New Surefire 6P incan on its way

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Or, find a M31LL and you will get that same 65 lumens using two Alkaline AA's for 7 hours. Mine does that when I use a 3 cell SF and spacer.

Bill

Bright Ideas

Newly Enlightened
So I have to ask.....What is WLL?? Warm, low, low? If so...why 2 low modes?? Total led drop in newbie here!

Bright Ideas

Newly Enlightened
Well I got my 6P Incan up and running with a M61WL (Thanks Dennis)! Awesome start to what will be several more goodies from Gene. Since I will have several new 6ps, I will put the original P60 drop ins in the packaging from Gene for his units and store them safely. Same with the batteries as I will use 16650s in the lights I am running. I would have bought a bunch of cr123s anyway so this will save me some money and bring the cost of the hosts down. BOY...THIS IS FUN ALREADY!!!!:D

dhunley1

Enlightened
Well I got my 6P Incan up and running with a M61WL (Thanks Dennis)! Awesome start to what will be several more goodies from Gene. Since I will have several new 6ps, I will put the original P60 drop ins in the packaging from Gene for his units and store them safely. Same with the batteries as I will use 16650s in the lights I am running. I would have bought a bunch of cr123s anyway so this will save me some money and bring the cost of the hosts down. BOY...THIS IS FUN ALREADY!!!!:D

I'm really glad you like it! It wasn't long ago that I installed my first drop-in... Very addicting and a lot of fun, too!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received a stock 6P recently with a P60 in it. Popped in some CR123 cells and I am still impressed with the amount and quality of light this flashlight produces. It's definitely been a Surefire mainstay for many years and will likely remain so for some time to come. I'm sure at some point I'll pop a drop-in in it, but it's nice to have an incan light to fall back on from time to time for nostalgic reasons.

Bright Ideas

Newly Enlightened
I really liked the incan vibe as well and the Malkoff WL 61 brings the same type of tint. I will keep a couple P60s around for that nostalgic vibe too. Now I have my eyes on a MD2 :eek:!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I really liked the incan vibe as well and the Malkoff WL 61 brings the same type of tint. I will keep a couple P60s around for that nostalgic vibe too. Now I have my eyes on a MD2 :eek:!

Pay the extra $20 and get a hi/lo. You'll find the low very useful.

I started out with a WLL for my first 6P. It is close to the P60 with a ton more runtime. Naturally a WL wasn't far behind... the an NL... hoh-boy I waz dun man!
That lead to a couple of MD2's also, yet the Malkoff'd 6P is certainly a goody.
A stock 6P sits on my desk and it's still a thrill to use it.

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have the three P60s I swapped out for my LED drop ins. I figure if nothing else they will come in handy when that dreaded EMP pulse takes out all the drivers and other electronics we use in our lights.:D

DRoc

Newly Enlightened
6P's are awesome. Can't go wrong. I've got enough and there's enough P60 LED support for them for years to come, so that I don't have to buy any of the new surefire catalogue...which is good for me, because in the last few years I haven't been impressed.
Good choice.

Bright Ideas

Newly Enlightened
Soooo I got 16 NEW 6Ps:wave: my wife thinks I'm crazy!! 16 6Ps, 2 G2Ls, 1 Nitecore PG12Gt, 1 Solarforce L2T, and 1 Solarforce L2P so far. A Malkoff MD2 is on my list, then that is it other than some drop ins...........

Bright Ideas

Newly Enlightened
Okay.....maybe an Elzetta Bravo with crenelated bezel and high/low tailcap too!:sssh:

Which of the 2 between an MD2 and Elzetta Bravo? Both running M61WL with a high/low option.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
MD2 for style.

But the Bravo has been tested from a helicopter onto concrete...

Hmmm
Toughy.
Flip a coin bro. 'Cause you know which ever you don't get now you'll get later. lol

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Soooo I got 16 NEW 6Ps:wave: my wife thinks I'm crazy!! 16 6Ps, 2 G2Ls, 1 Nitecore PG12Gt, 1 Solarforce L2T, and 1 Solarforce L2P so far. A Malkoff MD2 is on my list, then that is it other than some drop ins...........

Wait till she finds out your a member of a flashlight forum:poke:

I would say your perfectly normal, if i was to be picky, i would ask why the MD2 is on your list ,when it could have been bought and just settle for 14 or 15 x 6p's:nana: