Nitecore EA4 - Can anyone recommend a good UK retailer?

MiXiN

Newly Enlightened
MiXiN what tint did you order ? i went for the warm tint for better colour rendition

I just went with the Neutral White EA4W version, merely because that seems to be what most others in the EA4 thread have.

Not long now until we get our toys... I hope!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EA4 has been shipped today according to my eBay purchase history.

I think the dumb Briton should put 2+2 together and realise exactly why China is up there with the World's strongest Economy while we're retarded and relegated, and purely a laughing stock.

I'm sorry, but when I ran my own business for 4 Years back in 2003, I "severely Undercut" my competition by circa 25%, and made GOOD income by mass sales. My competitors suffered, because the People want bargains. It's simple, it really is!

The name of the game is saving Money this Day and age, particularly under the Government led by that Tosser, David C.

I am a Firefighter on a pittance of £28K PA, 4 on 4 off, so really don't feel like supporting this "RIP OFF" country, thanks.

That's my view..

No need to air your views about your opinion of GB here,I am sure they need Fire Fighters in other countries,I believe China is nice this time of year,give me a shout if you need a lift to the airport.

Kingfisher

Enlightened
No need to air your views about your opinion of GB here,I am sure they need Fire Fighters in other countries,I believe China is nice this time of year,give me a shout if you need a lift to the airport.

Don't think he'd get £28K PA over there in China for spending most of his time sat on his backside! lol

MiXiN

Newly Enlightened
True, we do a lot of sitting around, cleaning, weight training, sleeping, and eating actually, but I wonder how many on here could actually do the job when the bell rings?

My guess is very few, and that's why out of the 100s (nearly 190 iirc) of entrants for the Fire service, only 3 of us actually passed the DIFFICULT physical strength and speed tests back then when I first started.

Most on here would probably have trouble carrying a large torch down ladders from a burning building in serious proximity to heat, let alone your average fat drunkard who fell asleep with the usual Kitchen chip pan fire.

We risk our lives, get stoned and bricked by Youths, and along the way see dead Children, decapitated people, suicides, hoax calls, and People of all shapes and sizes. Then there are the numerous nightmares that come with seeing all this.

Not an easy job, mentally or physically, I'll tell you.

Again... For what we do, I think the Money we earn is minimal.

I'm actually very proud to be a FireFighter, and not be some unfit loser and underachiever who just settled to work in some dirty old warehouse or shop.

Saying we just sit around is pure ignorance, and let's hope you're not the victim of us being "sat on our Anus" when you need us. You wont be, that you can rely on.

I'm sorry for migrating my thread off topic, so please let us now go back OT.

MiXiN

Newly Enlightened
i bought from fasttech that red forest uk suggested seems we have an HK post race :)

Still nothing here as yet.

By default, from previous HK ordering experiences, I was expecting it to be here on Tuesday/Wednesday.

I'm not worried at the moment, but will be if it's not here by Monday or Tuesday next Week.

Has yours arrived yet?

Wolf359

Enlightened
nope no sign yet tried the parcel force tracking page and it said no tracking till after it was delivered which is dumb *** stupid of them, if i have it why the frack would i try and track it. cann't say what i said when i saw that message here as the filters would block it

Kingfisher

Enlightened
nope no sign yet tried the parcel force tracking page and it said no tracking till after it was delivered which is dumb *** stupid of them, if i have it why the frack would i try and track it. cann't say what i said when i saw that message here as the filters would block it

I've always had next day delivery and great customer service with the UK dealers listed here...worth a couple quid extra for peace of mind

Wolf359

Enlightened
few extra quid i don't mind but but for example i bought my Fenix E11's from an HK ebay seller for £16.39 delivered same light from uk is £23.95, i have bought 5 of them so would have cost me and extra £37.80 the price of 2 lights to buy chinese made lights from a british seller. my fenix E40's would have cost me over £16 each extra for the 4 i bought an extra £64 there, 4-5 quid extra each maybe 16 quid frack no.

edit

FYI i have just bought 2 x LD25 R4's from torchdirect.co.uk for £59.90 last 2 they had sadly so i do buy from uk seller when they are reasonable on the price.

Last edited:

Wolf359

Enlightened
11.37 am 22.04.2013 it arrived missus texted me at work rushed home for lunch kissed the missus and grabbed the light (she is less than impressed, flowers chocs and groveling for me real soon).

smaller than i thought it would be was my first impression, bezel is straight, LED is centered, no prints on the smooth reflector or lens, finish flawless. Layard fits we and feels secure

popped in 4 procell AA's (first AA's i came across really) ran through the mode low to high thought wow thats bright then hit turbo and thought F"£% me.

cann't wait till tonight to annoy the neighbours later lads and lasses got some groveling to do before she will let me have lunch

Last edited:

dougie

Enlightened
Glad to see it arrived safely from China. It's also reassuring to know that some Chinese dealers do actually send the item rather than claim they have and then blame it on the postal system when it doesn't show. Oh! And yes I did contact them when it failed to show up the first time. Supposedly, they then sent another one which also miraculously went missing as well. :( The moral of the story is that when people buy from another country with very little (if any) legal redress available then you are taking a big risk! Whilst I can see a few pounds (or dollars) being an acceptable risk anything more is either down to having too much spare money or you like a gamble? ;)

killbasa2000

Newly Enlightened
Hi Damien,
I know I'm very late with the reply, but anyway it might help others. Initially I would recommend torchdirect.co.uk , but after last purchase I won't. Got my Nitecore MT1A on sale with some major issue (slight play in the head was causing a random jumping in modes, sometimes it switched off completely without able to turning on without unscrewing the head etc.). Sent it back for manager to inspect, finally got reply he couldn't find anything wrong with it! Jaysus, I thought, now my postage expenses won't be refunded.(I live in Ireland) Fortunately I filmed a MT1A performance, sent it to the same guy, I'm not sure it helped, but I got my monies back. I had quite a stressful week. BTW Nitecore never responded to my emails about flashlight's problem. Later I bought Olight S15 from taclight.co.uk . Looks alright. I haven't tested them yet, I hope I won't need to :grin2:
Tom

Last edited: