• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-XML-U3 / NICHIA 92CRI PART 11

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-XPG-2-XML-U3 / NICHIA 92CRI

hi dave

i'm looking to host this in a solarforce l2p, how best to power it please?
i would be looking for op reflector left loose and int. shipping... $45 total?

thx

nobby

HI

If using a L2P I would use a 1X18650 setup so choose the 2.8-6 volt version. This is the most efficient set up.

Price for module is $35 and $5 for 1st class Int.

Dave

nobbybonez

Newly Enlightened
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-XPG-2-XML-U3 / NICHIA 92CRI

HI

If using a L2P I would use a 1X18650 setup so choose the 2.8-6 volt version. This is the most efficient set up.

Price for module is $35 and $5 for 1st class Int.

Dave

black oslon ir,
2.8-6v,
3 mode.
OP reflector, do not threadlock please
int shipping
$40 sent
pp id ID3R61661453190230D

thankyou

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

black oslon ir,
2.8-6v,
3 mode.
OP reflector, do not threadlock please
int shipping
$40 sent
pp id ID3R61661453190230D

thankyou

Hi

Got it will ship first of the week.

For anymore of these ordered they are $40 not $35 as I looked at the invoice wrong and the are much more expensive than my XML's.

Dave

nobbybonez

Newly Enlightened

Hi

For anymore of these ordered they are $40 not $35 as I looked at the invoice wrong and the are much more expensive than my XML's.

Dave

thanks for confirming receipt and honoring price quoted.
don't leave yourself out of pocket, let me know if you need five dollah ;)

will report back with my findings for you, i'm sure a few more people will be wanting these...

nobby

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

will report back with my findings for you, i'm sure a few more people will be wanting these...

nobby

Hi

LOL no my mistake just don't want to make it twice.

Dave

Some bloke

Newly Enlightened

Hi

Dave

In the time it's taken to arrange the supply of these my needs have changed in that I currently need little or no IR illumination for my shooting rig. That's not a dig by the way Dave, it's just that I have made a dedicated NV rig in that time rather than an add-on one which needs stacks of IR compared to the one I have made.

I may well decide to use an add-on rig again in the future and will wait until I have heard back from Nobbybonez with regard to the comparison between the Dragon IR you previously made for him and this new Oslon black one.

This will be gobbledegook to some people reading it but an add-on NVD is added behind a day-scope, which has lens filters optimised for daytime wavelengths. Thus they filter out a lot of night time wavelength light. The rig I have made does away with the day-scope so my ikkle ebay special 1w 850nm drop-in IR module is more than enough for that rig.

Looking forwards to your report on the NV shooting forums nobby. :)

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

nobby

Hi

Module shipped today

Dave

wertzius

Newly Enlightened

Hi,i orderedLuminus SSt-90 RED LEDsmooth reflector3 Amps 5 Modes Driver (1% - 5% - 25%-40% - 100%)int. shipping to GermanyPaypal sent. 3PY65416F0706912EHave a nice weekend!

Red-T

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

I would like a

P60 IR:
Black Oslon IR,
2.8-6v,
1 level
OP reflector
potting
$45 + Intl shipping $5
PP sent 39H32575EE729980A

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,i orderedLuminus SSt-90 RED LEDsmooth reflector3 Amps 5 Modes Driver (1% - 5% - 25%-40% - 100%)int. shipping to GermanyPaypal sent. 3PY65416F0706912EHave a nice weekend!

Hi Dave,

I would like a

P60 IR:
Black Oslon IR,
2.8-6v,
1 level
OP reflector
potting
$45 + Intl shipping $5
PP sent 39H32575EE729980A

Hi

Both shipped

thanks

Dave

bxstylez

Enlightened
:paypal:

NICHIA 4500k 92CRI neutral -- 3 level (1.7 amp) SMOOTH reflector --- it'll go into a SF 6P host driven by 1x 18650 cell

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
HI

Well just remember that if the li ions are 1100 mah that is what you need to figure runtime with since running li ions in series only adds voltage not capacity. So if you are running a XML @2.2 amps you will get 30 minutes runtime, where as you would get about 80 minutes with the nichia since most AA NIMH are around 2200 mah.

Now another route might be to order a solarforce P1 emergency yellow host from my site and use 18650's in it and get 2 to 3 times the runtime. The solarforce P1's are metal inner body with a fiberglass coating and I carry that host in olive and yellow. With this host you can carry a 5 level Nichia if wanted with moonlight.

Of course you may like the feel and length of a G3.

Dave

thanks NB! as a bit of an update, I found a fluorescent yellow G3 like I'd been searching for for a while now and I'll do what you seem to be leaning towards which is the 2x AA setup. thanks man. I'll order a low voltage setup asap from you when I can. It's low(er) priority right now though

i've still got a whole spreadsheet of p60 modules i wanna buy from you and it keeps getting longer with colored SST-90s, XM-L configs, etc. ;)

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
nailbender, I recently bought a 3-level MC-E (neutral Kbin 5B tint, the one you bored-out the XP-G reflector for) from CitizenInsane on CPFMP and it's absolutely amazing. this'll be a perfect "walking the dog at night" or "going for a run at night" light due to its excellent beam, tint, and most certainly, flood.

you did a phenomenal job with this! the deal was too good to pass up at CPFMP so I bought it secondhand (I had been planning on buying one from you for a while in neutral MC-E). good work man!

edit: by the way, is there much of a difference between ordering a module from you that's single-mode 3.5 Amps (XM-L specifically) versus buying a direct drive module? DD won't give much more current than around 3.5A if i remember correctly right? i know a non-DD 3.5A module would have a higher voltage range sorta (up to 6 volts, but one would be insane to put two CR123s on that though) and modes, right?

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
nailbender, I recently bought a 3-level MC-E (neutral Kbin 5B tint, the one you bored-out the XP-G reflector for) from CitizenInsane on CPFMP and it's absolutely amazing. this'll be a perfect "walking the dog at night" or "going for a run at night" light due to its excellent beam, tint, and most certainly, flood.

you did a phenomenal job with this! the deal was too good to pass up at CPFMP so I bought it secondhand (I had been planning on buying one from you for a while in neutral MC-E). good work man!

edit: by the way, is there much of a difference between ordering a module from you that's single-mode 3.5 Amps (XM-L specifically) versus buying a direct drive module? DD won't give much more current than around 3.5A if i remember correctly right? i know a non-DD 3.5A module would have a higher voltage range sorta (up to 6 volts, but one would be insane to put two CR123s on that though) and modes, right?

Hi

I am glad you like the MCE, I thought it came out well with little or no doughnut hole. It does make a good walking light as it is more floody although I have one in a larger reflector and am pleasantly pleased at how far they can throw.

Many primaries are only rated to 2.5 amps a few have gone to new PTC fuses that supposed are rated to 5 amps but I certainly don't recommend that. I have tested with primaries for shorter periods of time at 3 amps with no problems. 3.5 amps is getting a bit steep and certainly not with a DD as they will pretty much pull what the batteries will surrender.

The biggest difference between a 3.5 amp and a DD is that you can have levels if wanted also a regulated gives low voltage protection if not using protected batts.

Dave

SwatDude

Newly Enlightened
Dave,

Does the bike light on you website use a p60 drop-in? Can it be upgraded in the future?

Thanks,

Bryan

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

Does the bike light on you website use a p60 drop-in? Can it be upgraded in the future?

Thanks,

Bryan

Hi

No it doesn't take P60's.

As for upgrading, I have not taken one of those apart but I would think taking the stainless bezel ring and then the oringed reflector that it would expose the MCPCB. That is one of the few I have not taken apart.

Dave

LAB

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if you had any plans to make a P60 triple XPG sometime in the future?

Starlight

Enlightened
Paypal sent for: Please note 3.5 amps
Cree XM-L $40

U3 flux bin 1C 6500k+ Cool White

3 level - Low / Med / High Regulated (5%- 30%-100%)

6 volt Driver at 3.5 amps

Smooth reflector

SolarForce body