New Surefire 6P incan on its way

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! LOL!!! Funny how how a $35.00 host can turn into a $140.00 light really fast!:thinking: I still have a Xeno black stainless crenelated bezel to install, but I want to wait until I get the proper tool to remove the ring. Now that I see this in person, I will be ordering a few more of the heads!

Please let me know what tool is best. I was looking at this:
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1472266937.719857.jpg

Also, my cryos bezel looks misshapen. Looking for cheaper alternative than offerings by oveready . Any suggestions welcome!

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! LOL!!! Funny how how a $35.00 host can turn into a $140.00 light really fast!:thinking: I still have a Xeno black stainless crenelated bezel to install, but I want to wait until I get the proper tool to remove the ring. Now that I see this in person, I will be ordering a few more of the heads!

Try an m2 bezel little bigger different look:)
upload pics

msim

Enlightened
One nice thing about retaining ring/snap ring pliers is that as you squeeze the handle, pressure is applied outward towards the bezel. With needle nose pliers you have to operate them almost as chopsticks.

A tip I learned the hard way, is that once you have the snap ring pliers in place, you can give them a squeeze and start rotating but don't apply pressure 'down' towards the lens. If there is a slip, you will scratch the lens.

As someone with 4 6P's, 2 Oveready bodies, a Fivemega body and a dozen Solarforce hosts (Not to mention 3 Cryos bezels, and a bunch of custom tailcaps)... welcome to the club!

ven

Flashaholic
One nice thing about retaining ring/snap ring pliers is that as you squeeze the handle, pressure is applied outward towards the bezel. With needle nose pliers you have to operate them almost as chopsticks.

A tip I learned the hard way, is that once you have the snap ring pliers in place, you can give them a squeeze and start rotating but don't apply pressure 'down' towards the lens. If there is a slip, you will scratch the lens.

+1 , great tips there as i may have found the hard way once too:whistle:

The EDCplus triples come in the best p60 case ever.............as the base is a tool for the bezel ring on the z44 size. If you dont mind the start in high(or want a start in high) they do make a good option. I really like the neutral xp-g2 4000k.

For the z32 size, i was made up the surefire M2 came with the tool

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
Wow, your options are endless. Of course I don't know your budget. So I am gonna assume you are rich. lol

If you are going to hand to kids and stuff, I would run a single quality rechargeable. If you don't bore it, run a 17650 battery. I would also get a P60 with a fully programmable driver. One that has 2 mode groups. You set up a Group 1, "Flame Thrower", for your selfish butt to use, then before you set it down or hand off to wife or kids, switch groups to the "Kiddie output" group. For example: Each mode group could have the settings that are relative to the:
User1: 100%, 50%, 10%. outputs
User 2: single mode 50% (med) output
Ya dig me on all that madness?

Or once you get the hang of the programing, you could do a quick reprogram then hand off to kids.

A great drop in would be the Tana Triple P60 with the Dr. Jones MumboJumbo driver.

BTW: I have a few lights laying around the house set up exactly like this. They seem rather innocuous to the non flashlight enlightened. Then a couple taps later....BOOM!!!! Wife is gonna say, Hey how did you make it that bright?? Then you lie and say: I changed the battery. hehehehehe

P60
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...igh-power-custom-made-hybrid-modules-drop-ins

Driver:
http://drjones.nerdcamp.net/#lucid

Maybe I am misinformed, but has the 16650 not been advanced far further in terms of man and amp output than the 17650? I have both KeepPower 16650 and Efest 16650 only because 17650 were hard to find and generally have lower man and amp output ratings...

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I should have started a new thread, but otoh this is pretty much the 6P thread.

Are Malkoff the only tactical level drop ins for the 6P? Seems they are, but had to ask.

They are arguably the most highly regarded in terms of performance, reliability, and commercial availability.

That said, you can find custom made P60-style drop-ins from some very reputable folks around here.

Also, other manufacturers include: Sportac and Lumens Factory - if you do a Google search for "p60 drop-in", you'll find plenty of others in a variety of price ranges. However, I wouldn't group a $10 P60-style drop-in off of Ebay in the same category as a Malkoff drop-in, for example.

Latest posts