Orb Ns any thoughts??

LawLight

Enlightened
Tritium said:
I don't know about the K2 but the U bin lux 3 is very good. All the K2's I have are U bin as well but in this application I would bet that the U-bin Lux III may beat the U-bin K2. My boards were shipped a couple of days ago. I will test a K2 when I get them and post results here.

Thurmond

Tritium:

Many thanks. I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Law

Tritium

Enlightened
Isak Hawk said:
Tritium is hamless. The radiation can't even go through the little glass vial. Even if one were to break a vial and inhale all the tritium gas that would only be about as much radiation as you get from a dental x-ray (of course, I also only read that somewhere :) ).

I tested the Tritium on mine with my gieger counter. Barely above background unlike the source attached to the counter which is about .02mr/hr.

Thurmond

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tritium said:
I tested the Tritium on mine with my gieger counter. Barely above background unlike the source attached to the counter which is about .02mr/hr.

Thurmond
what does that mean??

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one with a tritium and sold it; it's a very nice, very white light; however I prefer the CR2 Ion (havea Ti and a "maroon" one of a kind), for one hand use (knurling) and the flood beam is everything I want in a light.

I have "fat" fingers and small hands..........others may Orb much easier!

Just my pennies worth and not worth that either:)

jeffb

JeffN

Enlightened
I've got an NS with a U-bin -- it's a gem. It's a kick to get that much light out of something smaller than my thumb. As others have said, you can't beat it for "Wow" factor.

TwoKidsNoTime

Newly Enlightened
Although I only have the Raw 3W (2 stage), I would say get the HDS U60 (I have both). The Raw is way cool...really blows away the friends when they see the output vs. size. But, if this is going to be your EDC, the U60 is the way to go...built like a tank, 4 brightness level (vs 2), clickie, full regulation, etc.

lightrod

Enlightened
Concept - definitely not a popular cell but I do see them now offered by Lighthound as well as Seriouslights (may be others). A primary cell is offered by Saft for impressively long life but at much lower output than the rechargebales.

I am not too worried about this as the cell came before the light and are apparently used in other applications, so they should be available regardless. But not at the local Walmart for sure! I just got a few extra just to be sure I am not without if/when I take time to hunt for more....(each cell should last for many many charges)