OSTS TN31mb Monster Thrower

Custom

Newly Enlightened
stuck between DEFT-X and TN31mb! what does a guy have to do for beamshots?

would love to see either next to a light that i've seen in person (stock SR90, TK70, DBS-T aspheric)

Ragnar66

Enlightened

would love to see either next to a light that i've seen in person (stock SR90, TK70, DBS-T aspheric)

The obvious answer is buy both. Once the deftx starts shipping I'm sure there will be lots of comparisons......and Michael is busy building im sure.....

Custom

Newly Enlightened
lol, well if i knew what the X looked like next to my DBS (ie size in hand, beam size on target, intensity) it may take my DBS' place. and yes, i could also see the TN31mb replacing my M3C4 single XML.

not doubting, just need to see side by sides instead of numbers. :grin2:

hahoo

Enlightened

you will have to give up your first born here to get beamshots......

TEEJ

Flashaholic

I have an SR90, TK70, Deerelight Aspheric and have the TN31mb and the DeftX on the way.

I'll definitely do some beam shots and so forth when I have them in hand, and, its a bit warmer outside than the single digits temps I have now.

:D

Last edited:

Custom

Newly Enlightened
first born! i can't wait 9 months... lol

yessss :thumbsup: can always count on TEEJ.. can't wait! (i bet you can't either)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
according to my tracking number my tn31mb will be here tomorrow.

im already cycling 3 aw 3100s ive had sitting @3.6v for about 2 months on the hobby charger now :)

CouldUseALight

Newly Enlightened
If anyone in D/FW texas area needs an old school-OSTS TN31 for beamshot comparisons, PM me.

HINT HINT lol

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone in D/FW texas area needs an old school-OSTS TN31 for beamshot comparisons, PM me.

HINT HINT lol

You poking fun at me sir? :nana: I just got a first gen XML back from my uncle so I can take side by side shots of them now. Now to try and find the time to make it out there and get beamshots. :hairpull:Too...Much...Work :hairpull:

onthelake

Newly Enlightened
saabluster said:
You poking fun at me sir? :nana: I just got a first gen XML back from my uncle so I can take side by side shots of them now. Now to try and find the time to make it out there and get beamshots. :hairpull:Too...Much...Work :hairpull:

Thank you for all the time, effort and passion you put into making these lights for us that are afraid the dark. We really appreciate it.

Devildude

Enlightened
Well I have the TN31mb in hand, just wait for the sun to go down so I can take it out with its brother and see how far it goes. Funny thing is the fact that the serial numbers are only 1012 apart. Hopefully this calms the cravings for the Deft-X for a little while.

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
you will have to give up your first born here to get beamshots......

Not exactly... but I'M not 'giving up' my nads in single digit temperatures to do beamshot photos, either! I have a stock and TN31mb and plan on doing some comparisons once the wx here in WI warms up a bit. Apparently, none of the TN31mb owners so far live in warm climates.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not exactly... but I'M not 'giving up' my nads in single digit temperatures to do beamshot photos, either!

I gave up mine! actually its warmed up from 2 to almost 20 today! HEAT WAVE!

i just went outside to take a few quick shots… i live in a condo complex in an urban area… so theres a lot of ambient light…. and im using my droids camera phone…

this light has a LOT more spill that i had anticipated on turbo mode! and the hotspot- its like a ball of fire!

60' to the wall… its the only dark corner where i live lol… have to get to someplace darker for longer distance shots

about 75-80' to the trees above… the images are a tad underexposed due to all the parking lights

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine came, but there was no certificate with it?

:(

WHAT!:ohgeez: I shipped 8 lights and made cards for all 8. I don't have one here so the only thing I could imagine happened is that yours was rated the same as another one and I stuck two cards into one box. What I do is right after I test I stick a sticky note with the number on it to the box of the light tested. Then after all the cards are made I match up the appropriate card with the light. Like I said one box must have gotten two cards. Trying to remember of the top of my head what numbers were duplicated. I think 208 or 207 had multiple results. If this is indeed what happened then hopefully someone here will notice they have two cards and post and let us know. Then I can make you a new card and send it your way. Sorry about that. The last batch sent had a higher average than the one before it. Right around 405 if I remember correctly.