PF3!!! NJ, NY,CT,PA area Get Together

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Noooooooo. Not Phaserburn! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hehe, come on in Phase. It'll be good to meet you.

Wilkey

E

EchoSierraTwo

Hey, does anyone have instructions for public transportation? I'll PM Milky too. I want to come and meet all you knucle Heads! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif

***Just PM'ed Scott. I'll see how easy it is. If not. Take lots and lots of photos. Vids even! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif***

alanz

Newly Enlightened
Did I miss a decision on the start time for PF3?

I saw a mention of it generally starting at 11am, but didn't see confirmation.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
KartRacer31 had originally speculated 11am, and I guess that's become the "official" start time. Fine by me! If you guys come any earlier, you can cook me some eggs and toast for breakfast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif 11am works for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
image-cpf-kl3-2x123-l1-profile.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Ginseng said:
Nice! I see the KL3 but what else is there? I'm intrigued.

Wilkey

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a KL3 modded with a cut-down McR27 reflector from Chop, a TW0J LuxIII emitter, a drive boost to 1A, an E2C adapter from jcciv, and an L1 in which I removed the electronics and bored out the internal bulkhead to accommodate 2x123 cells, plus modded the tailcap so the low beam uses 33 ohms resistance. Somehow the slightly wider L1 body (relative to an E2E) feels better in the hand with such a large head. Estimated runtime is maybe 45 minutes on high (3300 lux at one meter) and perhaps 10-12 hours on low. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Al_Havemann

Enlightened
I'll be there if I can - not too much chance though, my daughter will be in for an operation next week - preparation and all that. Wives just don't understand about flashlights, of course, I say the same about her doll collection.

Al

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said:
Any more room at this wingding for one more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Always room for one more, especially if it's a man with a phaser!

Al - I hope all is well with your daughter.

MicroE

Enlightened
Scott/KartRacer/Everybody---I have been watching this thread and hoping that I can join in, but it just doesn't work out.
I have two final exams coming up next week plus a term paper is due and I just can't justify being out of the house all day Saturday.
You'll have to have all the fun without me.---Marc

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marc - Sorry you can't make it. Good luck with your exams. We'll keep you posted on next years PF4. -Tim

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,
Finances have sort of forced my hand. I'm going to put my personal MagCharger85 up for sale. At least you guys will have a chance to play with it and see what it's all about.
Wilkey

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wilkey, that sounds like sad news. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif But I'd bet somebody at PF3 might buy your MC85 before it even reaches B/S/T! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anybody got a SureFire U2 they could bring so the rest of us could drool over it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be nice.

After getting raped for $700 to register 2 cars and then $400 for two windshields, $500 for timing belt, crank gasket, etc. and then having my drain pipe clog up to the point I had to start sawing sections of it out in the basement...well, there have been better days. Have you ever been covered in sewer filth? I can't say I recommend it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

At least I've got PF3 to look forward to...although, if I didn't have a bunch of other folks' lights to show off, I might've just crawled in a hole and primal screamed myself to unconsciousness.

Wilkey

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody got a SureFire U2 they could bring so the rest of us could drool over it?

[/ QUOTE ]

....sshhhh... I've got one. tehehehe.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wilkey -

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, I hope things turn around for you quickly.

I can relate, I've been going through some rough times myself lately. This past summer I was in an accident that left me with several broken bones, and out of work for 3 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif, and just recently my wife and I split up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/touche.gif.

Better times I have had...and I find solace in knowing that better times are ahead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif -Tim

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear ya Kart,

I know we have to get through the rough patches to enjoy the sun.

Seeya at PF3.

Wilkey

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was two nights before PF3, and all through the post, not a flashaholic was stirring, not even the host.

The flashlights were charging, snug in their cradles, while visions of candlepower awaited the hour.

Soon it would come, we would all gather round, talking and showing and lighting abound. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

--Well that's about as creative as I can get, looking forward to seeing everyone soon --Tim

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
**EXTREMELY BUMMED**

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif

It wasn't easy with a new baby in the family, but I had actually arranged to attend PF3 and lug my lights with me! Mrs. Phaser was going to stay at her parents house in NJ with the kids whilst I reaquainted myself with Scott's quarry.

Well, I will be withdrawing from PF3 for medical reasons. I have been fighting flu for the past week, and just got another round of antibiotics prescribed for me yesterday. I don't want to put all of you and Scott's family in jeopardy with what I have, as it sucks and seems resilient in the face of drugs. Having a little baby at home myself, I can certainly respect Scott's wishes to keep his family healthy and happy throughout the holidays. I'll probably be fine come Saturday, but don't feel right about it. So, I think full disclosure is the high road here.

Well, {insert expletive of your choice here}! Drain some batteries for me, guys. I hope to still meet you all someday soon. PF4 anyone? I'm really very disappointed; I was looking forward to this and was kind of playing it by ear thinking "I'll be better tomorrow" (that's why you haven't heard from me, Milky).

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif