Photos of your lights

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of Lux-RC FL33s. Beautiful lights with perhaps the most sophisticated triple light engines around.
(18350 shorty running triple 5000K XP-G2s off the 334LE and 18650 running triple 219Bs off the new 371DLE)
26911181186_7edd7a2cdd_b.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
A couple of Lux-RC FL33s. Beautiful lights with perhaps the most sophisticated triple light engines around.
(18350 shorty running triple 5000K XP-G2s off the 334LE and 18650 running triple 219Bs off the new 371DLE)
26911181186_7edd7a2cdd_b.jpg

They are indeed beautfiul Jon. I'm trying to work out the color/material that they're made of. They have a lovely sheen to them. I think I'd be too scared to carry them if they were mine. :)

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm trying to work out the color/material that they're made of. They have a lovely sheen to them. I think I'd be too scared to carry them if they were mine. :)
They are aluminum with a TiCN PVD ceramic coating (titanium carbo-nitride physical vapor deposition). It's a very different look, and quite appealing to me.

I have two of them now as well (one from a long time ago, and one just received). My new one has a special treatment to the finish - I'll try to post a photo soon.

easilyled

Flashaholic
They are aluminum with a TiCN PVD ceramic coating (titanium carbo-nitride physical vapor deposition). It's a very different look, and quite appealing to me.

I have two of them now as well (one from a long time ago, and one just received). My new one has a special treatment to the finish - I'll try to post a photo soon.

Thanks Dave, I'll look forward to your photo as I do all of them. They are still the benchmark for excellence of flashlight photography in my opinion. :)

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
in this version only the battery tube/fins made of alu (steel would be too heavy and less thermal efficient).
all other parts are made from SS, mirror polished

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW Jon , very smart! :cool: Presume programable drivers in these two beauties....

You had to ask. :) Serge has been making triple engines... Erm... Like forever.
Oveready/Torchlab triples are using the 371D Light Engine at the moment.

Love programmable lights!

(Video credit - Courtesy of Serge)

Thanks for replying, Dave! Oooh... You've got one of those specials (Like the one on Serge's avatar photo?)

So far I have no problems with the finish. Lots of fingerprints at the end of the day, but as you can see, the PVD coat is beautiful and functional at the same time. Stands up to use, not abuse. :)

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Very impressive Jon, thanks for sharing that:cool: I must say that is very very impressive and had no idea how user friendly it would be! Love it!!!