New Style Clip for the Universal Clip

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stainless then blackened. It's only gold because Henry is designing it in Solid Works.

To go along with this new clip, I ordered the Universal pocket clip, Black but after I placed the order I learned that the new clip will be silver. Is my order still okay or should I change it to the Universal pocket clip, Silver?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
To go along with this new clip, I ordered the Universal pocket clip, Black but after I placed the order I learned that the new clip will be silver. Is my order still okay or should I change it to the Universal pocket clip, Silver?

The band on all UC's is black. The silver or black on it just refers to the actual clip portion.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know many folks will say "just find another company to do it." which is much easier said than done... If you know of a U.S. company that does this kind of thing, I'm all ears.

There is an idea, I somehow found the brochure of this company from 1988 year at the dump. They were great then. They are still alive, they have their own factory in the USA and they are engaged in contract manufacturing:

http://www.bihler.com/technology/contract-manufacturing/

Write them a letter. I see that their cars can make 5,000 parts per hour or more. The design of this clip is easy compared to what they can do. In one day of work, they can provide the HDS with clips for 50 years ahead.

The only thing I can't do is find out from them the price for a batch of clips of a certain amount, because I do not know the brand of steel and its heat treatment, the exact size and many other important details, I don't even have a drawing. They may even have a minimum order amount that may be too high.

The most expensive, I think, is the working parts that will directly bend the clip, but due to the simplicity of the form, the company may already have suitable molding tips (which move) and rods around which clip fold will occur.

Generally cool machines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_BG3J_MSc8
judging by the video, these guys also have this car, you can call and ask them the conditions and the opportunity:
http://www.phoenixtooling.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XtyJTMiKZY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=400UM08TXW8

Maybe can cut a strip in 1 place, make 3 threaded holes in another place, make bends in 3 place, taking into account the time of work of machinists, these estimated 3 places to create 1 clip can stop in 9 laps of hell

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Hogo
Since the clips will arrive very soon @HDS. Is it possible to ship my clip with one of my brass lights instead of ship the clip alone?

I ask here because I will not bother you and Henry with emails at this time.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
img-3583.jpg

img-3585.jpg

img-3587.jpg

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Thanks for the photos, looks great to me. I know there's a lot of hate for the current Universal but it works for me, especially on the belt. This looks very promising and more versatile. Tried it on a ball cap bill?

nbp

Flashaholic
Not too shabby! I look forward to seeing mine!

For those who have used the uni clip, can the metal clamp band scratch up a cerakoted bezel? Should I put a little slip of paper or something between the two when I install this new two way clip on my orange Rotary?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not too shabby! I look forward to seeing mine!

For those who have used the uni clip, can the metal clamp band scratch up a cerakoted bezel? Should I put a little slip of paper or something between the two when I install this new two way clip on my orange Rotary?

Just make sure all 3 screws are loose when you put it on. I don't think you will be able to get a thin piece of paper in there.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Just make sure all 3 screws are loose when you put it on. I don't think you will be able to get a thin piece of paper in there.

Speaking of screws, what if, by some off-chance, a careless user just dropped two screws in his shop and can't find them? Would you guys send spare screws with the outrageously expensive universal clip?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of screws, what if, by some off-chance, a careless user just dropped two screws in his shop and can't find them? Would you guys send spare screws with the outrageously expensive universal clip?

Send us an email requesting them... and do it NOW! We plan to ship these today.

nbp

Flashaholic
My OEEC (outrageously expensive extended clip) or just "two-way clip" for short, has landed. Some pics for my fellow clip nerds while we assess the viability of this little beastie. :D

This specialty clip and reflector equals $200 of add-ons to a $300 flashlight. We really are weirdos here. Haha

IMG_5637_zpsvjechfvv.jpg

IMG_5638_zpska1efzc0.jpg

IMG_5639_zpsuqlcgsl6.jpg

IMG_5640_zpso3hfje0m.jpg

IMG_5641_zpseebmfelh.jpg

IMG_5643_zpsbzmklbxg.jpg

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
My OEEC (outrageously expensive extended clip) or just "two-way clip" for short, has landed. Some pics for my fellow clip nerds while we assess the viability of this little beastie. :D

This specialty clip and reflector equals $200 of add-ons to a $300 flashlight. We really are weirdos here. Haha

Mine should arrive next week with a new XPG3 HDS flashlight.

What is your assessment of the strength/sturdiness/durability of the clip band/fastener given the leverage of the 3.5 inch length of the clip?