New Yuntong 123s in stock (run time graph incl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ufokillerz

Enlightened
doh peter seems to have updated his stock and he has a lot now, guess i should have emailed asking for 100 batteries instead of the 95 i was able to order.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I got the Yuntong batteries from Arc.

They have a no load voltage of 3.29 Volt, and an initial short circuit current of 6.7 Amp at 25 °C.

I got the following runtimes:

SF L4: 74 minutes before loss of regulation (flickering and cooling down at 90 mins)

ARC LSH-P: 135 minutes before moon mode

SF L1: 95 minutes (on High) before loss of regulation

SF E2 (25 lumen): 120 min very white light

SF E2 (60 lumen): 50 min very white light

I have indicated with "Loss of regulation" and "very white" a 20% decrease of the initial lux reading.

To me this indicates, on average, a 15% more runtime of the DP brand. They do compare, to my opinion, to name brand cells.

I also initiated and "EDC test" with L4 and LSH-P. I will post again in this thread with more indications.

Note for Kevin: I know that is not possible to recharge 123 cell, and the fact they do not "hold" any charge, because the MnO2 in the 123 is brought to trivalent state by super-heating it... I should have indicated the purpose of the test...
...but slowly charging a 123 is the easiest way to make it gassing and verify the seal/vent. Believe me, I conducted the "charge" operation outside my lab window, but even so the evil smell of carbon tetrachloride is still plaguing my room... I will not repeat the test on the Yuntong!
The only other circumstance that can make a 123 leak is a short circuit AND a concurrent failure of the PTC.

Regards

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts