New Streamlight Products

Kiessling

Flashaholic
talking about lithiums ... in 2004 we will have the AAA lithiums ... perfect for this headlamp. cool !!!
bernhard

phyhsuts

Enlightened
Kiessling - Will that be Li-FeS like the Energizer L91?

I am also wondering if the Strion can work with the HP head of the Stingers?? A Strion HP!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe the President of Streamlight can answer that last one?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

And how about an ULTRAStrion with 2 Li Ion cells? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
The Strion competes directly with the Pila G2/G2R: 3.7v, 5" length, LiION, etc. SL specs in cp as opposed to Pila's lumens. Can Strion convert to 6v/2x123 like Pila?

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ] I don't beleive the Strion has any competetion. It will be a hit with LEO's replacing their current stinger or wanting to upgrade.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
phyhsuts ... I do not know craps about the chemistry of batteries, but I read that they should be similar to the L91s. there is a thread in the Batterie forum about those, you might want to check yourself to get the info straight and not from a second liner ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The battery in the Strion has both anode and cathode contacts on the end contacting the head. The switch is similar in function to the SF rechargable in that it pushes the battery up into the contacts for a complete circuit. This battery will not be going into other lights or visa versa without some special modding. Some serious re work would also be required for conversion to a LED mod if my quick look see and impressions are sound. The gent I spoke with gave me the impression that these lights are already in great demand and that it will take some time to fill the pipe.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I haven't been in my office in about several weeks. Usually, there are about 2 dozen packages waiting for me when I've been away this long. I wonder if there is a Strion waiting for me.

A Strion HP would be contradictory to what I beleive the intended purpose of the light would be: a pocketable, rechargeable combat light suitable as a duty backup. Placing a larger diameter head on it would be the equivalent of the Surfire 6P w/Turbohead; harder to carry in a pocket but providing greater throw. It would make for an interesting setup though.

paulr

Flashaholic
I wonder if they'll make a plastic Strion (Polystrion), like the Polystinger. They could save quite a bit of weight that way. I can't see any reason to prefer the metal version.

fred0109

Newly Enlightened
Expected due dates are as follows:
Strion - May
Argo - March
Luxeon Jr - May

BruiseLee

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BuddTX said:
[ QUOTE ]
flashlights4less said:
JOHNK said [ QUOTE ]
how does a 3xAA thingie feel on your head?>>>>>>>>>>

[/ QUOTE ]
I find configurations w/ 3AA in the front a bit too heavy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but the nice thing about a 3AA headlamp is that you can use lithium AA batteries, and they weight about half as much as regular batteries do.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Streamlight website has the Argo headlamp listed as using 3 AAA batteries, not 3 AA's.

Bruise

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened
SO....you have to charge the light in the cradle? Typical streamlight, not thinking of LEO applications. SL needs to market towards military and LEO better, with an optional external charger (Like the piggy back) with the strion.

Say an LEO is using the light and starts to go dim, he has to put it in the charger and be without the light? That bites, you should be able to swap the battery and go.

I hope they come out with a piggy back charger!!

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most LEO's that I know don't run down their belt lights over a weeks times. If they need a to run consistently for an hour or more they use 20XP, or other main light. Then charge their belt lights when in the car or at home between shifts. I do carry a spare battery for the Stinger, I like the drop in charging better than swaping batteries.

GarminGPSMap

Newly Enlightened
I don't know any LEOs that still carry the 20xp "tank". Too large, try sitting down in the car with it in your pocket or on your belt. Ouch. Stinger or SFs around here. I hardly ever see the magcharger anymore (on LEO belts).

I like the external battery charger so I can do a full drain, charge cycle rather than putting the light on the charger half charged and risk taking it off before full charge.

Kind of like a cellphone, I hate it being tied to a wall while charging. A battery brewing in the glovebox, and a quick 10 second swap works much better for me. I guess that's why there are options, people's taste differ. I hope they offer the piggyback charger with the new SL. Best of both worlds, drop in and external!

PoppyGoddess

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
IlluminatingBikr said:
The Streamlight Jr. Luxeon looks cool... so I googled it. I came up with this page, which is selling the Jr. Luxeon for $15.00! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif Is this possible? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Unbelieveable price. I thought Luxeon are expensive at about $5 each. Is that for real?

MikeF

Enlightened
PoppyGoddess
That's for the Streamlight Jr. Incandescent, not the Luxeon. The Streamlight Jr. has been available for years, and is very similar to a Mag AA. The link is not for the Luxeon!!!!!

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh? Streamlight dominates the LEO market, they don't have to market to that consumer base.

I still carry a 20X...Maybe i'm old fashioned? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

--dan

Latest posts