Olight Javelot Turbo

SKV89

Enlightened
I haven't measured throw because I can't find enough space in my house to measure. I will likely post throw measurements at a later date. I measured lumen output using the Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights and measured the light quality using the Sekonic C-800-U. The extremely high quality and feel of this light is unlike anything I've seen yet. It screams premium!

Olight Javelot TurboTurbo1,278 lumens6342K0.0003 DUV65.9 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-31.4 R939.0 R1260 Rf96 Rgincluded battery pack
Olight Javelot TurboHigh493 lumens5915K0.0035 DUV64.4 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-41.0 R936.0 R1259 Rf96 Rgincluded battery pack
Olight Javelot TurboMid139 lumens5712K0.0074 DUV64.1 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-48.2 R934.3 R1261 Rf95 Rgincluded battery pack
Olight Javelot TurboLow13 lumens5303K0.0113 DUV64.2 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-54.0 R932.1 R1263 Rf94 Rgincluded battery pack

Interesting, thanks. They cut the lumens in half with the Turbo, but if you compare the size of the lit face of the LED, the Turbo has about 1/4 the area of the Pro. So half the Lumens, but in 1/4 the area = double intensity.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received this light this week and am very impressed. I have a love for throwers, and Olight hit it out of the park with this one. I also have an Acebeam L19 and an Acebeam K75, too. The tint does seem less cool than the Acebeam so that is good as I don't like cool white. It is definitely not what I would consider neutral but it isn't super cool either.

Everything about it exudes quality, even the nice case it comes in. I am confident the Javelot Turbo is going to serve me very well on night patrol. For anyone wondering, the L19 and Javelot Turbo have similar throw. The beam profiles are definitely different and both have their advantages and disadvantages. It would be really great if Olight made a single cell version of this light, either 21700 or 26650. The Warrior X Turbo has about half the candela of this, but that form factor is very nice. I was turned off of the Warrior X Turbo especially by the fact that the lowest mode is 150 lumens. That is way too bright for a low mode in my opinion and would still blow your dark adapted eyes if you needed to try and preserve your vision. The low on the Javelot Turbo is very useful, and so is the Acebeam L19.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and measurements.

tokerblue

Newly Enlightened
I use the Javelot Pro when I'm waterfowl hunting. The throw is really nice when you're in a boat looking for a place to set up.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Proprietary 2x 21700 battery pack you cannot even remove. I feel like im going back to the 90s with surefire & Streamlight NiCad sticks, except its worse. This thing cant even keep 1300 lumens for longer then 30 seconds (see review by zeroair) when there are single 21700 lights that give you that for almost 1 hour without stepping down. Apparently (according to a comment on zeroairs review) you cannot even charge the battery any time you want.

This form factor of flashlight has already been perfected by Mag-lite/Kel-lite/streamlight/... decades ago. C-cell primary or NiCad Sub-C rechargeable models with their 30mm tubes & side switches give you near perfect ergonomic proportions. These modern 18650 variants, and even 21700 to a lesser degree (like this one), have tubes which are too narrow for their size, and the excessive milling/ribbing does not serve any practical purpose apart from feeling uncomfortable over long periods. Tail switches also do not work well for lights of this size. There is no need to reinvent the wheel. I would consider this product more of a toy then a tool. Just my 2 cents.