Olight S30R

dukeofbecker

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum... Of course the Olight S30R accepts 2xCR123a batteries...I am wondering if the Olight S30R/charging unit will properly charge 2xRCR123a batteries (rechargeables) if installed...?

Thanks,
Carl Perez, Cobleskill, NY

kj2

Flashaholic
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum... Of course the Olight S30R accepts 2xCR123a batteries...I am wondering if the Olight S30R/charging unit will properly charge 2xRCR123a batteries (rechargeables) if installed...?

Thanks,

AFAIK, the S30R doesn't support RCR123's.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Hi all,

Thanks,

Nope, 1 x 18650 only when charging.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Bad throw on this light....look like the fenix PD35, not my kind of light...i want a bit more.

Im still waiting, for a new olight superthrowerlight, of over 300 kcD.

But i have a 300 kcD plus light...the Nitecore TM36.

Last edited:

Olightworld

Enlightened
If the S30R runs at max(Turbo) for more than 2 minutes, the brightness ramps down to
high within one minute. If you turn the light on at the high output, it will continue at high, without any time limit.

The Gadget Guru

Newly Enlightened
This just arrived yesterday...limited playing around time but I'll do a review on this once I've taken a closer look and had some use time.

Anyone know how this was assembled and therefore comes apart? It appears that the very front ring would unscrew (looking closely it looks like it may be glued on to seal it up for waterproofing? Just an early guess. But if the inside of the lens needed cleaning it would be nice to know you CAN unscrew that. I tried without forcing it and it didn't budge.

It is 3mm thicker than me normal EDC which is an Inova X5 I've had for many years and has served me quite well. Not in the new high-tech league of crazy brightness but a very worthy EDC make like a tank.

foolds

Newly Enlightened
Darn Missed out on the Deal on this light.

I just lost my PD35 and am looking for a replacement.

Seams like every time I get a good light I manage to loose it. But ive had the same $15 tmart flash lights for years... :mecry:

Any longer use reviews on this light? hows it holding up?

JJ

cmichael

Newly Enlightened
Re: OLIGHT S30R CURRENT DRAIN

I pre order my S30R few week ago, Got it about 2 week ago, But I see a donut hole in hot spot and very yellowish, take a close up looks at the emitter. It was 2 black dot at the Dom, Call up going gear, they ask me to send it back to exchange it. So I ask can I buy another one first with on sale price of 59.96. and I will return the bad S30R for credit back to my card, Also I request to check the new one before it ship. Got it 2 days later at Christmas eve. Open up the box and charge it full at green light comes on from the charger base. I check the voltage is 4.25V. And the light is perfect . no donut hole and cool white hot spot. I had deal with GG few time. Great customer service.

It's that normal Olight 18650, 3400mah can charge up to 4.25V ?

After 3 month, My Olight start to flick, and now don't turn on at all. Call up going gear, They give me RMA# to return to them to send it to China to get repair, Customer service said it took up to 3 month get to get a back, They send off stuff to China in the 1st of the month. So I won't have the light for almost 4 month.

Do you guys have any Issue with the Olight S30R?

cmichael

Newly Enlightened

After 3 month, My Olight start to flick, and now don't turn on at all. Call up going gear, They give me RMA# to return to them to send it to China to get repair, Customer service said it took up to 3 month get to get a back, They send off stuff to China in the 1st of the month. So I won't have the light for almost 4 month.

Now I have to use my PD35 for back up. I miss my S30R, 4 month is long time.

Terry M

Newly Enlightened

Yeah, my Olight had problems right out of the box. Would not turn on after taking it off the charger in the morning. Had to smack it against my hand to get it to work and that didn't always do it. Shouldn't have to do this. I contacted Olight and was basically told to send it back to where I purchased it. I got the idea that they just didn't seem to care much about the problem I was having. What kind of quality control do they have anyway? I belong to a flashlight fanatic group on FB and we're all quite irritated with Olight. I own 4 of their lights (the S30R was the 5th) and I sent the S30R back to Amazon and have moved on to other lights. The market has too many good companies with excellent lights for the lack of quality control and lack of customer service.

andrew2

Newly Enlightened

This light looks good,any one reviewed this light?

Mavik

Newly Enlightened
I have used this light daily for about 6 months now and it is incredible. The charging dock is awesome. Whenever I am back in the office I just pop it on and it's ready to go. Great light.