Officially a small business owner. Check out my website!

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
This Wednesday I will have my toughest challenge yet. A mid '90s Lexus SC400 with moisture inside the lens and very very discoloured lenses. I'm going to have to remove the drivers side light and blow-dry the inside until it's dry and then I'm going to have to locate where water got in and use silicon to patch it up. After that I can get to work on the restoration. I suspect removing the light will take 30 minute, drying another 30, patching 45 minutes and re-installing another 20. close to two hours. I am going to charge 40/hour for this. That sound fair?

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to have to remove the drivers side light and blow-dry the inside until it's dry and then I'm going to have to locate where water got in and use silicon to patch it up.

Don't use silicone-based products on it, unless you want it to fog.

Also, it may have gotten condensation on the inside from not a leak, but a plugged vent.

There's also a very slight grammatical error on your "About Us":
...As an Alumni of the College of Business Administration at California State University...
The singular is "alumnus" for men, "alumna" for women.

Last edited:

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Don't use silicone-based products on it, unless you want it to fog.

Also, it may have gotten condensation on the inside from not a leak, but a plugged vent.

There's also a very slight grammatical error on your "About Us":

The singular is "alumnus" for men, "alumna" for women.

Wow thank you for the link. I'll decide how to approach it when I take on the job. If it's over my head then I may tell him he's just going to have to buy a new light. I'll correct the error ;)

THanks!

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Thanks Kasual! I tried to make the pictures as big as possible without cluttering up the page, but they're hosted so if you click them you can get a very detailed picture of the lenses. I hope this draws people to utilize my service! Marketing is a pain in the butt though...