Olight X9R

hehaw77

Newly Enlightened
There are so may youtube reviews out on this thing that I felt like I had already bought it before it arrived at my house... DX80 is a better buy I own both...

filipdent

Newly Enlightened
Just arrived mine.huge,power full,and ten year warranty.its my first serious olight flashlight.warm at 25000 and stepped down but the battery have enough power to be back to 25000 after cooling.the 3 minutes is for the increase of temp,but after cooling have another 3 min and another 3min and another 3 minutes.

augustgray

Newly Enlightened
This light is extremely well made and is one you'll want with you when you need to light up a large area as for wildlife viewing, etc. Olight offered a $150 discount on the x9r a couple months ago. The light has s great lockout feature that is easy to turn on and off. Haven't heard of anyone buying this light and not being completely satisfied.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if Olight has addressed the leaking issue?

The early ones were literally filling with water when dunked. A far cry from the IPX7 rating [able to withstand immersion in water up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes].

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if Olight has addressed the leaking issue?

The early ones were literally filling with water when dunked. A far cry from the IPX7 rating [able to withstand immersion in water up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes].

I kinda doubt it, problem is the rubber flap isnt really meant to submerge the light under water but it should handle heavy rain fine tho, they should used a metal cap instead or something for better seal water out like acebeam does on their searchlights..

Arif

Newly Enlightened
I'm personally loving X9R ownership. It's very akin to the feeling I had (& still have) with owning my Canon EOS 1Vs - owning the flagship product and pinnacle of engineering effort, on the part of a company I rate highly. Any LED light is an engineering marvel, because to my mind, LEDs are - even to the mind which can readily comprehend how a heated wire produces light - LEDs are pure witchcraft!!

So then take a company which in my opinion has prioritised quality over everything else - or sought to - and their effort at producing one thing which represents everything they stand for - I'm happy to buy into that (pardon the pun).

I see it as fantastic bang-for-buck - where specifically - I still want high quality of execution, not just an answer lumens-warring.

Actually - this is a case-in-point - where Acebeam need a 'fandle' to pull off their latest creation, this to me points to having gone beyond what is sensible, appropriate and practical, for the state of LED technology today.

Olight had to compromise too, of course - what with a 3-minute step-down - but without that, we're back to sub-8,000 Lumen lights (off the top of my head).

So - in summary - the X9R rocks!

Arif

Beckler

Enlightened
This is crazy. It's an old video; is there some resolution or statement by olight now?

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
This is crazy. It's an old video; is there some resolution or statement by olight now?

doubt it, the way the rubber flap is designed i wouldnt recommend submerge the light like in that video above... but it should handle rain fine tho.. im not gonna be dumb to submerge a 600$ light..

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
doubt it, the way the rubber flap is designed i wouldnt recommend submerge the light like in that video above... but it should handle rain fine tho.. im not gonna be dumb to submerge a 600$ light..

Olight gave the X9R an IPX7 rating [able to withstand immersion in water up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes].

If the light can't withstand immersion, Olight did a disservice to its customers.

Many professionals use searchlights in situations where lives depend on a lights ability to perform as expected [and advertised].

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
Olight gave the X9R an IPX7 rating [able to withstand immersion in water up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes].

If the light can't withstand immersion, Olight did a disservice to its customers.

Many professionals use searchlights in situations where lives depend on a lights ability to perform as expected [and advertised].

I know that, but again, the rubber flap doesnt really look like a good choice sealing good enough problem is its so easy to open it and thus u can guarantee the water seal..

mortuus

Newly Enlightened

I know that, but again, the rubber flap doesnt really look like a good choice sealing good enough problem is its so easy to open it and thus u can guarantee the water seal.. as u saw on the video way too much water got in, thats hardly ipx7 rating. it looks good on paper but in real life better not drown light...

Last edited: