New Zebralight H31

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Brian321

Enlightened
WOW, I was going to wait for the warm version but thought it would be awhile. So i went ahead and ordered the cool white, I guess ill have to order both also.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I have to make the decision...cool or neutral.

I have never had a neutral tinted light. I don't know if I can be convinced that the color is worth the 60 lumen decrease.

According to their site, the standard H31 should be about the same as the H30 in terms of color, Low 6000's k. I certainly don't mind the color of my H30, so I imagine I will like the color of the H31 standard as well.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
how weird would it be to wear both the 31 and 31w at the
same time?!:rolleyes:
id still like an 18650 tho...

Brian321

Enlightened
how weird would it be to wear both the 31 and 31w at the
same time?!:rolleyes:
id still like an 18650 tho...

Ive tried wearing both the H501 and H501w, If you set them on your head in the right spot it lights up everything, But it looks a little odd because you have one color on your left and one on you right :green:

damn_hammer

Enlightened
Two things. The first, is the H31w going to have a integrated clip, or will it be like the H501 afterthought rubber friction wire clip? I couldn't find mention of the clip except for the lights weight with one. The second, does anyone know if the listed lumens on the ZL site for the H31w are updated for the XP-G neutral, or are those old XP-E numbers?

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope those are old numbers, because dropping from an R5 cool, to R3 neutral should be only 12%-ish reduction in output (considering additional heat)
161 vs. 220

branespload

Newly Enlightened
Any word on a clip similar to the SC series for these? Or if they're interchangeable at all? The H31W, if it does indeed use an XPG neutral, is pretty much the ideal light for me right now.. i hope its got a clip :x

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any word on a clip similar to the SC series for these? Or if they're interchangeable at all? The H31W, if it does indeed use an XPG neutral, is pretty much the ideal light for me right now.. i hope its got a clip :x

I hope those are old numbers, because dropping from an R5 cool, to R3 neutral should be only 12%-ish reduction in output (considering additional heat)
161 vs. 220

Yeah, saw this myself and not sure which is correct. Is it XP-G (then the numbers are wrong) or is it XP-E and the numbers are correct?

damn_hammer

Enlightened
H31: XP-G Cool White
H31w: XP-E Neutral White

The clip is the same as the one for H30.

This isn't what I was hoping for, but thank you for clarifying none the less. Cree has XP-G neutral white, and I promised myself I wouldn't buy another ZL unless the clip was improved over the one used on the H501, etc .... Had my sights set on a 1x123 for my next light purchase.

Last edited:

stephane

Newly Enlightened
is there any hot spot or all flood? What is the beam on the reflector I search but cannot find it?

PS it is my first post here but im familiar with forum and never see this before. is it normal to have to enter the Image Verification every-time I do a post or search? it is a bit of a pain

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is Zebralight's first foray into reflector assisted headlights. using an xp-e vs. xp-g should result in tighter, less useful beam.

The xp-g has a lower forward voltage than xp-e, and due to the large area and resultant lower current density, efficiency is greater for xp-g R5 vs R3 for cool-white, R3 vs Q4 for N-W.

Latest posts