Please! Tell Me How To Quit!!!

Macaw

Enlightened
I woke up when I amassed a small bundle flashlights that I can hold in my hands, the cost of which amounts to a month's wages including tons of overtime pay. This, in addition to many other flashlights that I bought since I joined CPF. Add to that the loss of $143 to a well known swindler (can you say "nano"). The sensation is pretty much the same as when I hit rock bottom smoking cigarettes. I've come to the realization that things are getting out of hand and I just had to stop.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
The easiest way to cope if you feel it's getting out of hand is limit yourself in both budget and number of lights you can buy every month/2 months/3 months or so. For example, you could say no more than 1 light a month and no more than $100 every 2 months.

This way you aren't starving yourself of your hobby but you are keeping it under control!

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, after reading through all these posts, it seems as though the consensus is...."Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated". My feelings of anxiety and hopelessness are deepening.
dunno.gif
confuzzled.gif
xyxnervous.gif

LOL
rofl2.gif
Had you guys going, huh?

In all seriousness, I am really enjoying this hobby and the CPF community. I've also made a couple of good friends here so far, and to me that's what it's all about.
thumbsup1.gif