• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 XPG modules - warm, neutral, cool white/SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 7)

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
payment of $83.20 sent through PP.

for SST-90, 3000k warm tint, 3 mode direct drive, OP reflector.

:thumbsup:

Thanks

Hi
Paypal sent for:
1x
Luminus SST-50 - $65 - 3.6 -6volts only
5 level -- high - med - low - strobe -SOS The driver is the Shiningbeam driver 2.5 amps
5700K neutral (W57-GJ201-WJ-H4 )
Smooth Reflector
Priority Mail with tracking is $15 to Germany

80$
Thanks!

No Problem

Thanks

Dave

derpilgerer

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

Luminus SST -90 - - 3 Levels direct drive / OP
5700K neutral (W57S-GN200-WN-H4)
$80
+$5
International 1st class shipping
=$85

:paypal:

jamesavery22

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,
Is the XPG the only one that can run on this driver?
3 levels high / med/ low / 3.6-8.4 volts memory ?/ 1.5 amp

Looking for a drop-in for a 2 x 18650.

Thanks!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,
Is the XPG the only one that can run on this driver?
3 levels high / med/ low / 3.6-8.4 volts memory ?/ 1.5 amp

Looking for a drop-in for a 2 x 18650.

Thanks!

Hi

There are a couple others, K2 TFFC / diamond dragon but the XPG is probably the brightest.

I don't have any solutions for the larger leds.

Dave

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
received my dereelight host, and your sst-90 drop in today in the mail. great work! the warm tint is making all my neutral lights look cool LOL. also had to butcher the spring to make it fit. its not even a spring anymore, just a ring:sssh:

thanks again!

im already thinking of the SST-50, but im gonna give myself some time to enjoy this one.

LumenMan

Enlightened
received my dereelight host, and your sst-90 drop in today in the mail. great work! the warm tint is making all my neutral lights look cool LOL. also had to butcher the spring to make it fit. its not even a spring anymore, just a ring:sssh:

thanks again!

im already thinking of the SST-50, but im gonna give myself some time to enjoy this one.

Nah, why wait? Get the SST-50 now :thumbsup:

I too sometimes clip a "ring" off the spring on certain drop ins & place it in the groove to ensure proper contact.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
regarding your low voltage XP-G modules...

What is the current draw at each level and the OTF lumens? (2AA & 18650 batts)

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
regarding your low voltage XP-G modules...

What is the current draw at each level and the OTF lumens? (2AA & 18650 batts)

Hi

They draw about 1.3 to 1.4 amps depending on batts.

As for lumens it depends on bin but R5 should be above 300

I don't have current levels and such but you can do the math.

High 100% / Med 45% / Low is 10 %

I would not use this driver with 18650 as there are better 3 level drivers out there for that.

I set a pot on these modules and when set for 2XAA they will sometimes overheat with 4.2 sometimes not.

Dave

jamesavery22

Newly Enlightened
Hi

They draw about 1.3 to 1.4 amps depending on batts.

As for lumens it depends on bin but R5 should be above 300

I would not use this driver with 18650 as there are better 3 level drivers out there for that.

I set a pot on these modules and when set for 2XAA they will sometimes overheat with 4.2 sometimes not.

Dave

Are those the drivers that are recommend if you're only running one 16340?

Midnight Oil

Enlightened
I would not use this driver [low voltage] with 18650 as there are better 3 level drivers out there for that. ...

Dave

Dave,

Do the 3 level drivers you mention have only a buck driver? If so, won't a single 18650 quickly go out of regulation and into direct drive, yielding gradually dimming output as the battery is drained.

If one is looking for regulation for 1x18650, isn't the low voltage buck/boost driver the only way to go?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

Do the 3 level drivers you mention have only a buck driver? If so, won't a single 18650 quickly go out of regulation and into direct drive, yielding gradually dimming output as the battery is drained.

If one is looking for regulation for 1x18650, isn't the low voltage buck/boost driver the only way to go?

HI

IMHO the only reason for using a boost for this purpose is if you want to run the battery lower than you should. I have seen members want this for this reason and I think it is the wrong way to think.

The 2.8 -6 volts work at .25 volts over VF and have a low battery alarm and do not go direct drive.

I can supply as needed though. These are double sided boards.

I have a few boost / buck driver but it is only 1 amp and 5 levels

Dave

Midnight Oil

Enlightened
HI

IMHO the only reason for using a boost for this purpose is if you want to run the battery lower than you should. I have seen members want this for this reason and I think it is the wrong way to think.

The 2.8 -6 volts work at .25 volts over VF and have a low battery alarm and do not go direct drive.

I can supply as needed though. These are double sided boards.

I have a few boost / buck driver but it is only 1 amp and 5 levels

Dave

Dave,

I have one of your XRE-R2 with a low voltage buck/boost driver. The tag on the dropin says 255 lumens.

It ran for about 2 hrs on high on 1x AW 18650 2600mAh, 4.16V off the charger, before the light shut off.

Using the same cell config, how will the performance of the R2 compare with the 2.8-6V 3 mode drivers you recommend?

Thanks.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

I have one of your XRE-R2 with a low voltage buck/boost driver. The tag on the dropin says 255 lumens.

It ran for about 2 hrs on high on 1x AW 18650 2600mAh, 4.16V off the charger, before the light shut off.

Using the same cell config, how will the performance of the R2 compare with the 2.8-6V 3 mode drivers you recommend?

Thanks.

Hi

I am not sure since I won't run a li ion until the light shuts off since it is detrimental to the battery.

It is only a guess but I doubt you would get that much run time since this is a buck driver and you would have been well below the cutoff. I don't doubt you would get 90 minutes or so but I doubt 2 hours.

I can get a 1amp driver that is regulated efficiently enough to achieve 120 minutes of runtime and cut off at 2.8 volts.
1 amp with a XPG R5 will give about 290 to 300 lumen.

If it is not getting to hot for you that is great! As I said I will build you what you want. Lets say for new members there are safer alternatives.

Dave

Dave

copperfox

Enlightened

Are you saying that these percentages are not the current levels, or you just don't know what they correlate to in milliamps?

If the max drive current is 1.5a, then if it was percentages of current, it would be 1500ma, 675ma, and 150ma.
If max drive level is 1a, then is would be 1000ma, 450ma, 100ma.

Nailbender, is there any possibility of getting a driver for single XP-G that has levels spaced farther apart, such as 1a, 100ma, 10ma?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you saying that these percentages are not the current levels, or you just don't know what they correlate to in milliamps?

If the max drive current is 1.5a, then if it was percentages of current, it would be 1500ma, 675ma, and 150ma.
If max drive level is 1a, then is would be 1000ma, 450ma, 100ma.

Nailbender, is there any possibility of getting a driver for single XP-G that has levels spaced farther apart, such as 1a, 100ma, 10ma?

HI

Geeze sometimes I can only chuckle, I list the percentages and any windows computer has a calculator so as you did they can do the math.
I have twenty drivers or so and I don't measure amperage on all the levels but I do know the % as most are very close to the same.

As for levels I don't write code and minimum order for drivers to change levels is 200 or about a $1000. Levels are set at the factory and I have to find a happy medium.

Most all of my drivers are set up for 100% / 45% / and either 5 or 10% for low.

Wish I could help

Dave

Last edited:

seahunt

Enlightened
Hello Dave!
Would like:
1 X 3-level, 1v-4.2v for 3p, very white, op reflector.
1 X 3-level, 3.6-8.4v, memory, 1.5 amp for 6p,white, OP.

Will now go over to PP and send $72.80

Regards, Chuck

EDIT: Paypal sent

Last edited:

davec611

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: for 2 modules both in C2

SST-50 1 level direct 5700K neutral OP 17670 or primaries
XP-G R2 3 levels 3.6 - 8.4 run on two RCR123s

Thanks for your assistance!

Dave,

I received both drop ins, and couldn't be happier. I especially like the tint on the XPG. Great throw and spill on both. Wife saw me playing with them and could not believe how much light they provide.

Troop#26

Newly Enlightened
Dave,

I am not fimilliar with your products and I am very new to the "custom" side of drop ins. Your products do come very highly recomended and obviously your knolwedge is outstanding.

I found another modder on here who made a tripple XPG P-60 regulated drop in, where each LED appears to have its own optic. They are claiming 700 lumens on a single cell (not regulated as it is a 3.5-9.5v regulation) and a claimed runtime of 35 min on a regular black label aw17670 cell?

I am looking for something to fit into a Surefire C2 host running on one aw black label 17670 cell, one mode (on off) with a very high CRI and very bright out the front end (simmilar to above), possibly using two or three different LEDs in this module. Any suggestions as to which LED to use and also what OTF lumens and runtimes I could be looking at?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

I am not fimilliar with your products and I am very new to the "custom" side of drop ins. Your products do come very highly recomended and obviously your knolwedge is outstanding.

I found another modder on here who made a tripple XPG P-60 regulated drop in, where each LED appears to have its own optic. They are claiming 700 lumens on a single cell (not regulated as it is a 3.5-9.5v regulation) and a claimed runtime of 35 min on a regular black label aw17670 cell?

I am looking for something to fit into a Surefire C2 host running on one aw black label 17670 cell, one mode (on off) with a very high CRI and very bright out the front end (simmilar to above), possibly using two or three different LEDs in this module. Any suggestions as to which LED to use and also what OTF lumens and runtimes I could be looking at?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

HI Stephen

I don't have triple modules. As for very high cri and bright, well those just don't go together. The higher the CRI usually the warmer the led is and the warmer the led is the lower bin they are.

I have a dual XPG - Q5 with a CRI of 80 that will achieve about 500 lumen OTF and is pretty floody.

The other is a 3000 k SST 90 which again is quite floody. It is a 83 CRI, it also a single die led so the beam is quite nice with few artifacts. It is about 500 lumens OTF

Dave

purelite

Enlightened
Payment sent for

SST-50
Regulated 3 mode
Potted

I screwed up though Dave and didnt put my CPF handle in my PP , sorry!!

Also, I see you glue the reflectors to the pills on these? I usually apply thermal grease to the threads of the pill and am wondering if having you not glue the reflector is worth the risk? I know you have said the domes are fragile and am wondering the trade off if its worth it. i would only be unscrewing the reflector once to apply grease,

maybe that is something you could do before gluing the reflector?. :)

I dont know if it really een helps? Also if the reflector is glued doesnt that eliminate the possibility of upgrading the dropins in the future?

Thanx for your time

Latest posts