now you've got Arc4+, what's your EDC?

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened
Re: now you\'ve got Arc4+, what\'s your EDC?

EDC for me is Arc4+ and Arc AAA now. The 4+ bumped my Arc LS cyan HD first run out of EDC.

I choose the 4+ for EDC because I love being able to select brightness/runtime. I rarely need level 1 brightness, but its always there if needed. The flexibility, brightness, flawless beam and tint, and the small size make the 4+ tough to beat. Now if they could just do all that again, except even smaller and brighter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

snook

Newly Enlightened

EDC now is Arc4+ and Arc AAA.

Why both? The AAA just stays tucked in the watch pocket of my jeans out of habit. Besides, I just love it to death. It's also a little less conspicuous in a public place...

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast

Arc 4+ and Arc AAA LE, or AAA Turquoise, or Arc AA. Depends, always have Arc 4+ and backup. The 4+ replaced LSH-P as EDC I carry it in the belt sheath I made for the LSH-P too.

Tad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Judgedog

Newly Enlightened

ARC 4+ and ARC AAA-P on my keychain. The ARC4+ is like having several different lights in one neat little package.

FlameOn

Enlightened

Can someone explain all these levels? Does the light have different intensities?

darkgear.com

Enlightened

Still carrying my LS2. I won't carry the 4 until I have way to attach my belt loop clip to it. I'm with kaseri, after the novelty wore off after the first week I don't find it as interesting or useful as I thought I would. I find it awkward to use. BUT maybe with one of the new tailcaps in the works(or one of McGizmo's)...

Best regards,
Randy

paulr

Flashaholic

FlameOn, the Arc4 has 16 brightness levels, level 1 is the brightest and level 16 is the dimmest.

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened

Yup. The Arc4 has two user-programmable modes, "primary" and "secondary". You can program the brightness of these two modes via a menu of 16 brightness levels. Also "boost" (level 1) and "dim" (level 16) are instantly available anytime. This gives you quick access to up to four brightness levels.

Note also that the Arc4 remembers your last level that was selected. I find this very helpful.

You might enjoy reading this thread for more details on the various features.

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast

To be a true EDC, a light has to have some oomph. Tonight I returned home late to my cabin from a night meeting and knew immmediately that a skunk was about, probably in the compost bucket near the front door. OK, I love the Arc AAA, but the Arc AAA is not going to pick out that skunk in time to be useful. So I kicked my Arc4+ from 16 to 1 and knew immediately where I could walk and where I couldn't. Great light.

nybble

Newly Enlightened

I just got a firefly and that replaces my recently lost arc aaa as edc. My arc4+ is still too big for keychain duty and that's where I like to EDC my lights.

bwcaw

Enlightened

My arc 4+ has replaced the L4 as my edc light. I sometimes carry my L5/pila combo if I need more light though.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

For me the ARC AAA goes everywhere my keys go. I guess that makes it an EDC.
BUT I still have primary and secondary EDC lights.
The secondary is a McLux with a TWAK running at about 1 amp. Great throw, color and size.
I used to never leave the house without an ARC LSH-S second that I have. My ARC4+ has replaced the LSH-S.
Why you might ask. Well I will tell you.
It is a cool light. Does everything the LSH-S does. It is brighter, whiter and has a clip.

The multimode programability of the ARC4 is nice but beyond my initial set up (Primary and secondary Levels), I do not think I will ever have much use for it. SOS Why? 16 levels of light? I personally don't need all that.
The ARC4 is well made, small and has a wide range of uses. It makes for a good EDC.
Yaesumofo

paulr

Flashaholic

Well, this is flashlight lunacy week for me. I got the Arc4" a couple days ago and am now in the process of getting a semi-complete Firefly with a turned-down Fraen LP that I have an R2H (but no converter module yet) waiting for. I'll probably use a MM+. But (does this work?) I'm thinking I might set up the FF with no optic, for a wide flood beam. That would nicely complement the Arc4"'s narrow beam.

terrybright

Newly Enlightened

I EDCed my Arc 4+ for about two weeks after receiving it but now it has been replaced by my Surefire E2e. The key factor is that I also EDC an Arc AAA on my keychain and it is ideal when a small amount of light is appropriate. The Arc 4+ is just not quite enough when I need a lot of light.

Turt

Enlightened

My Arc4 has replaced my LSHP for EDC, and I carry an AAA on my keychain as well. Love the light, for its size and ability to adjust runtime and brightness.

Spectre

Newly Enlightened

I still have an Arc AAA on my keys, but I have replaced my other pocket EDC (E1e/KL1) with the Arc4+

BB

Jarndyce

Newly Enlightened

Arc4+ - Replaced E1e/KL1

A2 - In Briefcase

kaseri

Enlightened

I still EDC my McLux PR-T hosted on a McLux 1x123 battery pack.

MY

Enlightened

I still carry my firefly as my primary EDC (because of its size) but my ARC 4+ is getting more playtime and serves as my backup. I don't need 16 levels of light but it sure is nice to choose which levels of light for my settings. Now if the 4+ could be shrunken down to a firefly size, then it would be ideal. As it is, the 4+ is still too big for EDC. I never carried a ARC AAA simply because a Photon III served the same purpose and was much smaller. For me size still does matter but coolness does too. The 4+ is simply cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Latest posts