. This is a sharing kind of HOBBY to me, and at the point that it becomes a huge hassle or drudgery, I'll be gracefully bowing out after finalizing existing orders.

Just one more thing: I am NOT another Andrew Wynn who is taking money and not delivering for 2 years... a few extra weeks delay is NOT out of line for a new CUSTOM made-to-order product like this. :(

Best wishes,
Bawko

Last edited:

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
AC, well, maybe you do plan to deliver but I've just had enough, what can I say? You should have thought of that when you started out in this.

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
BTW, I'm not out to try to destroy your reputation or anything like that. I'm sure your products are terrific which I'd love to see for myself... if only they were in my hand.

You told me somewhere about two weeks ago, might have been in some other thread which I cannot find, that the things had shipped or were shipping tomorrow or something. I don't remember exactly but that was the gist of it. I'm just responding in a public way because you have run this whole thing in a public way.

When I did not receive any kind of private acknowledgement of my purchase from you then I assumed that everything about this was out in the open. And when I was assured a couple of weeks ago, again, in public, that my stuff was about to ship and it didn't I felt I needed to post this. I'm sorry if you feel it is a low blow.

Also I removed your email address as you requested.

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

BTW, I'm not out to try to destroy your reputation or anything like that. I'm sure your products are terrific which I'd love to see for myself... if only they were in my hand.

Also I removed your email address as you requested.

Thank you. I appreciate that. I hope you enjoy your GlowFobs when they arrive... let me know.

Best wishes,
Bawko

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Well, I'm happy to report that they did indeed finally arrive today. They are very nice and glow like crazy. :)

I wish they had gotten here a few days earlier and all that unpleasantness could have been avoided. Hopefully Bawko can make a ton of these and get ahead of the orders. Best of luck to you!

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

Well, I'm happy to report that they did indeed finally arrive today. They are very nice and glow like crazy. :)

I wish they had gotten here a few days earlier and all that unpleasantness could have been avoided. Hopefully Bawko can make a ton of these and get ahead of the orders. Best of luck to you!

Peter, I'm glad you like your GlowFobs! I knew you would... no worries about the unpleasantness, the only thing that I REALLY objected to was the posting of personal information, everything else was pretty spot-on. Again, just a difference in business model... I'm attempting to catch up on orders and reduce lead-times, but I doubt Aviatrix and GlowFobs will ever be a mainstream business for me with stocked inventory, etc.

Wishing the best of luck to you and your endeavors as well, I'm planning on buying one of your brass whistles soon - they look really nice.

Best wishes,
Bawko

Latest posts