Possibly Faulty Klarus XT21X ?? Feed back appreciated from other owners.

PayBack

Enlightened
Hi,

I received a new Klarus XT21X and charged it up. I noticed on the two lowest settings, only half the LED was lighting up. Going brighter makes it hard to say for sure but on the carpet (only thing I can look at on high without going blind) it is hard to say, but sill looks like it's dark on one side. I tried shining into my phone but again it can handle the two low settings (half LED used) but after that it can't compensate for the output.

So my question is, do other owners notice only half the LED illuminated on the two lower settings, and am I just imagining things at higher levels? Or does the entire LED illuminate on all settings? If so I know for sure mines faulty :)

Thanks!

PB.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I received a new Klarus XT21X and charged it up. I noticed on the two lowest settings, only half the LED was lighting up. Going brighter makes it hard to say for sure but on the carpet (only thing I can look at on high without going blind) it is hard to say, but sill looks like it's dark on one side. I tried shining into my phone but again it can handle the two low settings (half LED used) but after that it can't compensate for the output.

So my question is, do other owners notice only half the LED illuminated on the two lower settings, and am I just imagining things at higher levels? Or does the entire LED illuminate on all settings? If so I know for sure mines faulty :)

Thanks!

PB.

I've never heard of any flashlight maker only using part of a multichip led for lower output settings when proper control can achieve the same level of brightness using the whole thing. I suspect you have a defective light.

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
Hi,

Thanks!

PB.

Your LED is faulty. I really hope you can find a resolution to your problem, knowing that Klarus has basically no warranty service. I would call who you bought it from hopefully in the USA, and ask for a replacement ASAP.