Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO +

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: How about the Intl-outdoor NCR18650A 3100mAh?

There was an excellent post from an actual search and rescue worker in my Sunwayman V20C review the other week (which was sadly lost in the server outage). But to summarize, his experience was that the more general-purpose beam of the continuously-variable V20C was often more useful than his throwy Olight M3X. More often than not, he was called in for dense forest work - where the throwier light wasn't required, and the extra weight and size was more of a liability.

The SR95 is a great light for seeing over a wide open area. But for up-close disaster work, I would think you would want something much smaller and lighter.

I would agree with this too and it why I bought the Eagletac diffuser for Nitecore TM11.

I also like the Eagletac G25C because of their diffuser option and the extra battery extention options.

I live in an Earthquake region and fire danger area where to lose power for an extended period of time is always a possibility.

witness

Newly Enlightened
Another question about search&rescue...

...The SR95 is a great light for seeing over a wide open area. But for up-close disaster work, I would think you would want something much smaller and lighter.

Well I do have a Spark ST6-460NW headlamp which will keep the hands free and be my main "disaster" light but I thought I might need something stronger on hand. I was actually a little disappointed with the output of ST6 in neutral white compared to my Zebralight H600 in cool white. Do you think if I exchanged it for the ST6-500CW I would notice a difference?
BTW... the reason I don't just use the H600 is because I need to leave the light in my car and I think CR123s primaries will hold up better for longer term storage (as I understand it storing fully charged 18650s will shorten their life fairly significantly).

Last edited:

witness

Newly Enlightened

I would agree with this too and it why I bought the Eagletac diffuser for Nitecore TM11.

I also like the Eagletac G25C because of their diffuser option and the extra battery extention options.

I live in an Earthquake region and fire danger area where to lose power for an extended period of time is always a possibility.

The last couple of posts seem to support my point... which was that the TM11 would be better than the SR95 for relative close proximity disaster work.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

The last couple of posts seem to support my point... which was that the TM11 would be better than the SR95 for relative close proximity disaster work.

I agree with you and I especiially agree that Surefire 123 lithium batteries would be a much better choice for long term storage.

I store 24 Surefires in 'Storeacell' battery holders placed in a Pelican 1020 case; I keep two of these Pelican cases (48 batteries) as back up to my 18650 rechargeables.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Re: Another question about search&rescue...

I was actually a little disappointed with the output of ST6 in neutral white compared to my Zebralight H600 in cool white. Do you think if I exchanged it for the ST6-500CW I would notice a difference?
No, you won't see an output difference (but you will notice the tint difference). It's probably more a question of the beam profile that is giving the relative perception of lower output.

In any case, I do think quality primary CR123A make a better storage solution than 18650 (especially if you ever plan to keep them in your car).

witness

Newly Enlightened

No, you won't see an output difference (but you will notice the tint difference). It's probably more a question of the beam profile that is giving the relative perception of lower output.

In any case, I do think quality primary CR123A make a better storage solution than 18650 (especially if you ever plan to keep them in your car).

Dude, I've said it before but I'll say it again...I REALLY appreciate the fact you take the time to answer a relative newb's inane questions. Thanks so much!

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is my understanding that the third version of the TM11 has extended the threads on the body making battery choice less of a problem.

I do have the third version of the TM11 and have ordered the Keeppower 3100 mAh battery which is 69.7mm which is one of longest 18650 batteries.

While the Eagletac 18650 3100 mAh fits the TM11 very well, I will let it be known if in fact this very long battery (Keeppower) will work in the third version of the TM11.

drsgbriggs

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO

I've used a couple of these extensively over the summer. Tent trailer camping is great with these - walking in the night woods and then using the torch tail-stood to illuminate the camper after hours works great! Great value, good form factor, excellent value.

CM2010

Enlightened

I do have the third version of the TM11 and have ordered the Keeppower 3100 mAh battery which is 69.7mm which is one of longest 18650 batteries.

While the Eagletac 18650 3100 mAh fits the TM11 very well, I will let it be known if in fact this very long battery (Keeppower) will work in the third version of the TM11.

Do they fit?

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do they fit?

Yes, they do fit; version 3 of the Nitecore TN11 have a longer thread count. :thumbsup:

I would add, however, that if you use 8 Surefire CR123, they do rattle a bit.

I will be using mostly 18650 3100mAh batteries and use my Surefire only as back up when needed.

Last edited:

Wiking

Newly Enlightened

Yes, they do fit; version 3 of the Nitecore TN11 have a longer thread count. :thumbsup:

I would add, however, that if you use 8 Surefire CR123, they do rattle a bit.

I will be using mostly 18650 3100mAh batteries and use my Surefire only as back up when needed.

So how can I be sure so get a v.3 of TM11 if I want to order from for example HK equipment or what ever store?

CM2010

Enlightened

Email and ask them what version they stock.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

With more than 88,000 hits this thread my have set a new CPF record

Brightnorm

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO +

Not to mention it has the longest page for a flashlight review. :).

Looking forward for his big brother review, the TM15.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

Brightnorm

More to the point, since selfbuilt's review Nitecore has made three modifcations or changes since March of this year.

Nitecore must be reading this thread too. :cool:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

Well, it certainly sets a record for the number of replies to any of my reviews (22 pages and counting). :eek:oo: But I am afraid the lowly ITP A3 out-ranks it for raw views (at over 100K and counting). ;)

Wiking

Newly Enlightened

Email and ask them what version they stock.

Yes, Nitecore has three versions of the TM11; version two was a circuit board change.

Ok, sounds logical. But what is the version number? I have read before about V1.11 and V1,12-1111. But what's the number of the third version?

pageyjim

Enlightened

Ok, sounds logical. But what is the version number? I have read before about V1.11 and V1,12-1111. But what's the number of the third version?

I believe the latter is the third version. It is the version I have which is suppose to be the third version. I have had no problems and am very happy with it.

"v1.12-1111 is version 3. i got sent v1 11-1110 which is version 2 and still this years model. so far, it is working perfectly. was in a roof yesterday and accidentally had it on turbo. it didnt cycle down at all (was on for about 5-10mins) but honestly, it gets hot to touch by this time, so you are more likely to cycle it down yourself if you are holding it. on high, it hardly gets hot at all even after about 30 mins or so."

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...xXM-L)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO/page13

Last edited:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe the latter is the third version. It is the version I have which is suppose to be the third version. I have had no problems and am very happy with it.

"v1.12-1111 is version 3. i got sent v1 11-1110 which is version 2 and still this years model. so far, it is working perfectly. was in a roof yesterday and accidentally had it on turbo. it didnt cycle down at all (was on for about 5-10mins) but honestly, it gets hot to touch by this time, so you are more likely to cycle it down yourself if you are holding it. on high, it hardly gets hot at all even after about 30 mins or so."

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...xXM-L)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO/page13

Yes, "v1.12-1111 is version 3' is the third version! :thumbsup: