New Surefire

So it's pretty obvious that Shelby chan has actually played with this light in person. I don't know if he's allowed to, but maybe we can get some accounts from first hand experience. How bright is it really. What light do you think you could compare it to

I to think its somewhat ugly, but If it has a K2 and is the normal surefire LED rating (aka 60 means sometimes 60 and sometimes 100), and the price goes down in time, I might take one.

Like sigman said if you have one you dont want pm me for my address...

beezaur said:
It's kinda like an all-LED, multicolor A2.

Scott

But an ugly one :)

Of course, you need to have a model like this where you have the option to switch colors in a second or two (before your life is in danger because putting on a colored filter for the appropriate application would take too much time :laughing: ).
Of course, it'll be cool, but not cool enough to spend ... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited:
Assuming the model # is correct "[K2-BK-BL/RD]" I'd say that yes it does use the K2. We will find out soon enough...

Also I think once SF does the announcing and proper press these lights will be a lot cooler...

Does anyone know if its one cell or a two cell light. I've read both now.

Its a two cell light I beleive. That link I posted earlier has the specs for output. I am quite surprised its not more to tell you the truth. I cant imagine it was easy building a flashlight like that, and its only 20 bucks more than a U2.

The TIR optics on it makes me thing this will be a decent throw light with that 5W led module behind it. Surefire has only used the TIR on the 1 & 3 watt leds prior to this and they throw exceptionally well. Cant wait for this one.

The specs (or what is known of them at this point) are interesting: Only 60 lumens on high, but presumably a tighter beam, 2 levels, and 2 hours runtime on high. Obviously it was decided that a longer running, farther throwing light was more useful in the intended role.

Seems the superbright flood has been deemed "not the goal" for this light at least.

Scott

P.S. Oh yeah, looks like NO MORE DONUTS!!!

Last edited:
*Jollytoker goes over to his cd's, flips some pages*

*Puts Barenaked Ladies cd in*

"If I had a million dollars, If I had a million dollars"