• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-XML-U3 / NICHIA 92CRI PART 11

Theocrat

Newly Enlightened
Dave, could you clarify the price of the Olson Black IR module shipped within the continental US in this configuration and I will paypal you the payment in a few days.

P60 Black Oslon 850nm IR,
2.8-6v,
1 level
OP reflector, do not threadlock please
potting

its going in an Ultrafire 502b

Thank you.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, could you clarify the price of the Olson Black IR module shipped within the continental US in this configuration and I will paypal you the payment in a few days.

P60 Black Oslon 850nm IR,
2.8-6v,
1 level
OP reflector, do not threadlock please
potting

its going in an Ultrafire 502b

Thank you.

Hi

$45 shipped

Dave

6010 nsk

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am wanting to build as big of thrower with a green led out of a sure fire 952. I ordered a streamlight super tac head for my reflector I have a SF P60L and G&B led drop in. What green led and battery combo do you suggest? I would like to use rechargeables. Long runtime not required. Thanks for any help. -A

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I am wanting to build as big of thrower with a green led out of a sure fire 952. I ordered a streamlight super tac head for my reflector I have a SF P60L and G&B led drop in. What green led and battery combo do you suggest? I would like to use rechargeables. Long runtime not required. Thanks for any help. -A

HI

I am a bit lost at what you want from me here, a 952 to my best recollection takes a D36 style module since most use a M3 style head. You also mention a streamlight that I did not know took a P60 style module in any model.

Are you just looking for a pill and you will be trying to match together. Not quite sure what you are after here.

Dave

6010 nsk

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I was not clear. My 952? uses p60 type pills. I think it has an m2 head.
I bought the streamlight head to adapt to it for throw since I played with one and was impressed with the throw. I want to make it green for hunting.

I was thinking i could mod one of the pills I have or if it is cheap enough to have you build me one then make the adapter for the streamlight head.

Clear as mud ? :)

Well I just went to your site and found a green one. What output can I expect from it ?

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry I was not clear. My 952? uses p60 type pills. I think it has an m2 head.
I bought the streamlight head to adapt to it for throw since I played with one and was impressed with the throw. I want to make it green for hunting.

I was thinking i could mod one of the pills I have or if it is cheap enough to have you build me one then make the adapter for the streamlight head.

Clear as mud ? :)

Well I just went to your site and found a green one. What output can I expect from it ?

Hi

Well mud has nothing to do with it. If your 952 takes a M2 head then a standard P60 module with reflector is what it will take providing you are using the shock material with it.

Now as for the streamlight as long as you can make it work is great with me but to my knowledge a P60 pill will not work as is with a streamlight lamphead. Now since I don't work with them since they don't use P60 modules I have not studied them as you must have.

I have a green XPE and a green XRE, both are quite bright. Since my calibrated sphere doesn't work with colored emitters I can not give a lumen count but the XRE will have the most throw. Both are quite bright but the XRE is about 90 degree's in beam width while the XPE is about 115 degrees.

Dave

leadsled9

Newly Enlightened
Dave, I'd like one drop in with the following specs:
PayPal Transaction ID: 9K79207618519091M

LED = XML U3 flux bin 1C 6500k+ Cool White
driver = 2.8-6 volt regulated; 1 mode; 2.7 amps max.
reflector = Smooth
Total $40
Will be run in bored Surefire C2's with 1X18650 or 2XCR123A primaries

SoSideways

Newly Enlightened
Oh snap! Cree just added the XM-L2 to their site! How soon do you think you'll be offering XM-L2 modules Nailbender Dave?

thejrod

Newly Enlightened
Good place to ask I hope...
I (well my wife for xmas) just ordered the P60 XML U3, 2.8-6v direct from your website. Any idea of brightness and runtime from 2 CR123s?
Thx.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good place to ask I hope...
I (well my wife for xmas) just ordered the P60 XML U3, 2.8-6v direct from your website. Any idea of brightness and runtime from 2 CR123s?
Thx.

Hi

Be careful running any module at 3 amps on CR123's, while some are rated that high many primaries are only rated to 2.5 amps. I have never had problems but I always want folks to be safe, many newer primaries have PTC fuses rated at up to 5 amps but not all primaries are this advanced.

I do not keep runtimes as there are WAY too many variables for me to do runtimes. A good way to do an estamated runtime is to take the mah of the battery and divide by the amperage. So it would be 3 amps divided into 1400 mah for most primaries or about 25 minutes or so on high.

Dave

thejrod

Newly Enlightened
Awesome, thanks. What do you recommend as the best battery set up in a solar force l2t with that module? Sounds like the panasonics in a 18650 is the best bet...

Last edited:

6010 nsk

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Well mud has nothing to do with it. If your 952 takes a M2 head then a standard P60 module with reflector is what it will take providing you are using the shock material with it.

Now as for the streamlight as long as you can make it work is great with me but to my knowledge a P60 pill will not work as is with a streamlight lamphead. Now since I don't work with them since they don't use P60 modules I have not studied them as you must have.

I have a green XPE and a green XRE, both are quite bright. Since my calibrated sphere doesn't work with colored emitters I can not give a lumen count but the XRE will have the most throw. Both are quite bright but the XRE is about 90 degree's in beam width while the XPE is about 115 degrees.

Dave

Thanks for the info. I am going to try and thread the outside of the M2 head and remove the lens to take the streamlight head/reflector. Ill buy an XRE. Thanks. - A

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome, thanks. What do you recommend as the best battery set up in a solar force l2t with that module? Sounds like the panasonics in a 18650 is the best bet...

Hi

Any 18650 is a good choice. I still think you get the best efficiency and of course runtime.

Thanks

Dave

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

What is the order (and amperage) of the levels of your 3 level .8v-3 volts (XP-G/Nichia) driver? And does it have level memory?

(Sorry if you answered this previously, but my less-than-thorough search didn't find it.)

Last edited:

RCantor

Enlightened
So, Dave :) When are you getting these? If you get some in 4500K I'll get one :)

Cree has announced what it says is the brightest single-die packaged LED on the market that maxes out at 1198 lm at 3A of drive current, and that can deliver 186 lm/W efficacy at a lower drive current.

I'd also love a Mag triple. /drool.

Last edited:

T45

Enlightened
Dave
Just looked on your sight and saw your P60 drop in for a 2xAA configuration and was curious if you could make a module for that same configuration, but in single mode and around 150 to 175 Lumens? I would like an OP reflector as well. I would be using it in a Surefire 9P as a host with a M2 head. I know about the Malkoff M31 series and the Solar Force Cree XPG Dropin 1 Mode .8-4.2V. Looking for something in a mid range output, 300 Lumens is more than I want as runtime has more priority for me.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave
Just looked on your sight and saw your P60 drop in for a 2xAA configuration and was curious if you could make a module for that same configuration, but in single mode and around 150 to 175 Lumens? I would like an OP reflector as well. I would be using it in a Surefire 9P as a host with a M2 head. I know about the Malkoff M31 series and the Solar Force Cree XPG Dropin 1 Mode .8-4.2V. Looking for something in a mid range output, 300 Lumens is more than I want as runtime has more priority for me.

Hi

I can make you a single mode but boost drivers are harder to manipulate their amperage. So yes I can get you a one mode but I really can't drop the amperage.

Dave