Possible Pennsylvania get together?

balticvid

Newly Enlightened
I'll have to see how far you are from the NJ border.
It takes me about 45 minutes to reach P.A. from where I am.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be....where's a good location? I live just a bit north of Scranton.....NJ just a skip away. Allentown, Easton, Bethlehem, Harrisburg..pick one...

Karl

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey Ken and Karl, my family and I plan to be near Pennsylvania in two months' time (October), visiting the wife's relatives in MA. If this turns out to be a go, I'd certainly be up for it and could fly right over (from Boston). Actually I know someone rather well at Streamlight so setting up a tour would be no problem at all.

Please keep me apprised - use the e-mail listed in my profile as I am no longer able to spend a lot of time here.

Thanks...

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you guys decide on the Streamlight idea, I might be able to swing it. I'm only around 15-20 min from downtown Philly, so only about 45-50 min away by flashlite's calculations.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in for sure. Eagleville Road is about 1/2 mile from my rental townhouse! I am there all the time.

The weekend of October 8th and 15th is no good for me, that is the Ghost mountain trip date.

I know the area, it is very nice there.

Cheers
Dave

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
TENATIVE dates would be Tuesday Oct 11th, or Wednesday Oct 12, or Thursday Oct 13th.
These are weekdays, but the factory is probably open for tours on weekdays. This is ENTIRELY TENATIVE.

Data:
Can you tell us anything about the town of Eagleville itself? Are there any nice resteraunts there?
Are there any hotels within the town itself?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a bad week for me. Sorry I can not make any of those dates.

The town of Eagleville is quite small but that does not matter because there are so many other towns butted up against it. This area is sprawling suburbia. There is every kind of restaurant you can imagine within a 10 mile radius. There are lots of small motels and hotels speckled all over the place and several of the high end hotels in King of Prussia like the Sheraton Convention Center.

Cheers
Dave

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked on Mapquest and it estimates that the Eagleville factory is only 35 miles (at around 51 min) away from me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif! I can take off pretty much any day as long as I clear it enough in advance, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for a more concrete date/time arrangement.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Solstice said:
Just checked on Mapquest and it estimates that the Eagleville factory is only 35 miles (at around 51 min) away from me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif! I can take off pretty much any day as long as I clear it enough in advance, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for a more concrete date/time arrangement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also have to take the day off - no problem if done well in advance.

IF this comes together, it will probably not be a full blown Photon Fest ala Milky Spit. It would be more like a factory tour, followed by hanging out at a local resteraunt for the evening meal. Could be a good time.

Still working out details - stay tuned.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing is really comming together at this time. I never really considered Pennsylvania to be a "large" state, until I started seeing the potential drive times. (Long distance drives are a PROBLEM for some of us - even without high fuel prices.)

kushy04

Newly Enlightened
just recently joined the forums, im in PA, just outside of Scranton, about 10 minutes, never heard of Cableas though or streamlights... I wouldn't call myself a 'flashaholic' just yet, although it does very much interest me... My personal favorites to work with/operate are the green lasers (or any laser for that matter), then LED's. I currently attend the University of Scranton. But if this goes anywhere, I'm in assuming i wont need to study for a test(s) or something of the affect...

Glow Worm

Newly Enlightened
Also new to forums and flashlights as a hobby not just a tool.

But Id love to meet at cabelas and have people to ask questions face to face.

I say doing it in winter when it gets dark earlier would be a plus too~

We could light up the night sky=)

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a 1 hour 52 minute drive (or so the map says) from where I am. I *may* be able to come if you wouldn't mind me being there. :)

DaGunn

Newly Enlightened
I can always fit a Cabela's trip in... some fly fishing supplies, some ammo, and just looking around the place... it is huge! Choose a date and time!

Dave

- MilkySpit??? PF6?

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
I'm about 30min from Cabela's. I'd be up for a get together there or somewhere else in the area. The Appalachian Trail is near by. Maybe something nature-related before/after Cabela's? Short hike?

- Chris

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
Well, it being fall and getting dark earlier, we should try to put something together for real. Should be easier this time of year...

- Chris