*new* Thrunite TN36

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *new* Thrunite TN36 - mini TN30

I see that the TN35 is out of stock at many dealers and has disappeared from the Thrunite website. Is the TN36 supposed to replace the TN35? I would hate to see that as I think the control ring is one of the best features ever on a flashlight. I'm not interested in using a button on a TN36.

HIDSGT

Enlightened
another thing I really don't care for is not being able to locate the button to turn it one quickly. it shud really be raised up like the Olight or even like the Eagletac. its too flush with the light. makes no sense whatsoever to do that....:mad:

really can't wait for Olight to release its next big light to replace the SR96. I'm thinkn 8 inches long with 6000+ lumens.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
another thing I really don't care for is not being able to locate the button to turn it one quickly. it shud really be raised up like the Olight or even like the Eagletac. its too flush with the light. makes no sense whatsoever to do that....:mad:

Some people prefer that kind of switch over something more protruding so there's less of a chance of accidental activation. Can't please everyone.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Got mine also two days ago. Really love the light, prefer it over my MM15 and its brighter too.

What I really don't like is I got the Neutral white instead of Cool white. :ohgeez:.

Fugu75

Newly Enlightened
Mine came today. Could not open tailcap, it´s stuck. Was able to put the batteries when unscreved the head. One odd thing, I put some fully charged Enerpower 3400 mha:s (panasonic) in and turned it on, but instead of blue light, the red light was lid. Hard to believe there is not enough current with those cells. Anybody else noticed similar problems?

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, nono I'm not Cutlery Lover haha. I'm just a subscriber.

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
nice ending note regarding his encounter with a police officer. :)

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

The TN36 page on the website does not specify(that I saw) whether this 6510 lumens is "LED lumens" or "OTF lumens at turn on" or "ANSI lumens". As you know, there is a large difference between them.
So, which is it?

Anybody know?
Can someone explain the differences between these 3 please?

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok thanks! Got it so if a flashlight is rated 1,000 LED lumens it is inferior to a 1,000 OTF lumen flashlight, and the OTF is inferior to 1,000 ANSI flashlight

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened

i haven't been able to find this light in stock online anywhere. has anyone ordered it from thrunite's web store?

joxa80

Newly Enlightened
:)i just did(ordered from thrunite store)so now i will have to wait and see.

Latest posts