Possible?

flash_bang

Enlightened
Is it possible for me to get an Inova X1, and put a cree in it? Not sure how all the electronics would work, but if you guys could pitch in that would be cool. This is all branching from an idea that I should only get a couple lights a year, so each one should be really good. I really like the X1 form factor, pocketable, fits in my hand (keep in mind I don't have an X1, so this is all speculation), anywho, that form factor seems to be good. knurling won't be a problem because I'd prolly just koppo wrap it anyways (if I didn't think it was so attractive :grin2:) also, I might need a crash course in LED replacement/ mods and stuff.
okay guys, thanks for you help and have at it!
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
PS. tungsten carbide coating is optional :lolsign:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont know if the actual X1 is same the one I bought early last year or the year before.
Really hated the output. NO Spill at all and thus (my opinion) totally useless.

When opened for modding, there was only a 5mm led installed, so any power led will be much underdriven with the original circuit, but enough space to make Your own pill with driver, emitter and reflector
BUT
why hassle around to finally get a light much worse than a Fenix L1D-CE, using a twistie and needs much work to get modded.

PS: for opening look for "freeze pop"

[edit]just noticed, that now there is no longer this aspheric lens but the 5mm led exposed and visible from the front, with a "reflector" installed instead of the lens[/edit]

Last edited:

flash_bang

Enlightened
yellow said:
BUT
why hassle around to finally get a light much worse than a Fenix L1D-CE, using a twistie and needs much work to get modded.

PS: for opening look for "freeze pop"

I don't mean to be dense, but I have no idea what you mean by those couple lines. I actually meant that I like the single AA form factor, and if there's a cree light with that type of form factor, I'd be interested in looking at it.

thanks a ton, flash

flash_bang

Enlightened
thanks long john, I just missed your post. btw, I might follow the advice of your sig

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gunner12 said:
There is quite a few Cree lights with the single AA format, some are: Fenix L1D-CE, Jetbeam MIIx, Jetbeam C-LE (search the review forums), Yet to be released Rexlight, Dealextreme 1.25W AA Cree, Lumapower M3(Cree Or Seoul), Lumapower F1(Seoul P4 but uses the same die as the Cree), and probaily a few more.

+1.

I've long been a fan of the 1xAA form factor, esp the X1 as it just always felt like a quality piece. When the original Fenix lights came out, I snagged a few, and they served me (and many others) very well, but it still never quite 'felt' quite as solid as the X1.

I just picked up a Luma 301 something something that was modded with either a Cree or an SSC. Very bright. Larger hotspot than the Fenix lights. Very useful. It has a 2 stage tailcap, gets VERY good runtime on low and was only $35. I doubt I'll carry it much, but it completely fills the role of a 1xAA Cree/SSC light in my opinion.