Nitecore MH20GTvn

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

He had the xpg2 on there before. The xpl doesn't have the throw of the xpg2 pdt. In a light this small, 75k is just crazy. The normal mh20gt blew me away when I first got it but this was before I found out about VN lights. The sdminiVN easily replaced the mh20gt with its 60k lux and I was saving up for the mh20gtvn.

Vinh told me it was discontinued via email.

The ec4gtvn is actually amazingly impressive with 125k lux tho. A little bigger than the mh20gt but pocketable and it's easier to find the buttons without looking. I'll most likely get a second ec4gtvn as I like the number on the first one.

sale

Newly Enlightened
He had the xpg2 on there before.

xpg2 availability is not a problem I think, so there has been some other drawbacks --> kind of your win.

Yesterday my shipment was in Netherlands and now it has arrived in Finland, please please please no customs (fee) this time...

sale

Newly Enlightened
I got it today, Vinh knows how to send things :)

I'm a light hiker, so with a battery this a real heavy metal for me. It has so much more throw than I've ever seen (I've not seen much). UI suits for me. I really like this Nichia 219C -tint, my old Thrunite Neutron 2A v2 NW (XM-L2 T6) is much greenier (with visible doughnut).

Thrunite + Nitecore, both turbo. Left part is flipped horizontally, some 2 meters from camera/flashlight to wall. Same parameters than in all pics: ISO100, Manual, f2.8, 1/50 sec, daylight.

Thrunite + Nitecore, both turbo. Left part is flipped horizontally, some 7 meters from flashlight to wall.

Damn I did not find my only 219B LED (only 100 lumens). I have to compare them sometimes, even the output is not the same (like DQG Hobi NW in my keyring).

Last edited:

sale

Newly Enlightened
Yea, that is what is wanted, but when there is nothing to compare, a beam tassel in top of the tree is yawn.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics, sale! Interesting method you have there. I like! Too bad you don't have the stock mh20gt to compare to. What batteries are you using?

sale

Newly Enlightened
I have KeepPower 3500mAh from Nkon.nl. It is my one and only 18650 battery, but with in-light charger, I think I'll survive. I try to get a tree top photo in the evening.

sale

Newly Enlightened
Some beam shots (turbo). Left control pic, middle Nitecore mh20gtVN Nichia 219C, right Thrunite Neutron 2A v2 NW XM-L2.

They are crappy, but new try: I tried to gave more light in photoshop.

Last edited:

msim

Enlightened
Got my 4000K version from the FDT thread today. I love the tint! Boost seems to give it a very slight edge over my stock MH20GT, but considering lumen loss from the warmer tint, I'm happy with that!

Bob_McBob

Newly Enlightened
What is the colour temperature of the stock XP-L HI V3? Reviews describe it as a "pure white" as opposed to cool white.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
guys, this light has gotten my attention from another thread as I don't have a small thrower. please let me know your thoughts on this light and which spec you have/would recommend. thanks!

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
guys, this light has gotten my attention from another thread as I don't have a small thrower. please let me know your thoughts on this light and which spec you have/would recommend. thanks!

I don't have one ( only the MH20vn with XML2 PDT, which I love but is only medium throw for this class ) but just wanted to point out the SDminiVN for your consideration. Same size, but 1000 lumens from an XPG2 PDT at 65k lux. Not quite as throwy as the best GTvn (700+ @71k) but a really decent sized perfectly defined hot spot. Someone who has both might disagree, but this is one of my go to lights. :)

Its really sad to know that this is still the best dedicated 18650 thrower OF ITS SIZE and its nearing an entire year old.... Please vihn, upgrade this format! I'm in desperate want of a pocket thrower of this caliber, but I refuse to buy a 10+ month old flashlight in an age where these sorts of items get replaced by better performers within 1-6 months!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its really sad to know that this is still the best dedicated 18650 thrower OF ITS SIZE and its nearing an entire year old.... Please vihn, upgrade this format! I'm in desperate want of a pocket thrower of this caliber, but I refuse to buy a 10+ month old flashlight in an age where these sorts of items get replaced by better performers within 1-6 months!

Nitecore concept 1 is on the horizon. Keep your hopes up