Opinions wanted... Who has the better UI, RDS Clicky or Zebralight?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
(just out of curiosity) Can a regular hds clicky be programmed as a single mode only, where nothing else you do, turning it off & on too fast, or holding it down too long, will result in any other brightness than the single level you have programmed (outside of whatever sequence is required to enter the programming menu)?

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure. You can program all four presets to the same brightness if need be but why would you do that? Wouldn't you be better off buying a light with only one output?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't you be better off buying a light with only one output?

Much better off, they're just getting more & more rare lately. I have to consider lights that I can make single modes in a sense- click on/off & twist head (not selector ring) for hi/lo (where keeping the head tightened essentially renders it a single mode); and programmable lights whose menu entry requires a more complex sequence than I could ever accidentally stumble upon.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Much better off, they're just getting more & more rare lately. I have to consider lights that I can make single modes in a sense- click on/off & twist head (not selector ring) for hi/lo (where keeping the head tightened essentially renders it a single mode); and programmable lights whose menu entry requires a more complex sequence than I could ever accidentally stumble upon.
Malkoff drop-in with SF host comes to mind. I love my 6P with M61w. You could also run the M31 in the VME head on E1 body if you want smaller, but you probably know that.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
'
Malkoff drop-in with SF host comes to mind. I love my 6P with M61w. You could also run the M31 in the VME head on E1 body if you want smaller, but you probably know that.

Yeah that's what's in my pocket now. A 1xAA version of it would be ideal. Wouldn't even need to be that much smaller (vme head is great, but tried it & it's not for me).

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO HDS Systems has best UI available but.... I plan on buying Zebralight SC600W ASAP, I haven't seen anything else like it...

Last edited: