PF10! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another great (this PF with an incredible bonus!!!!) time at PF10, my second and one to be remembered!! Education, comedic entertainment, gather of hperspace friends to re-mate names with faces---a true light show in all aspects. Thanks to the celestial entity of your choice for the weather which (despite my chicken little advice to Jeff) turned out just about perfect! My visions of the need for swamp buddies, scuba gear, and mug bog activities fortunately were ill-predicted. I'm more than glad I was wrong and we were all pretty much high and dry with the activities.

Thanks to the Clawsons for the location, the incredible hospitatlity, the open friendship and understanding that must be offered when hosting such an activity--I might find I'd have to move my residence if I ever had such an event in my home! Thank you so much the five of you fine folks, all of us are most appreciative.

Thanks to Jeff aka Luxlover who got me involved in this on-the-road craziness last year and showed me the fact that there really are faces behind the names. Thanks to Data for the endless bag of "tricks" of new facinating toys, lights and inventions!! Seeing Dave I liken to being on the Discovery channel particularly since he invited me to his workshop---errr---home---several weeks ago to see the birthing of SPY007s and a climb to the incredible treehouse--I'll never forget it!!! Thanks to the Milky,TB and Data Califon Adult Educational presentation for the finer points of the creation, use and maintenance of what I use to call "flashlights". Another few hundred lessons and I wil too be able to design these tools, carve them out of Titanium (or Kryptonite!!), sand or bead blast them so's to keep them less obvious (SPY-related stuff doncha know!) and, actually attach wires to the LEDs so the little buggers light up!! Thanks for the understanding of everyone whom I showed my lights and had no answers for the light bin and (Lord!!!) no batteries for the lights!!!:eek: I've been on the road more this past 6 months and working out of a bag too much and didn't have time to study what I have nor check to see that they had power connected! :shakehead

Thanks to Kenster for the amazing donation of the Golden SPY005, to Data for the creation of that same light for the deft hand of Kartracer31 for writing in the name and to MSaxatilus for the pick of the "correct" piece of paper in the box so that Sheila now has her own, indestructible :devil:, EDC, one of a kind SPY005!!! What an amazing end to another incredible day! Finally (never really finally!) nice to see and speak with a relatively new member
m16a! Welcome!

Karl

Last edited:

alanz

Newly Enlightened
It's been a couple of years since my last PF. It was great seeing the familiar and new faces there yesterday. I especially liked hanging out with the ladies in the living room <s>. I'm sorry I couldn't stay for the after dark festivities... maybe next time.

I'm also glad some of you were entertained by the little Light-Knife I was able to show (it's not surprising how many people are into both lights and knives).

And ok, ok next time I'll try to remember to bring the colored light bulbs....

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everyone for making PF10 the best Photon Fest yet. The attendance was spectacular, but not completely overwhelming as my claustrophobic tendencies had feared. There was a great turnout by the regulars and allot of really nice newbies to boot.

I want to take some time and thank a few individuals personally for making PF10 extra special:

KENSTER: For those of you that don't know, Kenster contacted me a little while before PF10 and wanted my to give this light away as a portion of our normal raffle:

GoldSpy.jpg

spy2-1.jpg

spy3-1.jpg

Sheila was the grand prize winner, and she was simply stunned to win it. We had a nice conversation earlier and equated the light as jewelry. That's how nice this piece was!! It was a beautiful piece and honestly, its the only flashlight I've ever had in my possession that I was actually scared to hold in my hands. I never did actually touch it and used fleece gloves to take the pics. I even placed a large blanket under the work area in which I took the pictures, to ensure a dropsy wouldn't happen!!! Kenster thanks so much for donating this very special light. I think we all owe you a very special thanks for being so generous. I honestly hope you can come to the next Photon Fest so we can all meet you in person.

ENDEVOUR: Another special thanks to Enrique for allowing us to demo your new prototype light. The overwhelming consensus was that if you had the choice between a CR2 ION and the new Proto light, everyone would go with the proto! It was a huge hit. If he allows me, check over at the review section and I will try to get a review up there in the coming days to let everyone know my opinion of the light.

STAN: Thanks for the lessons on the Segway. I've driven exotic cars, motorcycles, quads, boats (canoes to 65' multi-million dollar Vikings)... I've even flown a plane, but I have to admit that that Segway scooter, while being one of the goofiest devices every created, has to be one of the most fun. Watching you drive down CR517 with your headlights on, headlamp and reflective tape on the wheels, honestly made you look like some sort of Area 51 escapee!!! Thanks again for the lessons. I'd love to own one of those someday. What a freakin' cool machine!!!

DATA: What can I say, I finally got to see the DataBank first hand. That light is the most over the top lighting project I've ever seen!!! The amount of light that the light produces is simply amazing. Your creativity and ingenuity never ceases to amaze me. I'm glad to call you a friend.

LAZERCRAZY: Thanks to Dan, I no longer have an overwhelming desire to own a BarnBurner. Dan has built a new HID that can only be described as a Portable Dual Beam Deathray. The effect of two 55W HID beams coming out of the same light was amazing. Not only did it obliterate the black hole and the quarry, but I'm pretty sure we may have cooked some wildlife in Califon too. Its the only light that should require a permit to operate. Awesome job buddy. Can't way to see what you come up with to beat that thing!!! Yes that's a bet.

LUXLOVER: Thanks Jeff for letting us all demo the OpticHQ upgrade packages for the Surefire lights. That's a very useful and easy to operate add on. Your salesmanship is second to none. I may have to pick one up.

DIZZY: Special thanks to Mike for adding comic relief and entertaining me all night. Great guy..... still a goofball though.:nana:

TB and MAC: Nice to finally meet you guys in person. Although listening TB, Mac and Data talk about machining made me realize that I will pretty much forever be relegated to the title of "flashlight collector". Oh and anybody that doesn't own a piece of TB's Ti work..... you're missing out.

JDRILLER: Thanks for showing us all that a incan can actually compete with HIDs!! Although, I have to admit, every time I pick up one of your lights, I am a bit apprehensive. You just never know if it will go atomic on you. Jody's lights are always pushing the envelope... and very cool.:devil:

LIGHTHOUSE1: Thanks for photo-documenting the event. I look forward to your pics.

WALT: Welcome to the dark and...... expensive side!!

KARTRACER: Thanks for organizing the event and making sure everything went off without a hitch.... well except for the "minor" raffle incident. Next time we'll use a bowl!!!

EFFLUENT: We never did get to show you an A2 did we?

NEWBIES: I'm glad to meet a bunch of you new guys and welcome to the hobby!!:party::welcome:

......and finally!!!

MILKYSPIT: Once again a very special thanks to our gracious host(s) the Milkys!! Thanks for allowing up to invade your home once again. Its always great to visit the Milkylabs and see all of the new projects.

I have to say the only dissapointment at the whole event was the absence of the Polarion PH40. I was really hoping that the timing would have been better so that I could show all of you guys that light during my turn on the passaround. Unfortunately, it just didn't work out that way. Sorry guys!

So I'm sure I missed someone, but thanks to everyone again. Great PF and I look forward to the next one.... if I'm not fishing that is. :nana:

MSax

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Group photo...night shots!
IMG_0631.jpg

Let there be light!...beat this you west coast groups!

IMG_0633.jpg

New guys at PF 10....special effects by Data!

IMG_0636.jpg

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im so sorry about that HID light DATA took red handed with a Volcan mind trick or was that the Jedi move. He blinded us with that little multi-cree of his and ran for the hills.:duck: There was nothing anyone could do!

Thanks all, Matt
Only 186ish days till PH11!!!

Matt, No worries man, your generosity speaks volumes for the kind of guy you are thanks for your awesome donations at this PF and at PF9 as well. :) The HID light falls under the "easy come, easy go" catagory for me. :grin2: Data looked just as happy as I did to get it, so it went to a good home, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up at the camping trip or PF11 with a touch of some kind of cool Data magic moding done to it. :twothumbs --Tim

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inside shots: Dan shows his new dual HID.

IMG_3988.jpg

Dan tries to melt the ceiling.....

IMG_3989.jpg

Data, Animal House, And Kartracer or Dave, Jim and Tim !
IMG_3992.jpg

Nein 166 ? Ready to hike!
IMG_3995.jpg

Checking out Walts many toys!
IMG_3999.jpg

Luxlover and M16A...or Jason-da KID !!
IMG_4000.jpg

Stan ...the segway man...

IMG_4002.jpg

Too Cool..thinking about ??? Lights? Little milky!

IMG_4008.jpg

Why is everybody always looking up? Milky...whats on the ceiling?

IMG_4009.jpg

Thanks for a great evening to Milky and Mrs Milky...nice to see all of you newbies too!

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well another PF event is in the history books! Thanks to everyone for making this such an enjoyable event. It was great to see all my old friends and make so many new ones. Keep an eye out for an invite to PF11 in about 6 months!

In the meantime if you need a quick fix for some more flashaholism then join us for FCW-3 (Flashaholics Camping Weekend - 3) check out the thread here -
subscribed.gif
FCW-3 Flashaholics Camping Weekend! (
multipage.gif
1 2)

--Tim

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well this was my first PF experience and I had a great time.
A thanks to everyone who participated and a special thanks to Scott and the Missus for extending their home to us.

Had a great time and got to see some cool lights. It was an honor to step into the Milky labs :devil: I now need to find a stock HDS for Scott to mod for me. I got to play with a U60 he modded with the new K2's.....Brilliant !!

Data, thanks for letting me play around with the new Ti SPY 007! I am truly amazed by its build quality and beauty.
Amazing work! Can't wait to own one!

Looking forward to PF11 :thumbsup:

Last edited:

m16a

Enlightened
What a party that was. That was an insanely fun day(and night for that matter, I spent another 1.5 hours after we got home around 2:30 playing around with my Dad's light and my milky modded light I bought. Heheh fun times) I will post the few pictures I took later including a shot of the databank owning the darkness at the quarry. Thanks to all who came and made the event a lot of fun for a newbie like myself(many whom I got to chat with, toocool, msax, laser, lighthouse, karl thev, to name a few)), big thanks to Jeff(luxlover) who got me to come, big thanks to Walt for bringing all those lights because I was coming and wanting to show me a bunch of lights, and finally a huge thanks to the Clawsons for letting the crazy bunch of darkness deprived maniacs use there house for PhotonFest. I am looking forward to the next one with much anticipation!!:twothumbs

Jason

luxlover

Banned
You gotta love those slip-on underpants, right Jeff????:crackup:

See ya in a few hours guys.;)
Indeed, and I felt "good all under" the entire day. By the way, my skivies are not only "slip-on", they are also "bio-degradable!" :barf:

You were a great guy yesterday, and I thank you for the tubing sample.

Only 180 days left to PF11.....

JUST KIDDING EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!! :crackup:

Jeff

Last edited:

luxlover

Banned
Red signifies attendees = 36
Blue signifies "no shows"

alanz
AnimalHousePA
AyeMayanor - 2
cmacclel

Dan_GSR
Data
dizzy
donn_ - maybe
effulgentone - 2
EssLight - maybe
Gizzy
J!m
jcompton
jdriller
jeffb - 2
kabkbak7321
karlthev - 2
KartRacer31
Kid9P
lasercrazy - 2
Lighthouse one
Luxlover
m16a – 4
milkyspit
monolith - 2
MSaxatilus
nein166

PC6uru
Radio - maybe
senecaripple - 2
sledhead
Stan671
TOB9595 – 1 Irish lad
TOOCOOL
TranquillityBase
WadeF
Walt175

Last edited:

luxlover

Banned
Lighthouse,
Picture #8 IS NOT Karlthev. It is the KOOLEST KAT this side of Liverwurst England, the inimitable Mr. TOOCOOL.

Jeff
PF Talent Scout

luxlover

Banned
What a party that was. That was an insanely fun day(and night for that matter, I spent another 1.5 hours after we got home around 2:30 playing around with my Dad's light and my milky modded light I bought. Heheh fun times) I will post the few pictures I took later including a shot of the databank owning the darkness at the quarry. Thanks to all who came and made the event a lot of fun for a newbie like myself(many whom I got to chat with, toocool, msax, laser, lighthouse, karl thev, to name a few)), big thanks to Jeff(luxlover) who got me to come, big thanks to Walt for bringing all those lights because I was coming and wanting to show me a bunch of lights, and finally a huge thanks to the Clawsons for letting the crazy bunch of darkness deprived maniacs use there house for PhotonFest. I am looking forward to the next one with much anticipation!!:twothumbs

Jason
As parties go, the people in Hollywood have nothing on us! Word up!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Red signifies attendees = 36
Blue signifies "no shows"

alanz
AnimalHousePA
AyeMayanor - 2
cmacclel

Dan_GSR
Data
dizzy
donn_ - maybe
effulgentone - 2
EssLight - maybe
Gizzy
J!m
jcompton
jdriller
jeffb - 2
kabkbak7321
karlthev - 2
KartRacer31
Kid9P
lasercrazy - 2
Lighthouse one
Luxlover
m16a – 4
milkyspit
monolith - 2
MSaxatilus
nein166

PC6uru
Radio - maybe
senecaripple - 2
sledhead
Stan671
TOB9595 – 1 Irish lad
TOOCOOL
TranquillityBase
WadeF
Walt175

Well, technically we had a bit more folks... the milky clan counts for 5! :D Our neighbors (mom and son) also dropped by for a bit, so there's two more... total 42?

The weather was quite good! Got a little chilly in the quarry later in the evening, but really, not much to complain about... I will admit that I got to the quarry and only then realized I was wearing shorts!! Musta been phazed by the DataBank or something. :eek:oo:

Thanks, Jody, for trying to ignite my leg hair with that insane incan billy club of yours... definitely helped with the cool temperatures! ;)

And THANK YOU ALL, both for attending, and for the surprise gift to Heather and our family... that was a really nice gesture, one I can report was very well received. What a great bunch of folks you all are, we certainly appreciate it. :eek:

One other, random thought... was utterly amazed walking into the living room at dinnertime and finding some folks sitting around a TABLE MADE ENTIRELY OF PIZZA BOXES. The thing was truly in use, dinner plate loaded with food sitting on top of it, folks sitting around it. Wow! That's gotta be impromptu mod of the night!! :bow: :bow: :tinfoil:

luxlover

Banned
Jeff, that's Hollyweird, and don't you forget it! :nana: (At least it wasn't West Hollyweirder! :D )

Damn, wish I could have made it!

Larry

I stand corrected. Just think, I lived close to there for 16 years. Maybe I was not close enough for the "weirdness" to rub off on me?

It looks like Sat. September 27, 2008 would be a good choice for PF11. I have to have the three members of the PF Selection Committee clear that day. For those who don't know who those members are, they are Mrs. Milkyspit, Mrs. Milkyspit, and Mrs. Milkyspit.

This date represents another "new moon", with which senecaripple can make jokes, At least we are not meeting during a "full moon." He would go bonkers. Assuming 9/27/08 is a good date, does that give you enough time to plan and pack yo' bags? Larry, "resistance is futile."

Jeff