Part 2 - Do you at times feel as though you’re the “Thread Killer”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Somebody please explain the metrosexual movement to me? Honestly, I just don't get it. Do women date guys that are prettier than they are?

~ Chance

Well, Taylor Swift does.

Then she always dumps them, and writes a hit song about it. Poor Taylor. Oh well . . . One day she'll find a real man who knows how to treat a woman.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Somebody please explain the metrosexual movement to me? Honestly, I just don't get it.

Well you've had about a decade to figure it out, as that's how long it's been since the term gained popularity; the person in the photo is a hipster, not a metrosexual. And if you use a vintage tube radio as a stool, I'll knock those bright n' cheery socks right off..

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well you've had about a decade to figure it out, as that's how long it's been since the term gained popularity; the person in the photo is a hipster, not a metrosexual. And if you use a vintage tube radio as a stool, I'll knock those bright n' cheery socks right off..

But he's sitting on it ironically, so that's OK.

nbp

Flashaholic
Well, Taylor Swift does.

Then she always dumps them, and writes a hit song about it. Poor Taylor. Oh well . . . One day she'll find a real man who knows how to treat a woman.

Or maybe she'll learn how to treat a man...

StarHalo

Flashaholic
But he's sitting on it ironically, so that's OK.

Ehehe.. RACK OFF THAT RADIO YA BOGAN!

Thanks StarHalo. Is there a difference, and if so, how does one go about discerning it? Or, has nothing changed but the name?

The metrosexual is a traditionally but overly stylish urbanite, the hipster is the alternative or retro style Bohemian. The metrosexual is at the club drinking some expensive vodka you've never heard of from an apertif tulip, the hipster is at the cafe drinking some expensive coffee drink you've never heard of from a 1977 Star Wars thermos.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Yeah, there's a difference . . . Hipsters are dudes who dress like 14 year-old girls, and for some bizarre reason think that makes them cool and better than everyone else on the planet.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Or maybe she'll learn how to treat a man...

She has to date one first though. So far she's gone out with boys who realistically would look prettier in a little black dress than she does.

"Thread Killer" 1.5 is off to a good start!

Yeah, there's a difference . . . Hipsters are dudes who dress like 14 year-old girls, and for some bizarre reason think that makes them cool and better than everyone else on the planet.

:oops: Thanks a lot Monocrom, while reading your post I started laughing and spit coffee on my tablet. :crackup:

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
... she's gone out with boys who realistically would look prettier in a little black dress than she does.

+

crom, I think your the only person who can pull off that statement

and get away with it

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Re: "Thread Killer" 1.5 is off to a good start!

:oops: Thanks a lot Monocrom, while reading your post I started laughing and spit coffee on my tablet. :crackup:

My apologies. I'd be happy to pay for a new one to replace what you had. Just PM me the bill . . . for your cup of coffee.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
+

crom, I think your the only person who can pull off that statement

and get away with it

Unfortunately, my sense of humor isn't lethal. Otherwise we could use it to finally kill this thread. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.