PocketMateW. 9W variable output blaster. Thread I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NITEFISH

Newly Enlightened
Re: Introducing... PocketMate-W. 5W variable outpu

Thanks Hotbeam, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Patiently waiting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

bajaiman

Enlightened
Re: Introducing... PocketMate-W. 5W variable output.

Wooohoo…I've got my PocketMate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif … the dimmer module is nice and really smooth too. This PocketMate is definitely another keeper. Thanks a lot for making these possible Howard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

BC... LOL. You could always use those CR123's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Baj... wow, that was fast! Don't tell me you brought your battery to work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh2.gif Oh, yeah. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for reminding me, Howie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

I did order a charger and 168S from Jon. I'm gonna have alot of fun with this light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

bajaiman

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
hotbeam said:
Baj... wow, that was fast! Don't tell me you brought your battery to work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a few batteries with me at work and I knew I'll use them quite often as I use my work address as my main shipping address. Nice job on the Pocketmate Howard … Thanks again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

lightemup

Flashaholic*

Mine received 9am Brisy time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

My first real modded light! And it is fantastic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Straight to the Pool Room! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Thanks Howie!

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Be sure to test out out at night and.... take PHOTOS!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Likebright

Enlightened

Howard,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif
Pilas on charge!!!!
Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Likebright

Enlightened

Has anybody stateside received one of these yet?
Just curious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif Don't know how long it takes from over there.
Mike

jtice

Flashaholic

This is one fantastic light !!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

I hope to get a chance to take some pictures soon.

Great work Howard. This is going to be one of my most used lights.

-John

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mike, everyone 'stateside' should be receiving them this Tuesday or Wednesday (assuming normal delivery timeframes...

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

2dim, I'll put your name down on the #2 list.

Meet your PM-W brethren... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

pm-w-brethren.gif

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

I too would be interested in the second run. I missed out on the first run. I want a 168A version please.

I would like to see some beamshot comparo against some other lights at distant objects etc. Some ceiling bounce shots would also be nice.

Thanks.

Curtis

2dim

Enlightened

Right then! Could I send you a longer C-cell mag of mine to be cut down and used for the mod? How about D cells? Any other battery options besides lithiums? One mor thing, if at all possible...

Likebright

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
Mike

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cue... Just put you on the #2 run list. There are some beam shots in the first few posts on this thread. I'm sure we'll be seeing more beamshots as people in the US get their lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2dim... Yes, you can send your own OA2C or put up with black (or any colour I can get). You can use D cell hosts but the idea for the PocketMate was to produce a light that is reasonably pocketable and still pack a punch. The D cell deviates from that.

Likebright... If you look hard, you could probably see the airplane arriving with your goodies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NITEFISH

Newly Enlightened

The wait is killing me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2dim

Enlightened

I was thinking of the 3AA>D adaptors and then became confused by the Lambda ProMagnum w/ TXOJ that uses them and has multiple battery options, including NiMH. I'm assuming your light is much brighter? Is the throw equally comparable? The price is considerably more -- how would using my old C-Mag affect that? Please note, it would have to be cut down to size, something I may get done before shipping. BTW, lots of colors available here in Toronto, if that could be helpful. Also, my light is dark green, which someone requested and I'm not particularly attached to. Maybe something could be arranged to our mutual benefit? I'd like to see long distance beamshots, with comparisions if anyone has them. Does the hotspot have a 'donut-hole' and are there corona rings? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.