Operation Enlightenment!***CLOSED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greengoose

Newly Enlightened
Re: 1st post: Just got my TL-3 here in IRAQ. Thank

[ QUOTE ]
JasonC8301 said:
Also the new Kiwi Desert boot care kit is ok from my initial use of it on one of my friends timberlands. $8 from the PX I go too. It has a scrub brush, a suede soft brush, a eraser bar, a bottle of cleaner, a bottle of protector, a bottle of protectant, and a small towel in a package with instructions.
Good luck, stay safe,and happy holidays,
Jason

[/ QUOTE ]
I just got back from the BX. Still no boot protection. We got hammered with rain the last two weeks and there isnt anything in sight. However all music CDs are $6 and Video games are $20 and Mountain Dew is $1 per case. We are doing pretty good considering everything.
-Bryan

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm on it! I'll be sending out mail tomorrow........

rlhess

Enlightened

Bryan,

Thank you for answering your country's call--and doing a great job of it. Stay safe!

I, too, love my TL-3. I had it in my bag for a while, but have replaced it with an L6 which serves most of my needs and will be getting my KT4 turbohead tomorrow (if UPS delivers).

I keep an L4 in my pocket and have switched to the PILA rechargeables for that so I feel no guilt about using it.

If your bandwidth is high enough, you might want to look at http://www.richardhess.com/cpf/shootout1.jpg to see how well the TL-3 does against other lights. You've got yourself a real winner there.

Happy Holidays and please stay safe,

Richard

StevieRay

Enlightened

Richard,

EXCELLENT collection.
I too love the L4 and i have a SL TL-3 coming today or tomorrow. Can't wait! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Greengoose,

God Bless you and your fellow troops, and THANK YOU for your service to our country!

Some suggestions:

You mention that you have a jeep, so I would STRONGLY suggest a Heavy duty, LEO Quality, rechargeable, light, if you use your light for intermittent use throughout the night.

Why? Because you use it, then put it back in the recharger, use it, rest it in the recharger. It is ALWAYS at it's at it's fullest charge.

Streamlight Stinger HP (and HP XT), Streamlight UltraStinger, SL-20X and SL-35X, MagCharger (yes, the mag charger!), SureFire Rechargables, and Tigerlight are all lights to consider.

They are all good lights. The Stinger HP is a real nice comprimise between brightness, and light weight.

If you are in a jeep, consider getting one of those 2 million CandlePower lights that plug into your cigarette socket, they are usually very cheap and lightweight, but need to be plugged in. Rechargable versions are also available for about 40 bucks. My favorite is the Optronics 2 mil CP spotlight. Puts out a HUGE WIDE VERY WHITE light that will blow away ANY flashlight.

Streamlight is also known for making rugged bulbs. While they are a bulb light, they are very rugged, and LEO's use them.

Another excellent light is the Streamlight TL-3 LED a 5 watt LED:
STR88103.jpg

Brightguy.com listing of the Streamlight TL-3 LED

Someone suggested a CMG Infinity Ultra, and I have one of those and it is a very nice, reliable light, but I like my ARC AA a little better.

ARC Flashlights

Matter of fact, Peter is selling a ARC LSL first for 59.99 or something like that ARC LSL "FIRST" on SALE!!! GREAT PRICE!

This is the light that you want in your pocket all the time, or as we say EDC.

God Bless!

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello Bryan,

I just wanted to jump in and thank you and the others with you for your efforts. I sleep better an night knowing that you are helping keep our country safe.

Thank you and welcome to the CPF family.

If you need something, run it by us and we will see what we can do.

Tom

paulr

Flashaholic

Budd, Arc is unfortunately sold out of the low cost LSL's.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bryan,
Those EverLEDs cost a few coins, eh? As you say, a rich man can go broke hanging around a place like this! If I had to pick between an EverLEDs or Elektrolumens Anglelux...I would go for the Anglelux. The Fraen optics and higher binned Luxeons help there. If they are still available, I would get one of those. I was pointing out that the EverLEDs are available in red if you need that color. The other interesting thing is you can change the LEDs to change the colors of the light without using filters. You would have the most wazoo Anglehead in Iraq.
A friend of mine is going to Columbia next month, I will be getting him a CMG Infinity Ultra AA with a lanyard. It would be a good idea to throw in an 8-pack of AA batteries to tide him over.
Keep us posted on how all this works out and keep breathing.

paulr

Flashaholic

Bent, what do you think of the Anglelux vs. the Blaster 1R? That's the one I've never understood.

batterystation

Enlightened

Bryan, aka Greengoose,
Since my post, I have been contacted by a few awesome CPF members to throw a few more bucks in the box headed your way on Monday from here. My flashlight assortment here is limited, but I already have an Infinity Ultra in the box along with a pile of CR123 batteries. I am adding a few other odds and ends and am open to ideas from fellow members. (Pelican, Tektite, CMG?) Thought maybe a AA Reactor also. CPF is the greatest place in the world for patriotic down to earth hard working generous people. Should any more of you wish to donate toward this box, it leaves here Monday right after lunch.
Thanks again for your service to our country.

paulr

Flashaholic

The 2AA Reactor really needs L91 lithium cells, kind of a dumb design if you ask me. You can't go wrong with the Infinity or Infinity Ultra.

See also http://www.anysoldier.us for a group of soldiers over there who are helping gather and distribute stuff.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 1st post: Just got my TL-3 here in IRAQ. Thank God

Bryan,

What type of lights do you need? I assume that runtime would be essential, but what type of brightness do you need? What size are you looking for and also what battery size is the best for you?

CPF SPONSORS: It seems Batterystation has stepped up to the plate, by helping with a box of goodies for Bryan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif So where is your holiday spirit? Where's the patriotism and flashaholism I know all of you have? Here's your chance to show it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

Anglelux has been taken care of. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gifHo, Ho, Ho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

batterystation

Enlightened

I don't guess it is a box anymore but rather a crate here. This is what CPF does best.
You guys are too much. WOW!!! I will ship this on Monday. Just keep adding to the box.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Way to go CPFers, and thanks Kevin for arranging this. Paypal on the way.

BC

solo73

Newly Enlightened

bryan,
i am here in iraq also. i id the same thing you did. my surefire bulb blew on 5 sets of batteries. if you have a commo dude with you, ask him for the 3v hub batteries for the singars. they are not as good as surefire batteries but the work for the tl-3. i ordered the tl-3 and am very impressed with that light. i also had some questions about a patrol light cause we patrol the streets in bagdad everynight. after alot of suggestions and research i decided on a streamlight stinger xt/hp. let me tell you, this thing is awesome. it is smaller and lighter than a 2d cell maglight. and the beam, you can spot a long ways. after our first sergeant went on qrf with us and i used it he is getting one for each section. it is rechargable. i purchased a piggyback quick charger and some extra bulbs for both of my ne streamlights. but if you have a power source whrer you can keep something recharged get the stinger xt/hp. i founf brightguy.com to have the best price. it only took 1 week to mail from i think ohio in the states. keep your head down and stay safe. send a note to my cpf name for any thing.

sgt gary grubb
us army

paulr

Flashaholic

Kevin (batterystation) sells 1/2 SC NiMH cells (1300 mAH) for something like $4 each. It occurs to me maybe he can make a pack of five of them to fit in the Stinger XT/HP so you would then use an Ultrastinger bulb and get even more power. Runtime would be somewhat less, 40 minutes or so instead of 60 minutes.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Its things like this that show the kind of people we have here on CPF. You guys are awesome, thanks Kevin and whoever donated! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

solo73

Newly Enlightened

i also forgot to add something about the surefire vs streamlight. the p60 bulb is around 18.00, the tl-3 bulbs are about 5 bucks. easy to do the math. i bought my tl-3 to replace my surefire just for that reason. the guys at brightguy.com were great with everything. they even helped me get a 220v plug for my stinger that i ordered for here in iraq. it too 7 days to reach us here in baghdad fom the day they sent me the email for shipping.

batterystation

Enlightened

YOU CPFers have some nice things going in the box. I want to make sure credit goes where credit is due. YOU guys are great! Thanks Australia! Someone PM me regarding an Infinity LED color in addition to white. OR Greengoose, what other LED color would be useful? I do not have any Streamlights here, but what about the Pelican M6? Not rechargeable, but batteries are common and lamps are cheap.

Super Sabre in the box already.

Status
Not open for further replies.