Options for 1- AA light

Walt175

Enlightened
I would also suggest :

Dae's Ultrafire WF-602A - 1W, similar performance to Fenix L1, tailstands, plastic lens, aluminum reflector - $18.50 shipped

I have 1 and for the price you can't go wrong!

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
AFAustin said:
I was under the impression Peak would only sell the Pacific with the AAA body, plus addl. bodies as an option. Good to know they'll sell it with only the AA body.

Yeah I made sure to email them about this first. I ordered 2 Pacifics with the AA body. But on the order form and confirmation email it still said "1w Pacific AAA". When I called them they assured me that the lights shipped with the AA bodies, and sure enough that's what came in the mail. Ordering the Pacific with the AA body instead of the AAA body didn't cost extra. You can even mix & match the different metals they offer, e.g.- an Alumminum head with a stainless steel body, and a brass tailcap (for key chain models). They can do other custom orders, which might cost extra depending on what you want.
Sorry to get off topic!

JJohn, would your family member consider a 2AA light? Maybe you can get him a 1AAA light as a back-up.

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
Small correction, jsr, the L1T is a 3W LED (that's what it says on the AA body). But I'm using the cr123 body from 4sevens (I soldered 18ga solid Cu wire to PCB to have working 2 levels) and rcr123. My L2P is using the L1T's AA body and is running on 14500.

Fenix-Store.com has the L2P, and it includes the L1P body (1-AA), for $42 - just another option.

I like BAAB's idea, give the Ion back and buy him rechargables and the charger.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see Maglite come out with a 1 watt Lux in a body just like the solitaire but 1xAA sized instead with some reflector improvements.

I'd buy a freaking case of them.