Now Let's See How The 2nd Crelant 7G5 Does Against The Olight M3X

ergotelis

Enlightened
You may be right, but I wanted to tell it like it is. And I did.
I didn't want to tell that the comparison is non sense or your photos, your effort is really good as well as the beamshots! The point that i am getting here is that there is another good thrower that matches the performance of a M3X, in single xm-l led category throwers.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Yea and I know what you meant. I love the M3X, but since I ripped up on my first 7G5 as you know it at another place comparing the same lights I thought it was only fair to give this one the credit it deserves. And to me it is a very close comparison. And I can see how some would rule in favor of the M3X. But I believe at least in this sample 7G5 I now have that it has a very slight edge on the M3X.

Noobiwan

Newly Enlightened
Outer Galactic Rim Of The Coruscant Star System
If I'm going to play the "Which one is brighter" game, then based on the pictures given, I'd have to say the M3X has a slightly brighter hotspot. Look at the branches @ 60 yards, the M3X is giving out more light. And the pic with the 1600 shutter speed and F2.8, the M3X looks to have the brighter spot as well.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
To my eyes, based on the photos above, the M3X either win or ties in all of the photos.

I had a 7G5 which I compared to my M3X and my M3X clearly won. I dont have either lights anymore but then my M3X also has a Cool White XML-U2 LED swapped so I wouldn't say it's a fair comparison that is representative....In my M3X and 7G5 samples the 7G5 has a more defined hot spot but it is not brighter.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Try this: Look at post 14 from about 4 feet away...The M3X/bottom beam shot is brighter the the top one...at least to all members in my family.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that the 7G5 and M3X are so closely matched, that either one of them could win depending on your sample. I tend to agree with ILF and think the 7G5 just wins.

I think luminositykilled the cat has both and might be kind enough to share lux measurements.

Enlightened
I believe that the 7G5 and M3X are so closely matched, that either one of them could win depending on your sample. I tend to agree with ILF and think the 7G5 just wins.
I think luminositykilled the cat has both and might be kind enough to share lux measurements.
For my copies, same measurement time, same location/time....i am getting raw figs of 734 lux for 7G5 and 703 lux for the M3X.

I guess there could be variations between the samples. For the cam wise, it could be affected by the WB (even manual WB) + the LCD monitor colour temp.

In real life at 200-400m targets, both are the same.... The M3X is so much more efficient though....and runs cooler. I almost didn't want to get the M3X coz that time i was debating with ILF on his 1st dud copy, but then DD offered it at 67 bucks ($75 discounted and i got a $8 gift card for my SWM V60C order which was shipped a bit wrongly) so it was a no-brainer. :D (I also sold the FF STL-V6 so there was room for one :D )

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Well here's some better ones more to what you will see in real life. Now these pictures were all taken on 9X optical zoom with an ISO of 200 and were set on manual setting with a shutter speed of 1.5" and a focal of 4. These settings seem to capture just about what my eyes see.
Olight M3X 60yds

DSCF2205Small.jpg

Crelant 7G5 60yds

DSCF2221Small.jpg

Crelant 7G5 60yds(4 CR123A)said to have 1500 more lux@ 1 meter vs 18650 batteries according to selfbuilt.

DSCF2279Small-1.jpg

And the Sunwayman T40CS beat the M3X in my test at 60yds.

Sunwayman T40CS 60yds

DSCF2218Small.jpg

Latest posts