• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / NICHIA 92CRI (part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave! I want a module with a Cree XLamp MT-G2. I know they're not shipping yet but I also know you routinely do miracles. 4500K please.

Hi
you are correct as they don't even have a binning chart yet. I hope you have looked at the specs since the emitter is 9MM X9MM and is 25WATTS. This is a huge high powered EZ-white emitter. Once out we will look into it but I am sure it will take a special MCPCB mounting board.

Dave

rwollman

Newly Enlightened
i would like to buy a xml module for a surefire 6p. neutral white with 2 modes. I'm using it with a 2900mah 18650 and with 2 cr123's also. i'm not sure which one to order. I'm looking for the best throwing module with the most lumens you can make. Thanks

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would like to buy a xml module for a surefire 6p. neutral white with 2 modes. I'm using it with a 2900mah 18650 and with 2 cr123's also. i'm not sure which one to order. I'm looking for the best throwing module with the most lumens you can make. Thanks

Hi

Since you are only using a single li ion or 2XCR123 primaries you need to choose a 6 volt max driver, the brightest will be a U2 flux coolwhite XML with a smooth reflector as they give the best throw. Since you may be using primaries you should not go over the standard 2.8 amp module.

Shipping is included in the US.

thanks

Dave

PS if you have more questions answers may be delayed a bit as I am out of town until monday as posted a couple of posts back. Feel free to order if wanted and I will have it shipped by Tues. at the latest.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

Since you are only using a single li ion or 2XCR123 primaries you need to choose a 6 volt max driver, the brightest will be a U2 flux coolwhite XML with a smooth reflector as they give the best throw. Since you may be using primaries you should not go over the standard 2.8 amp module.

thanks

Dave

PS if you have more questions answers may be delayed a bit as I am out of town until monday as posted a couple of posts back. Feel free to order if wanted and I will have it shipped by Tues. at the latest.

rwollman

Newly Enlightened
I don't know how to order and I can't seem to pm you due to account restrictions. can you pm me and i'll give you my email address for the invoice?

Hi

thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how to order and I can't seem to pm you due to account restrictions. can you pm me and i'll give you my email address for the invoice?

Hi

No it will take one more PM I think for the mods to vet you and i put my PP addy in my bio so it takes a vetted member sorry, since you don't have that 3rd post I can't PM you either.

Here is my PP addy please put CPF nickname and what ordered in PP notes. sales at customlites.com you know what to replace in the addy to make it work.

Thanks

Dave

Last edited:

rwollman

Newly Enlightened
Hello again,
are the dropins at customlite inc your dropins and do they come potted with tape also? I'm very new here so excuse my ignorance.

KrisP

Enlightened
Hi Dave,

PayPal sent for a Nichia 219 4500k 92CRI neutral
3 level high / med / low 2.8-6 volts with memory / 1.4 amp
OP Reflector / potted
International postage

Transaction ID: 8BY188119J536864E

Thank You,

Kris.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

PayPal sent for a Nichia 219 4500k 92CRI neutral
OP Reflector / potted
International postage

Hi

Thanks for the order, don't forget as posted above it will be first of the week before I can get back to the shop to start shipping as I am out of town.

Have a great weekend

Dave

Transaction ID: 8BY188119J536864E

Thank You,

Kris.

rwollman

Newly Enlightened
Ok, i bought the one you suggested thru customlites inc and paid with paypay. Thanks

hjdca

Newly Enlightened
I have an old surefire U2 with a Luxeon V, 5 watt led.. Will one of these P60 modules "drop in" to this light? If so, which one will give the best output, with the least amount of modification, no mods to the reflector, etc... Thanks for any input..

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an old surefire U2 with a Luxeon V, 5 watt led.. Will one of these P60 modules "drop in" to this light? If so, which one will give the best output, with the least amount of modification, no mods to the reflector, etc... Thanks for any input..

Hi

I am sorry but P60 modules do not fit in a U2, there are a few folks on the forum that do mod them such as Milky but drop in modules do not work.

Sorry

Dave

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Hi Dave, I am going to go ahead and pp you for an IR p60 module. After that PM, I think I'll just go ahead with the 850nm one for now.

PP Sent.
-Pete

Hi Dave, I just wanted to say thanks for the 3-mode 950nm IR pill you made up for me back in April. I especially wanted to thank you for the hoops you had to jump through in order to get me that particular 950nm emitter in the time frame I needed - Thanks again!

After a few months use, I can report that it works well above my expectations. It is VERY bright under NODs and has, for all intents and purposes, no glow.

On low, there is no glow. Period. On med, I can see a faint glow only when directly looking into the reflector from arms length in a zero lume environment. On Hi, the glow is faint, but bright enough to be seen from off-set angles to the light. On hi, it is faintly visible in a ZERO lume environment from across a room (5-10' or so) but not visible enough to actually catch a spill reflection off of - it is still FAR dimmer than a red trit tube in a watch for example. It is FAR dimmer, even on high, than even the dimmest little red electronics indicator led.

The three modes are very useful levels. Also, the pill does in fact fit a Pelican PM6 3320 (the aluminum 2 cell CR123 one similar to an SF P6), it does not, however, fit the M6 Polymer 3330.

I also wanted to say thanks for the quick shipping and great communication. I'll be more than happy to buy from you again and recommend your work to friends.
-Peter

bobjane

Enlightened
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

I'd like the following,

Nichia 4500k 92CRI neutral $35
Potting $5
International shipping $5

Paypal incoming.

Edit: not sure if there's a choice of smooth or OP reflector for the Nichia but OP is preferred.

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd like the following,

Nichia 4500k 92CRI neutral $35
Potting $5
International shipping $5

Paypal incoming.

Edit: not sure if there's a choice of smooth or OP reflector for the Nichia but OP is preferred.

Hi

No problem these look absolutely great in some new op reflectors made for this type emitter. I have just gotten back from out of town and have a few orders but it will ship in just a couple of days.

thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave, I just wanted to say thanks for the 3-mode 950nm IR pill you made up for me back in April. I especially wanted to thank you for the hoops you had to jump through in order to get me that particular 950nm emitter in the time frame I needed - Thanks again!

After a few months use, I can report that it works well above my expectations. It is VERY bright under NODs and has, for all intents and purposes, no glow.

On low, there is no glow. Period. On med, I can see a faint glow only when directly looking into the reflector from arms length in a zero lume environment. On Hi, the glow is faint, but bright enough to be seen from off-set angles to the light. On hi, it is faintly visible in a ZERO lume environment from across a room (5-10' or so) but not visible enough to actually catch a spill reflection off of - it is still FAR dimmer than a red trit tube in a watch for example. It is FAR dimmer, even on high, than even the dimmest little red electronics indicator led.

The three modes are very useful levels. Also, the pill does in fact fit a Pelican PM6 3320 (the aluminum 2 cell CR123 one similar to an SF P6), it does not, however, fit the M6 Polymer 3330.

I also wanted to say thanks for the quick shipping and great communication. I'll be more than happy to buy from you again and recommend your work to friends.
-Peter

Hi

I am glad it fit your purposes. Also a great review it should help many with questions on them.

Have a good week

Dave

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

-Peter
That's awesome!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

nb, could i have done a nichia linger special at 3.1 amps? i ask because the linger xpg sections says drive levels are the same as XMLs.

i'm asking out of curiosity though, i'm extremely happy with my 2.8 amp dual 219 B10 Nichia :D

edit: how about 4.2 amps? that'd be too much for the 219s to handle, am i right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts