Olight M20 Warrior

heathen

Newly Enlightened
Okay so I'm looking for a new double cell 123 light. I've been looking at the Olight M20 warrior and I like what I see. The UI is good and I like the levels and runtimes. What I'm wondering is, is there something better for my needs.

I want a really bright high mode. As bright as I could get it and still have about an hour of runtime. It would also be nice to have good throw. I also need it to have a good medium mode, say around 80-100 lumens or so. It would also be great if it had a good low mode, 10 lumens or less. But it's not a deal breaker if it doesn't have the low mode. I have other lights for that. I'll primarily use this light for a home defense, bump in the night light and for intermittent use outside when shining the light around my couple of acres looking for skunks and other wildlife at night. I'm so-so when it comes to strobe. It's nice to have it but I'm not sure I'll ever really use it other than messing around with the kids. ;-) Of course I'm looking for long runtimes in all modes as I don't have a lot of money and 123 batteries can get expensive. I know I should go to rechargeables but I don't think I'm ready to take that leap just yet. I like the Olight but what else beats it if anything?

I saw the new Titanium M20, and it looks incredible but I know it will be out of my price range.

Thanks for your help.

Mikellen

Enlightened
The Olight M20 Premium R2 is a great light. The R2 most likely will be a WH bin which would have a warmer tint than the Olight M20 with Q5 WC LED.

The medium mode run time is about 9 hours and probably will be all you need except for the times when you "really need" high mode.
The low mode is quite useful also.

EagleTac T20C2 is similar to the M20. There is a thread on it already.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I`m sure a standard 500+ lumen SST-50 M20 Warrior is going to be out any day...about the same time as the TI one. And sell for a whole lot less.

But if you don`t want to wait a month or so...and feel you will be happy with only 200 or so lumen I say...go for it...still a nice light ;)

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I highly recommend the Olight M20!

Great light!
Simple to use, and very comfy to hold :thumbsup:

The Jet-III is lovely aswell.

heathen

Newly Enlightened
If they make an uprgaded aluminum version of this light and the price is right then I will have my ideal light for sure. Thanks for the suggestions fellas!

robe619

Newly Enlightened
I don't understand why you wouldn't want to "take the leap" for rechargeable batteries.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't understand why you wouldn't want to "take the leap" for rechargeable batteries.

I'm not the OP, but I can explain my point of view, I also use exclusively primaries.

1) Most lights run regulated on primaries, unregulated on li-ion
2) Most of my lights don't take the 18650
3) RCR123 suck, not enough capacity
4) You start with 2 x 18650 and a charger, you end up with a drawer full of different cells and chargers, a hobby nest to the lights.
5) If reason 4 occurs, you always must pay attention which cell to put in which light, if not :poof:
6) I don't have a light which I use on a regulary (daily) basis for hours, mine are used randomly and mostly only for minutes

Now, you may give me 10 reasons why rechargeables are the better option (for you), I currently have probably 100 CR123A in my nightstand and they are the option for me! I fully undertand though, why other people preffer rechargeables, if you use a light each day and would have to buy 1 cell per day, it wouldn't be reasonable.

As for the M20, it's great if you like the UI with the memory. There will surely come an aluminium version with the SST-50 soon.

Closet_Flashaholic

Enlightened
I like my M20 R2. I use it for very similiar reasons as the OP. I use 18650 (AW) and the W-139 charger. I have 2 18650's - 1 in the light, 1 spare. Very low cost to operate. Very good runtime. Tough as nails.

The M20 is a "laser-beam" thrower though. If they release a M20 with the SST, that might be a little more floody, which might just hit the spot for me. I can't wait. But it will need to be 1 18650 (like the M20 R2). If 4-sevens MCE hits first, I may have to look at that one.

I won't be getting the Ti version though, way too much money for 1 light, for me anyways, although it's very pretty. I have a Ti watch and I get upset everytime it gets a scratch in it, I don't need something else made of Ti to worry about.

ARA

Enlightened
I like my M20 R2. I use it for very similiar reasons as the OP. I use 18650 (AW) and the W-139 charger. I have 2 18650's - 1 in the light, 1 spare. Very low cost to operate. Very good runtime. Tough as nails.

The M20 is a "laser-beam" thrower though. If they release a M20 with the SST, that might be a little more floody, which might just hit the spot for me. I can't wait. But it will need to be 1 18650 (like the M20 R2). If 4-sevens MCE hits first, I may have to look at that one.

I won't be getting the Ti version though, way too much money for 1 light, for me anyways, although it's very pretty. I have a Ti watch and I get upset everytime it gets a scratch in it, I don't need something else made of Ti to worry about.

+1, completely agree with you

soulrider

Newly Enlightened
I can't offer any suggestions for other lights. I can only give a +1 to the M20. I just got one a few months ago. It seems to have everything you want from a fairly low low to a decent mid level and a nice high mode. It has memory and strobe if you decide you want it. It's a nice size light (smaller than what I thought). It feels solid and well made. I only wish I'd known the Ti version of the M20 was coming out. I would have waited and bought that instead.

EagleAg

Newly Enlightened
I can also add on another +1 for the M20 R2. I had been looking at a few other lights but was really sold on the UI and the warmer tone which helps retain colors a bit better outdoors.