New Style Clip for the Universal Clip

nbp

Flashaholic
Haha. We could probably find someone here to bend 15 of those for a lot less. Ask Moddoo, he makes nice clips. Wvaltakis made great Ti two way clips years ago and I don't think they cost near that. I dunno. I love clips but that's double what a nice clip should cost. No thanks.

nbp

Flashaholic
D. - Good find! That really makes me pine for the good old days. Our HDSs came with holes punched in them and Chip was knocking out gorgeous Ti deep carry bezel down clips for $30!! [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ding ding ding!!!!!! Yes the good old days with holes and clips.its not rocket science. Or even tree science for that matter. HDS customers today are a different breed then when we first started with HDS lights here. I can tell you that😭

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS customers today are a different breed then when we first started with HDS lights here. I can tell you that

What you've failed to understand is that we can't predict the exact hue of the metallurgy until we've examined disparate and diverse specimens under high CRI light, photographed them extensively, posted them on CPF super abundantly, then calculate, by consensus, whether the deep carry portion is better described as "chrome" or "silver" and, more importantly, whether it matches the reflective radiance of the universal clip itself.

I'm just sayin. It's hard out here for a photon slingin pimp.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just in an enabling sort of way, I seem to remember a photo of Jason at Prometheus with a Water Jet Cutter.
Might be worth a word.
P

nbp

Flashaholic
Indeed. Several of our boutique makers here offer nice pocket clips. Prometheus makes HDS Clicky compatible clips already, perhaps he could assist with the manufacture of a modified Rotary/Uni clip.

Other guys here making clips for aftermarket use or on their own lights include Moddoo/Oveready, McBrat, Okluma, etc. It may be worth shopping around the community vs. bigger machine shops who want to make 2000 pieces.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Re: Guinea Pig Pocket Clip Victims Wanted

Now will see who among us has the deep pockets pun intended. Ouch! they look ok tho.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now will see who among us has the deep pockets pun intended. Ouch! they look ok tho.
Yeah I'd love to participate but daaang that's expensive. Would end up costing more than my first HDS light for the whole kit.

I'm still kinda considering it though.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast

I really want one of these but it would make me choose between my collection of custom HDS holsters and a pocket clip.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Hogo, I want this clip (even though as was pointed out, it's still the same ring mount) but I'm unclear as to why if I want the new clip, I'm also required to buy the ugly old clip that I've avoided all this time because it's so ugly.
I feel like I'm trying to buy a Corvette, and the salesman is telling me the only way I can get one is if I simultaneously purchase an ugly old Cobalt for almost the same price...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo, I want this clip (even though as was pointed out, it's still the same ring mount) but I'm unclear as to why if I want the new clip, I'm also required to buy the ugly old clip that I've avoided all this time because it's so ugly.
I feel like I'm trying to buy a Corvette, and the salesman is telling me the only way I can get one is if I simultaneously purchase an ugly old Cobalt for almost the same price...

You have to have the Universal Clip mount... the round piece that goes around the light. Without that, this is just a hunk of bent metal. This is an addition to that piece. You don't have to buy it if you have it already. Think of it as buying superior performance tires for the Corvette... if you don't have the Corvette, doesn't make sense to buy the tires... but if you want the tires on a Corvette, you need to have a Corvette... and in this case, you are getting it at cost (which is a very **** poor business model).

thermal guy

Flashaholic

I really want one of these but it would make me choose between my collection of custom HDS holsters and a pocket clip.
Yes I agree. I also think that what happens a lot here with us HDS junkies is when something new comes out we buy it. We might not even know what it is or the whole details about it but we buy it. Some people buy two🤔. I think it's got a lot to do with all the very small runs they do.if you wait say 45-50 seconds there gone and we're told that's it never coming back.so if you want to try a new special accessory you have to buy it immediately or your screwed. Or I guess just check in B/S/T a week later. You will find it. Not knocking anyone that does this if I had the cash I'd probably do the same.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this clip is not intended to be a "limited run". It is a at least from my point of view fair way to find out how this clip is in reality. The 14 people than tell Henry what is good or not that good. Henry can than after this feedback thin about it if it makes sense to do a full run of clips and the new clip is than available as regular item. For me this clip is a "win - win" situation. Normally I would not buy a clip for my Rotaries. But a 2-way Clip is always interesting. I am a fan of the Surefire lights with 2-way Clip. That is the reason I am interested. For HDS this kind of Clip run reduces the overall cost (and also risk) of a "prototype run".

At all I think the limited run offers that were done by HDS, only the very first ones were sold out in less than a minute. The Aluminium Bronze light was sold out very fast, I think the very first green GITD reflector (the one without cool name) and also the first run of the Double Beryl reflectors. All other items last for a longer time, up to a couple of hours. I like it if a limited item is available for more than just a minute. Than everyone is able to order a limited run item....

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does bend inward... just hard to see it in the photo.

Would be stainless steel like the current clip section of the Universal Clip, with some of them coated in black just like the current ones.

Is the prototype gold plated, like in the picture?

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
What sold me on the prototype clip for my HDS Executive were posts #20 and #21. Mostly the visual display, thanks Jon, and the notion of deep pocket carry during the summer when I cannot easily conceal a flashlight holster.

Plus I can still store the light with the prototype clip in an upside down position in my Thors Custom Leather HDS 3 light pouch.

If you do not have the opportunity to carry your HDS Flashlight everyday, what is the point....

Last edited: