Please! Tell Me How To Quit!!!

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
You wanna quit, or at least slow down? That's easy. Two solutions come to mind...
1) Show your wife/SO all those lights and relay how long it took you to get them, OR
2) absent a controlling party, get interested in knives. Good ones...
:wave:
EM

Eric, it would be you to start him down another dark path....LOL

Bill

Budman231

Enlightened
You know enjoying flashlights is a healthy thing. You should make a promise to yourself that you are not going to buy anymore lights until you rid yourself of some that you don't like or don't use. Give a couple away as gifts (it feels good).

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know enjoying flashlights is a healthy thing. You should make a promise to yourself that you are not going to buy anymore lights until you rid yourself of some that you don't like or don't use. Give a couple away as gifts (it feels good).

You are right Budman. My Mom, Dad, and Uncle were up here from Florida the past couple of weeks and I gave my Dad 4 lights and helped him mod his 3D M*g to a 3watt LED. I gave my uncle 2 of my lights which he liked a lot. He is an auto body man and uses them when he is under a car. So, you are right. It did feel good to give some of my lights away, and make me feel even better about getting a few more.
tongue.gif

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1 :thumbsup:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like another member is having self doubts. This seems to be more common among the newest of CPFers who have a ready supply of both time and money at their disposal. Eventually we all find balance so just hang in there.

Here's a little something I typed a few years ago.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
You cannot quit. Once you are in, you are stuck. It seems we all become obsessed over light emitting devices :(

But, you can learn to live with it - try to find others like those here who show an interest, and spread the word.. get more people to EDC :)

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I smoked 20-25 (more than a pack) /day for 15 years. I quitted. It was difficult but I did it. It took me 15 years to realize I have to stop.

What made me quit smoking ?I had to quit to have more money to spend on light. I can't even think about stopping my light addiction.

At least, light addiction is less dangerous for your health.

I'm scarred of the day that lights will be sold in a pack of 20.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Catch and release."

If it wasn't for B/S/T, I would have had to stop sooner.

I have a nice collection, about twice the size of yours. Maybe some day I will come back and thin the herd. :poof:

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
You might as well not try to resist..it is impossible! I have only been around for six months or so and you can see by my sig line that I am in trouble. I am waiting for three lights to arrive in the next few days, but at least I only have one on my "got to have" list right now. I wish you luck..:mecry:

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
Think about it logically, chances are you don't use half of your collection half of the time. (Why use flashlights during the hours of daylight?)

What a waste of your time, money and effort.

Be practical, send them to me and I will dispose of them safely.

HONEST INJUN!!!

bouncer

Enlightened
That's just the problem. I have a big house and a wife already. I am a retired Naval Photographer and I have a little computer business. I have 2 people working for me, so it doesn't take up much of my time. I have a lot of time on my hands to play with and collect things. My wife is a senior Electronics Engineer for Texas Instruments. I pretty much have been the full time parent to my 4 year old boy who is already as much of a Geek and gadget hound as I am. I also collect high powered hand held lasers which isn't a cheap hobby either. What am I going to do?

infecting the next generation already good job lol

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I suppose I should say go slow, remember there are better lights just around the corner, or limit monthly spending, but I enjoy seeing your lights almost as much as you do owning them. :D Get any new ones yesterday? I'll be right over.

Geoff

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like working on modding lights. It keeps me focused on buying relatively cheap parts rather than relatively expensive whole lights.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
i find it's really easy to get into this hobby because it's relatively cheap in comparison to other hobbies. golf, photography, cars, etc..

i think most wives/gf are okay with the cost, it's more of 'do you really need it?" kind of thing.

btw nice collection:grin2:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys. do we do interventions here? Or are there even any people INTERESTED in doing one or are they out polishing their lights?