PayPal down ???

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Yep, eBay owns Paypal, although they are run almost as if they were two separate businesses. eBay has extensive monitoring and a pretty well thought out process for updating the software and hardware. Their "slow times" for doing changes are NOT what you might expect.

Our paypal credit card was used by a thief yesterday. Not the paypal account, but the credit card issued by paypal. We've never used it except to back up the paypal transfers, so I have to assume that someone hacked paypal or there was a data leak or someone guessed the account number and expiration date. Paypal canceled the card, issued a new one and reversed the transactions, so no harm done.

Daniel

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Postal Money order. cashiers check. personal check. Cash to some one you know.
All better then paypoop :popcorn:
many banks now use an online bill payment service thats free.
that how i pay for stuff on ebay.
i quit paypal after the credit card linked to my account was compromised TWICE in 2 months.it had been replaced each time and only used with paypal.
they have a serious internal theft problem or a security breach.
card issuer told me off the record that paypal is their number 1 problem.
NO PAYPAL NO WAY DONT EVEN ASK!

DM51

Flashaholic
Not really on topic but maybe an alternative, does anyone use Neteller? Any experiences to report?

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Postal Money order. cashiers check. personal check. Cash to some one you know.
All better then paypoop :popcorn:
These are alternatives if you are not sending payments worldwide. There isn't anything that is cheap/fast as PayPal for sending payments worldwide. Well I know about moneybookers.com, but not many sellers that payments from moneybookers (it works as PayPal, but they support many more countries).
There are two things I hate about PayPal - I can't get a confirmed address (as 95% non-US addresses) and I CAN'T RECEIVE PAYMENTS! I think PayPal left Slovakia as the last EU country that is limited only for sending money :shakehead.

Latest posts