• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper715

Enlightened
Paypal has been sent. I screwed up and left a letter out of your email address and just found out. All should be good now. Thanks!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, Dave.
A little while ago I had contacted you on CPF regarding Wolf-Eyes lamp assembly upgrade. Results of that project were quite pleasing - I am using it every day for night walks with dog. I am wondering if you could do one more. This time I am thinking about XM-L T50 emitter. Since XM-L has much larger die and driven at 2.8A, I need to ask you if it feasible to fit it and driver into WE drop-in and also keep heat management under control on high levels(planning to use thermal potting to dissipate heat through side walls of drop-in housing).
If XM-L emitter not a feasible solution, I would go for XP-G again.

Thanks in advance,
Eugene.

HI

I would think that it would not be a problem as long as you have a core to send to be modified. You do need to look and see if having components on the bottom of the driver will interfere with the host making contact but I doubt it will. If you think it will then we would have to go to a 2 / 5 level 2.6 amp version that doesn't have components on the bottom of the drivers.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nailbender,

I am looking at purchasing one of your drop ins. I am looking for the most possible throw so I believe from what I have read here on this fine forum that the XRE would be the best bet can you make me one of these with only 1 mode also would a smooth reflector give a longer throw or is your OP reflector the best for the job? Thanks for your time

Sarge

Hi

Most consider the XRE to have the most throw, it is the narrowest viewing angles of the Cree emitters. The smooth is not a problem as long as you realize that most all Crees have rings when coupled with a smooth reflector. I can focus so it has a good hot spot but it will have some outer rings that are seldom noticeable except when wall hunting.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I'm intereted in T40 flux bin 5B3 neutral White & T30 flux bin E7 3000K Warm White as well.
Can you tell about its tint or show beamshot?
Anybody can show the beamshot?

Thanks,

Hi

As I said about a page ago, the 4000k is very close to the XPG 4000k 5B2 that has been popular with members, it is more neutral as you would imagine than the 4500k you received since it is closer to a daylight white. The 3000k is much like the 3000k XPG 7A2 or 7A3 of which they are a good substitute tint wise for a Surefire incan.

Dave

Last edited:

PT1764

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Dave. I still have your address on package from first WE mod.
Will ship it to you and will make decision regarding driver.

Regards,
Eugene.

Jaybee64

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I have had members use either a R2 XRE which is the narrowest beam or I have also had R5 XPG's ( more spill )when ordered to use with Ahortons aspherics. I do not own this set up but they have all seemed satisfied for purpose they were using.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Thanks for your advice.

I'll order then: -

An R2 XRE - cool white single (high) mode ($37)
No reflector
Thermal potting ($5)
International shipping ($5)

Total: $47 +4%

Paypal on its way.

Thanks,

JB

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened
Payment sent for: (1)

Cree XP-G
1 Level 4-14 volts / 1.4 amp (single mode is what I'm looking for? Will be using this with 2 CR123A, will this work?)
Q23000K 7A3 (90 minimum CRI) NEW
OP reflector
Thermal Potting

Last edited:

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

As I said about a page ago, the 4000k is very close to the XPG 4000k 5B2 that has been popular with members, it is more neutral as you would imagine than the 4500k you received since it is closer to a daylight white. The 3000k is much like the 3000k XPG 7A2 or 7A3 of which they are a good substitute tint wise for a Surefire incan.

Dave

Dear Dave,

Many thanks for your reply, I have one more question.
I'd prefer XM-L T40 5B3 neutral white but can't peak between 2.8A and 3.1A driver.
Could you let me know the current value of low, med. level in 2.8A & 3.1A module respectively?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

mikeyx

Enlightened
Dave,

I'd like to order:

Cree XM-L for a SolarForce L2
T30 flux bin E7 3000K Warm White
OP reflector
2 level Hi / Low Regulated
2.8 amps
Thermal Potting

PayPal on the way.

Thanks,
Mike

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear Dave,

Many thanks for your reply, I have one more question.
I'd prefer XM-L T40 5B3 neutral white but can't peak between 2.8A and 3.1A driver.
Could you let me know the current value of low, med. level in 2.8A & 3.1A module respectively?

Thanks for your time.

HI

It doesn't matter if it is 2.8 or 3.1 amps the levels are 100% / 40% / 5%

Dave

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I'd take the following :
- Cree XM-L T40 Flux Bin 5B3 Tint 4000K Neutral White
- 3 level Hi / Med. / Low 3.1A (Regulated with memory)
- LOP reflector : $40
- Thermal Potting : $5
- Int. Shipping : $5
- Credit card add. : $2
- To be put in a Solarforce L2X with 1x18650

[FONT=바탕]Total paid by PayPal : $52
[/FONT]

Last edited:

ah-see

Newly Enlightened
Hi David,

I would like:
$40-Cree XML T50 flux Bin E4 4500K neutral white
-3 level Low / Med / High
-2.8A regulated
-OP reflector
$5-Potting with tape
$5-International 1st class mail
$2-Credit card

$52 total

For use in solarforce L2P with 1x18650

Last edited:

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I'd like to know if I need to remove white labels on the outside of the module housing(XM-L)

for the thermal potting tape? Otherwise do I need to attach it to the outside of the housing just as it is? :shrug:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I'd like to know if I need to remove white labels on the outside of the module housing(XM-L)

for the thermal potting tape? Otherwise do I need to attach it to the outside of the housing just as it is? :shrug:

Hi

Yes you need to remove the label to put the copper tape on the reflector. Usually it tells you this on the second label located on the mailing tube.

Dave

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually it tells you this on the second label located on the mailing tube.

Dave

Thanks for your reply.

I think that "Thermally Potted" on the plastic mailing tube means adding thermal epoxy to the inside pill cavity.

For maximum cooling, we need maximum contact between drop-in module and host using the copper tape. :thumbsup:

KyeongHo

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your reply.

I think that "Thermally Potted" on the plastic mailing tube means adding thermal epoxy to the inside pill cavity.

For maximum cooling, we need maximum contact between drop-in module and host using the copper tape. :thumbsup:

KyeongHo

LOL I guess you don't think I know how these work huh!

You may not have had the following statement on your tube but most of the mailing tubes state on the SECOND back label the following · [FONT=&quot]Please remove label before applying copper tape when copper tape option is chosen[/FONT]

Now yours may have been an old label but all the new ones state the above which is what I was implying to as I already knew the difference between what he potting does and what the tape was for which is why I purchase tape with conductive adhesive.:)

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.