No Love for the Centurion C3???

lightlust

Newly Enlightened
I adore my C3 in a hard anodized finish. It's my workhorse, but a thoroughbred as well.

My C3 is the first light I reach for every day. I suspect that the mundane use of such a nice piece of engineering somehow encourages taking the C3 for granted; I know I'm guilty of doing just that.

Hooray for the C3!

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
My C2 with M2 Shock Isolated Bezel and SW02 Clickie Switch....
DIY_M2.jpg

C3 would look similar, but I prefer the shorter setup here, with P60 lamp for everyday use (I have M3 and M4 for more demanding lighting tasks).

Last edited:

mvnsnd

Newly Enlightened
I also have and use my C3 daily. I have an older style KL3 head modded with a Lux3, increased drive current and PR-T reflector. It's a great sized light, although the KL3 is a bit long. But, it still fit's in a jacket pocket. I love that SW02 switch. Where can I get one in that style?

Jeff

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Lighthound has the SW02, for about $60, and others appear on ebay and in B/S/T occasionally. THe SW02 as seen here is a clickie, but the SW01 (without the rubber shroud) is a conventional momentary on/ screw down for constant switch.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my opinion, the SW02 on M2 or M3 defeat the purpose of the combatgrip; it only looks very appealing, but you loose some functionality.
I have the SW02 on the M4, that improves its grip-ability and look.
The M2 and M3 have the Z58, so I keep the combatgrip and the clickie.

On topic, I don't have the C3, but I have two good'old time Z3/P90. They are not HA, have the lexan lens, but are the "first choice" light I grab or carry when I need an incandescent.

Anthony

Flea Bag

Enlightened
nc987 said:
what do these SW01/02 cost? Do they come in black? Do they fit the executive lights? Thanks.

Sorry man! I don't have any experience with E series lights at all! If the E series light bodies can accept Z48 tailcaps and the standard twisties then the SW01/02 should fit. Don't quote me on that!

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I enjoy the M3/M3T better than the C3, especially if you plan to use MNxx turbohead LA's more often, but the C3 is a very special light. Everyone is spot on about its good feel, pocketability, and good value. Here's my ol' C3 lunchbox: :)

image017a.jpg

Last edited:

Timson

Enlightened
Hope you guys are right....

Just taken the plunge and placed an order for the HAIII C3 Centurion - as my first ever Surefire purchase.....Purely on your say so !!

Never even seen a Surefire in the flesh before - let alone owned one (I'm in the UK), so this is a big moment for me....Just had to know what all the fuss was about and jump onto the Surefire bandwaggon.
Hope I've chosen the right model.

I intend for it to replace my Inova T3 as my EDC duty belt light (Not that there's anything wrong with the Inova.....Just more power is GOOD!)

I'll stick with the Mag 85 for large area searches.

Can't wait till it comes..... :popcorn:

Tim

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
The C3 is a great value for the money, I have two! it's much cheaper than the M3 (which I also have) and the HAIII finish will stand up to much more abuse than the 9P (which I also have).

I've always felt the C3 is a very much under appreciated light.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure would like to see beamshots of the P90/P91 LA's since I am planning on buying this light, it will be my first SF.

Dave

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Timson said:
Hope you guys are right....

Just taken the plunge and placed an order for the HAIII C3 Centurion - as my first ever Surefire purchase.....Purely on your say so !!

Never even seen a Surefire in the flesh before - let alone owned one (I'm in the UK), so this is a big moment for me....Just had to know what all the fuss was about and jump onto the Surefire bandwaggon.
Hope I've chosen the right model.

I intend for it to replace my Inova T3 as my EDC duty belt light (Not that there's anything wrong with the Inova.....Just more power is GOOD!)

I'll stick with the Mag 85 for large area searches.

Can't wait till it comes..... :popcorn:

Tim

I think you'll like it quite a bit... Its pocket-size vs power ratio is one of the highest out there!

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Dukester said:
I sure would like to see beamshots of the P90/P91 LA's since I am planning on buying this light, it will be my first SF.

Dave

I've seen pictures of this before. Someone comparing the P90 & P91 with P60 & P61. I just can't remember if it was in a CPF thread or in an external review. Have you tried doing a search?

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have tried the search. Unfortunately the threads I had bookmarked in the past prior to this recent software/hardware upgrade the bookmarked items are no longer accessable.

Dave

Kris

Newly Enlightened
The M3 is my favorite Surefire flashlight, I use them every night. I don't own a C3 (I own M3's and a 9P), but I have used them and they are a great light. I think the C3 is very comfortable to carry (but I think the M3 is not bad to carry, even in jean pockets but the C3 is more comfortable). I would keep the twist tailcap if you are going to use it for a tactical or defensive light, a click tailcap is great for general purpose lights but not for tactical use.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
I haven't tried it but someone could try doing what Size15 did by taking the rubber guard off the SW02 or Z48. In theory, this should allow the C3 to be used tactically/Rogers/SureFire technique -therefore adding good looks of the tailcap without losing functionality.

Last edited: