• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 9

Hey Dave,

I've got a fivemega 3P body bored out for either 16340 or an 18350 battery. looking for an XML drop in that will work with that combo, or what my options for drop ins might be with this host arrangement. As I understand it you have to adjust the reflector height to fit the five mega bodies.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul

Any of the XML tints can be had when using the 6 volt max driver. It will work fine with a single li ion but will NOT work with a single primary. If you choose not to use the XML then any of the XPG's will also work just choose the 6 volt option which again will work with any single li ion.
As for the five mega 3P any standard sized modules usually work fine it those as he did not offer a incan solution for those so a standard sized module will work fine.

A XML will be a hot little beast but will be very bright for a pocket host and can be had in 1 / 2 / 3 / or 5 levels. I can also reduce the amperage a bit if you want a bit better runtime.

Thanks and have a great week

Dave

rkJr

Enlightened
Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 9

Hi Paul

Any of the XML tints can be had when using the 6 volt max driver. It will work fine with a single li ion but will NOT work with a single primary. If you choose not to use the XML then any of the XPG's will also work just choose the 6 volt option which again will work with any single li ion.
As for the five mega 3P any standard sized modules usually work fine it those as he did not offer a incan solution for those so a standard sized module will work fine.

A XML will be a hot little beast but will be very bright for a pocket host and can be had in 1 / 2 / 3 / or 5 levels. I can also reduce the amperage a bit if you want a bit better runtime.

Thanks and have a great week

Dave

Thanks, Dave.

How about XML U2, 2 level Hi/Lo regulated, 2.8A for slightly better run time? was going to use the IMR 18350 batteries with this. Is that doable and if so, cost?

Thanks,

Paul

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, Dave.

How about XML U2, 2 level Hi/Lo regulated, 2.8A for slightly better run time? was going to use the IMR 18350 batteries with this. Is that doable and if so, cost?

Thanks,

Paul

HI Paul

Yes IMR's are fine as these are regulated so the driver sets the amperage. Li ion or IMR which ever you have is fine. Cost is $40 unpotted or $45 for a potted version, shipping is included in the US

Thanks

Dave

TheCleanerSD

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Dave,

Got my third P60 module today, and as expected, it is great. I am actually going to pick up another host (or two) because of your drop-ins. Keep up the good work!

shilent

Newly Enlightened
Cree XM-L $40
U2 flux bin 1C 6500k+ Cool White
3 level Low / Med / High Regulated
2.8-6 volts
3.5 Amp
Potted + copper tape $5
OP Reflector

$45 Paypal sent

Freaker

Newly Enlightened

Can your XRE optic modules work in a Surefire GZ2? The nitrolon version that won't absorb and dissipate heat. I'll want to run it on RCR123A's. How many lumens is high? Runtime?

Last edited:

rkJr

Enlightened

I'd go with potted option. Just thought of this but will your drop in fit in a standard surefire 3P head? If not can you recommend a head that will fit your drop in?
Thanks,
Paul

HI Paul

Yes IMR's are fine as these are regulated so the driver sets the amperage. Li ion or IMR which ever you have is fine. Cost is $40 unpotted or $45 for a potted version, shipping is included in the US

Thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd go with potted option. Just thought of this but will your drop in fit in a standard surefire 3P head? If not can you recommend a head that will fit your drop in?
Thanks,
Paul

Hi
If it is a standard surefire head such as on a 6P yes it will fit. Now will you have to trim the outer spring to get the head to close all the way, possibly. There are too many host and lamphead possibilities for me to try to trim for individual hosts but if the lamp head doesn't want to close all the way then please DONT force it as it is easy to trim the spring with a pair of wire cutters and then the lamp head will close.

Dave

rkJr

Enlightened

It's the original head that comes on the 3P (Yea, I still have the original). Is there a guide to how far back to cut the spring?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can your XRE optic modules work in a Surefire GZ2? The nitrolon version that won't absorb and dissipate heat. I'll want to run it on RCR123A's. How many lumens is high? Runtime?

Hi

If it takes standard P60 style modules and it should then yes. Make sure you like the look of a optic as it will not magnify the beam much over a reflector, it does give a smooth tight beam if you like the look of optics much like surefire uses.

I don't keep runtimes as conditions of batts and different brands of batts are different mah plus each host and switch can have large differences in resistance. I would use the 1.2 amp version and not any higher amperage since you have the poly version. Lumens should be around 280 or 290

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's the original head that comes on the 3P (Yea, I still have the original). Is there a guide to how far back to cut the spring?

Hi

Try it with a whole one and if it won't close with moderate pressure then start cutting a ring at a time. 6p's and C2's take only about 1 or 2 rings but all hosts are a bit different and I am don't remember where FM's come in at. Solarforce takes whole springs so you can see it is just a try and see.

Dave

rkJr

Enlightened

Got it. Will try that. just sent PP funds for:

Order:

Cree XM-L $40
U2 flux bin 1C 6500k+ Cool White
2 level High/ Low Regulated
2.8-6 volts
2.8 Amp
Potted + copper tape $5
Smooth Reflector

$46.80 Paypal sent

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave, :paypal:
Ordering 2 x P60 XM-L modules, identical:
2.8 amp, 3.4 - 6 volts,
3 level Low / Med / High Regulated with memory
T50 flux Bin 4C 4300K neutral white
Potted w/tape
OP reflector
total $90
I'll be using these in Solarforce L2P and bored 6P hosts on 1x18650.
Thanks

Last edited:

jamesavery22

Newly Enlightened

Re:Luminus SST-50 - 2.8-6volts direct drive - 1 Level direct drive

What cells are acceptable in these voltage ranges? One 18650, two CR123's, and two RCR123's? Guessing the two RCR123's would be too high on voltage?

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened

Am I the only one that can't access the first page of this topic? I can access all but the first page for some reason. :(

OneBigDay

Enlightened

:paypal:

(1) Cree XM-L
T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white
3 level / 2.8 amp /3.4 - 9 volts (high / med / low with memory ) NEW!!! $45 Best used with 2X Li ion or 2X primaries
OP Reflector
Potting with copper tape $5

I've got an FM 2x26650 host that has been sitting with a cheese ball dropin, time for a proper light engine. I forgot to specify 2.8 amps in my PayPal notes, but I believe that is the only available amperage for this driver anyway so hopefully this is ok.

As usual Dave thanks for offering such a wide variety of great custom products and options!

thekwyjibo

Newly Enlightened

Am I the only one that can't access the first page of this topic? I can access all but the first page for some reason. :(

I can get there, that said there were some database errors on the forum, Greta was working on it this morning, I suspect you were seeing that.

Last edited:

SOcalsurferx

Newly Enlightened

Dave-

Paypal Sent for :

1 Cree XM-L P60 Drop-in
T50 Flux Bin 4300K
1 Level regulated - 2.8 Amp
Thermally potted
Smooth Reflector.

$45 Dollars sent via Paypal

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Re:Luminus SST-50 - 2.8-6volts direct drive - 1 Level direct drive

What cells are acceptable in these voltage ranges? One 18650, two CR123's, and two RCR123's? Guessing the two RCR123's would be too high on voltage?

Hi

I would suggest only a single 18650, either Li ion or IMR should be fine. They will probably work with 2X primaries but you will be drawing more amps than suggested for primaries. A SST 50 is rated at 5 amps and will take all it can draw and I hate to go much past 2.8 amps or so for primaries.

2XLI Ions is definately a NO GO for direct drive, it would be very bright for about 3 seconds

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have not been able to access it at all the last day or so a but seems OK now.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.