Olight Titaninum Infinitum Limited Edition Registry

LEDad

Newly Enlightened
Re: Unofficial? Olight Titaninum Infinitum Registry

Received polished No. 58/100 with diffuser and so far I am very pleased.:twothumbs

naked2

Enlightened

Okay, this thread needs a bit of work to be a registry! Here is what the first post should contain so far. I have added my number.
When I get back home tonight in about three hours, I'll take care of it. Sorry I haven't made time yet.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, we're still on the 23rd here!

Bet you're headed outside with it as soon as it gets dark and since it's already the 24th there, maybe you'll be able to test it's throw capability up in the air looking for passing vehicles. Just don't get hit by any reindeer droppings! :D

You guys are living in the past!

It is almost 5pm, but it wont be dark until close to 9pm (longest day was 2 days ago - do we (flashholics) have a special holiday for the shortest day?).

I tried out the diffuser - looks silly on the light but works well, no hotspot!

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

You guys are living in the past!

It is almost 5pm, but it wont be dark until close to 9pm (longest day was 2 days ago - do we (flashholics) have a special holiday for the shortest day?).

I tried out the diffuser - looks silly on the light but works well, no hotspot!
Oh that's right, you're on the wrong hemisphere for being a flashaholic right now! Come up to Alaska for the winter; we've got lots of flashlight hours right now! :thumbsup:

Evil Homer

Newly Enlightened

olight.jpg

O.K., ok... #40 infinitum & the mystery object. Ordered EARLY saturday morning (I was 3 sheets to the wind) Matt shipped on the following Monday. That's AWESOME!:thumbsup: Will definately do business with Battery Junction again! Red filter included. Emitter slightly misaligned from perfect center, small doughnut-hole in the spot, otherwise pretty slick light! Great throw for its size. Nothing like the "bling-factor" of titanium!

Last edited:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast

#96 Polished w Diffuser. Very nice light IMO. Just something about Ti.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*

I got #93 polished with the diffuser filter. I love everything about this light! It is so small yet brighter than my Task Force 2C CREE.

OLIGHTTIINFINITUM.jpg

naked2

Enlightened
The OP has been updated with the addition of the registry with the help of divine. I've also added more information about the Infinitum. :santa:

OCDGearhead

Newly Enlightened
I just recieved:

Number 80 Polished / Diffuser
Number 81 Polished / Diffuser

The reflectors are surprising deep for such a small light. When looked at next to my Fenix P2Dq5 the difference is pretty striking.

Can't wait for it to get dark:twothumbs.

Merry Christmas everyone. I plan on doing a side by side comparison using 16340's & CR123 primaries later (maybe tonight:naughty:).

edit:
Just took a Fenix P2Dq5 and an Infinitum out for a quick comparison.
It is about 30f out with 30mph winds and freezing rain so I won't be doing a much comparing.
The light coming out of the Olight is very, very neutral compared to the Fenix. The trees and the rest look much truer in the Olight beam.
The beams look different also, with the Fenix seeming to produce more light close, the Infinitum has a boring quality in foul weather that the Fenix doesn't quite equal. The little Olight looks like quite a little thrower compared to the benchmark P2D. The beam from the Fenix was quite shocking as it was my first real light (after lurking here for weeks) and produces some serious output for it's size. The Olight just seems like one of it's parents may have been a Dmini.
Color rendition is great with this light, the best of any I have right now. Didn't do any wall hunting with it, but it looks great out in the pines & junipers.
Very solid little light with one of the best clickie's I have tried. Great and unique feel in the hand.

Last edited:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

. Emitter slightly misaligned from perfect center, small doughnut-hole in the spot...

I noticed the same small donut-hole in the center of my hotspot, more noticable on low settings. This bothered me until I looked at my Q5 -T10 -2008 version that also has the small black spot in the center of the hot spot. My emitter is a hair off center, not enough to cause this. Besides me and Evil Homer, are others observing this?

clintb

Enlightened

I noticed the same small donut-hole in the center of my hotspot, more noticable on low settings. This bothered me until I looked at my Q5 -T10 -2008 version that also has the small black spot in the center of the hot spot. My emitter is a hair off center, not enough to cause this. Besides me and Evil Homer, are others observing this?
Yep, same thing here with # 89 polished. Slightly off-center and donut hole at close distances. Not enough to cause me to park it on a shelf though. I love the feel and will just hold it as I'm reading a book at work.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

I just got #91 and #92, both with diffuser.

These lights are genuine jewels, both visually and in actual use! I've been quite happy with my D10 as my serious light and wish so badly that they had got the low setting as low as the D10, even if they'd had to give up a little on top. Still doesn't prevent me from being very happy to have these lights and now my only problem is figuring out what to do with both of them; keep them both, give one away or hmmm... :rolleyes:

Got to say I really love the beam too, not perfectly smooth, but has a decent throw and a gentle fringe of light on the outside of the evident flood area. Now I've got to go play with them some more and compare them with my new Dereelight C2H... :naughty:

Great job Olight! :twothumbs

Evil Homer

Newly Enlightened

Yep, same thing here with # 89 polished. Slightly off-center and donut hole at close distances. Not enough to cause me to park it on a shelf though. I love the feel and will just hold it as I'm reading a book at work.

This is getting a bit picky on my part, and the slight imperfections don't honestly bother me much, but I think I found the explanation for the doughnut hole... With the red filter in place, the light set to lowest-low and wearing my Ray-Bans, looking through a magnifying loupe (I know, I know... I said I was getting picky:laughing:) I can see a tooling mark in the center of the led dome. It looks like a slight impression left there from handling or instalation or... who knows. None of my other Q5's have this mark. Check and see if yours dosen't have something similar. It helps to piviot the light around to a variety of angles, as you have to get the contrast/angle just right to see it. I doubt I could successfully photograph it, but I'll try. Not complaining, just stating my findings.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is getting a bit picky on my part, and the slight imperfections don't honestly bother me much, but I think I found the explanation for the doughnut hole... With the red filter in place, the light set to lowest-low and wearing my Ray-Bans, looking through a magnifying loupe (I know, I know... I said I was getting picky:laughing:) I can see a tooling mark in the center of the led dome. It looks like a slight impression left there from handling or instalation or... who knows. None of my other Q5's have this mark. Check and see if yours dosen't have something similar. It helps to piviot the light around to a variety of angles, as you have to get the contrast/angle just right to see it. I doubt I could successfully photograph it, but I'll try. Not complaining, just stating my findings.

I can't see this mark on the dome, but then again my eyes aren't the greatest. Furthermore, my Q5 T10 has a similar dark defect in the center of the hotspot. If I look very closely at the hotspot, the very center of the hotspot is bright, surounded by the slightly darker donut, then more hotspot. The brighter the setting the less noticable the donut although there still is some uneveness of the entire hotpot even on full intensity. Since this artifact is seen on my T10, I figure it might be caused by the hybrid reflector, although if that were the case, everyone should be seeing this and only a few so far have reported this issue.

AA6TZ

Enlightened
Success! A New Olight Titanium Infinitum (#12 of 200) Arrived Today!!!

A fellow CPF Member, thenolden (a Saint of a gentleman to be perfectly honest) PM'ed me during the evening of December 23rd to inform me that he had in his possession a new Olight Titanium Infinitum, still in the bubble wrap, unopened and untouched, with a hand-written number (12) visible on the label. To say I was excited beyond words is an understatement.

After pretty much giving up any and all vestiges of hope of ever finding a new Infinitum, polished or sand-blasted, I was truly staggered by the thought of actually owning a polished version and with such a low serial number. :thumbsup: Thenolden, if you're reading this, please know how unbelievably grateful I am for your noble and kind gesture: selling me this superlative flashlight! Thank you, Sir. Thank you indeed.

Hey CPF'ers! Have a laugh - at my expense. After peeling off the bubble wrap surrounding the Infinitum's retail box, it wasn't all that intuitive just how to get the d*mned box open (short of X-Acto-knifing the lid, which would have been a catastrophic no-no summa-cum-laude). I donned a pair of high-magnification specs then walked to where I could stand underneath the clarifying illumination provided by four, very bright fluorescent lamps (located in the bathroom, dontchaknow) to take a closer and much better look at the "mystery" box sitting in front of me (which was beginning to mimic a Chinese puzzle box, to tell you the truth). There were no visible lines or traces indicating an opening, other than the obvious one that runs horizontally across the face of the box, affixed to the surface of which is an oval, white and green RoHS label with the number "12" hand-printed in blue ballpoint ink. I pushed, pulled, slid ... hell, attacked (carefully :rolleyes:) the little box from every conceivable angle (or so I thought). Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Then, by exerting a little (okay - firm) upward pressure on the face of the box, I heard a distinct "pop" as the label's adhesive backing released its hold and then, lo and behold, the little box was finally OPEN! Inside, surrounded by dense, black cushioning foam I observed the Infinitum, along with a Red filter assembly, a particularly handsome/well-made lanyard and a rather Spartan instruction manual. Located underneath the cushioning foam was a rectangular swatch of black leather with the words "Olight Titanium Infinitum" imprinted in silver. All in all, a very nice touch. Thanks, Olight! The box (and its contents :D) certainly make for one classy presentation.

After managing to finally get the box opened, the fun began.

In went a new CR123A. Next thing I knew, I was watching with delight as a beautiful, creamy white beam of light spilled-forth from the Infinitum onto one of the walls inside my front room. MAN did it ever produce a coherent and BRIGHT sweet spot, albeit surrounded by three rings (aka "donuts") of spill. In no way did the latter detract from my enjoyment, nor my assessment of the beam's quality. On the contrary ... the spill served to enhance my overall perception of quality of the light's output. Opinions will (and likely do) vary on this particular characteristic, however. Happily, I *LOVE* every facet of my newly acquired Titanium Infinitum, including (er, especially) its beam pattern. :twothumbs BTW - I experienced none of the problems previously mentioned in this thread. This little baby is absolutely PERFECT in every way!!!

I am VERY happy with this light. Can you tell? Thanks again, thenolden, for making it all possible.

Very Best Regards from Encinitas, CA.

-Clive

Last edited:

naked2

Enlightened
Well Clive, I can't tell you how glad I am that you acquired an Infinitum, as I know how disappointed you were to find them sold out. I am equally as glad to hear you're very happy with it, as I too am with mine! :thumbsup:

I'll update the registry right now!

Happy New Year, Tony

AA6TZ

Enlightened
Well Clive, I can't tell you how glad I am that you acquired an Infinitum, as I know how disappointed you were to find them sold out. I am equally as glad to hear you're very happy with it, as I too am with mine! :thumbsup:

I'll update the registry right now!

Happy New Year, Tony

Why thank you, Tony! :thumbsup: I sincerely appreciate your kind words and thoughts. Glad to hear (ecstatic, actually) how happy you are with your Infinitum. :twothumbs

Have a Happy New Year too, Tony!

Very Best Regards,

-Clive