New Surefire E2DL 200 LUMENS?!?!

Dan FO

Enlightened
The Secret

The single stage is really a 2 stage with both stages set to high. ;)

pipspeak

Enlightened
there is nothing to test,
there is already a vendor reply that they only changed the spec to match what it already ran at.

But it sounds like that at some point in the last couple of years Surefire did change the emitter, so the oldest versions might not have the same output as the more recent versions.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess is it will happen sometime. The new 1 celled Scoutlight sure looks like a E1B (if you look hard enough)

Yeah, I started a thread about that a few days ago. The M300A Scoutlight looks a lot like an E1B but at 110 lumens. No reason to think the latest batch of E1Bs' couldn't be running the same. But I'll wait for the "official" versions before I decide to get it. And then of course, theres' the LX1 we're all waiting to see...no specs on that either.

claren

Newly Enlightened
Where did you get the clip on the Defender ? Is it off one of the newer model Surefires ?
IMG_2244.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
Seems to me that SureFire are moving to ensure all models are rated according to ANSI/NEMA FL 1-2009 - which for SureFire would mean increasing their lumen output ratings on some models.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Are there beamshots of all the newer Surefires anywhere? I'd like to see all the newer SF's together.

sovereign

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I started a thread about that a few days ago. The M300A Scoutlight looks a lot like an E1B but at 110 lumens. No reason to think the latest batch of E1Bs' couldn't be running the same. But I'll wait for the "official" versions before I decide to get it. And then of course, theres' the LX1 we're all waiting to see...no specs on that either.

Does the M300A actually have a new emitter, or is just an E1B emitter with revised specs, the same as the E2DL?

dcycleman

Enlightened
it would be really cool to put a single mode e2dl bezel on an LX2 body, then you would have a crenellated LX2 with the same UI.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yikes....
The old one did 200L OTF.
New one claims 60% increase.

60% x 200 = 120 additional Lumens!!!

:drool:

By that logic, you could run it off a 17670 and still get over 200 OTF :twothumbs
If you started with 120 lumens and increased it 60 percent, you would be doing 60% times 120.

120 with 60% more output is 192, it must be approximate. From 120 to 200 is actually a 66.66667% increase, and 60% looks a little nicer on paper.

sovereign

Newly Enlightened
Where did you get the clip on the Defender ? Is it off one of the newer model Surefires ?

Yes. LX2. With the three clips I have and these three lights, I think this is the best configuration for them. The E2DL is carried much more now that it has the LX2 clip. Otherwise, way too much bezel sticks out for me.

Hero

Newly Enlightened
Yes. LX2. With the three clips I have and these three lights, I think this is the best configuration for them. The E2DL is carried much more now that it has the LX2 clip. Otherwise, way too much bezel sticks out for me.

That's my problem with the E2DL. I wish SF sold its pocket clips separately.

sfca

Enlightened
The runtime's been upgraded from 1.9 hours to 2 - now equal to the LX2. If this means the LX2's runtime graph that would be superb.

Almost 2 hrs regulation in high beam
LX2runtime.jpg

Runtimes are shown in the graph, the high level using primary cells was around 2hrs, this is same as claimed by surefire, so I would expect the low beam runtime will close to 47 hrs. I also tested 14650 li-on in high beam (17670 does not fit), has 80% brightness compared to the primary cells, not bad, still very bright.

CPF-E2DLruntime.jpg

Sovereign - wondering what method you used to get the clip to fit or anything else to fit it perfectly?

sovereign

Newly Enlightened
Sovereign - wondering what method you used to get the clip to fit or anything else to fit it perfectly?

Nothing. It fits perfectly without modification. Why they do not include this clip with the E2DL is beyond me. The normal, short clip, combined with the long bezel always left me thinking it might end up on the ground. On the other hand, the short clip works fine with the L2 as it has a short bezel and LOOONG body. I will eventually get another LX2 clip for the LX2, somehow...