pd35

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is not what I was saying. I was saying that a dirtbag lawyer may call a benign crenelation a "strike bezel" in order to characterize a victim who defends his/her self with the flashlight as the assailant. Hence the flat edged head.

and it is 1mm longer sans crenelations, at least it goes toward a deeper reflector.

Fulaeetoy

Newly Enlightened
ST11 or PD35?

Last edited:

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
ST11 or PD35?

I vote PD35, not question. Fenix better, more reliable brand.

otherwise, somebody cry for lowest mode, they said "why 10 lumen low mode" why not 1 lumen etc.. if next PD3x coming 1 lumen low mode, somebody say again, "why not 0.00001 lumen, why not 2 lumen, why not 3 lumen etc etc.. I think 10lm is good and 140 hours runimte is more than enough. PD35 looks good.

Last edited:

Fulaeetoy

Newly Enlightened
I can't find the price. Is it availiable already? I think i have to wait for PD35 UE.

kj2

Flashaholic
I can't find the price. Is it availiable already? I think i have to wait for PD35 UE.

Check the dealer's corner for more info on pricing; http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/forumdisplay.php?13-Dealer-s-Corner

Last edited:

Fulaeetoy

Newly Enlightened

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is not what I was saying. I was saying that a dirtbag lawyer may call a benign crenelation a "strike bezel" in order to characterize a victim who defends his/her self with the flashlight as the assailant. Hence the flat edged head.

and it is 1mm longer sans crenelations, at least it goes toward a deeper reflector.

Hear you. The dirtbag lawyer will use at anything to make you look like a violent, heartless, individual - if not because the gentle crenulation, it will be the blinding 800 lumen that nearly permanently damaged the sensitive retina of his surprisingly harmless, family-loving, hard-working client with a difficult childhood! Do we stop making flashlights brighter than 100 lumen because of that?

buds224

Enlightened
Hear you. The dirtbag lawyer will use at anything to make you look like a violent, heartless, individual - if not because the gentle crenulation, it will be the blinding 800 lumen that nearly permanently damaged the sensitive retina of his surprisingly harmless, family-loving, hard-working client with a difficult childhood! Do we stop making flashlights brighter than 100 lumen because of that?

Still in the triple digits. That same lawyer will claim it's still too bright. It's too specialized...it's stronger than a stock 4D Maglite!!! :duh2:

Last edited:

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
ST11 or PD35?

i'd have to go with ST11 on this one. the low modes are just TOO USEFUL not to have. hear that fenix? apparently their market research tells them that people don't need a 1 lumen mode. the PD31 had a 2-lumen which was a step in the right direction but on the PD32 that just disappeared :( WTF?

also the ST-series side button is user-replaceable. it doesn't seem like it is on the fenix

markr6

Flashaholic
and supposedly Fenix went extreme cool-white, 6800K
:barf:

Very unfortunate. I know it's a personal preference but that's just so darn cool. The PD32UE was a perfect tint and would be the standard for almost every light if I ruled the world!

Beckler

Enlightened
I'm not sure why one would choose PD35 over zebra SC600MkII. 600 is far more versatile levels-wise and far smaller, tho + $20. What else am I missing?

buds224

Enlightened
I'm not sure why one would choose PD35 over zebra SC600MkII. 600 is far more versatile levels-wise and far smaller, tho + $20. What else am I missing?

1 reason could be that some people may prefer a rear-clicky. Does the ZL SC600MkII have momentary on? That could be another one. I believe springs on both ends of the battery tube is helpful for weapon mounting use too; I read in other forums that a light can blink off during the firing of a weapon if the battery is not secured in this fashion.

Last edited:

TK41

Newly Enlightened
What does Fenix mean by INSTANT STROBE? It seems like any other strobe based on the manual (light on, click and hold mode button). When they say INSTANT, I am either thinking you can turn the light on in strobe mode instantly without having the light on first OR it will memorize strobe mode when you turn it off then back on (which the manual clearly says is not possible, so I'm thinking the former statement is hopefully true).

This better not be some marketing wording bullshit. A major reason why I bothered with this light is because of an "instant strobe" feature. Please let me know so I can either cancel or keep my pre-order.

http://f.cl.ly/items/340X3l1q171z2L390E12/pd35-user-manual-en-pdf-7-7-meg.pdf

That's the manual. Doesn't talk much of this INSTANT strobe.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good question TK41. I checked in the manual you linked and as you say it doesn't memorize the strobe. From what the manual gives to understand the strobe would only work when the light is on.
If the strobe can be activated from off, they definitely forgot to say that in the manual! Flashlight manuals are often poor translations with missing information!

arcadesdude

Newly Enlightened
What does Fenix mean by INSTANT STROBE? It seems like any other strobe based on the manual (light on, click and hold mode button). When they say INSTANT, I am either thinking you can turn the light on in strobe mode instantly without having the light on first OR it will memorize strobe mode when you turn it off then back on (which the manual clearly says is not possible, so I'm thinking the former statement is hopefully true).

This better not be some marketing wording bullshit. A major reason why I bothered with this light is because of an "instant strobe" feature. Please let me know so I can either cancel or keep my pre-order.

http://f.cl.ly/items/340X3l1q171z2L390E12/pd35-user-manual-en-pdf-7-7-meg.pdf

That's the manual. Doesn't talk much of this INSTANT strobe.

Hi tk41. I also have a tk41 light which has instant strobe from off or on by holding the mode button.

From what I've read of the pd35 the UI will be very similar to the tk41 with instant access to the strobe even from an off state by holding the mode button for 1 sec. The addition of momentary on for the regular non-strobe light is also useful.

Sent from my ThL W8 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

kj2

Flashaholic
Good to know this when using CR123a batteries. (PD35 manual)

do6wde.png

And is this the first time, Fenix says they support 16340 batteries?

rihue1.png

Last edited: