• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Pre-payment for the HAIII black SF-III. ENDED!

qarawol

Enlightened
Re: Pre-payment for the HAIII black SF-III.

hmm, i have 3 SFIII's, do i have to order a 4th in order to qualify for a holster?:thinking:

Actually you're a little behind. I was thinking a minimum of 6+. :kiss:

Okay. As long as you bought one of the SF-III's from the last batch or one from this New Black run thread.

I am not sure yet of how many of each type I will make. The one pictured took over 9 hours to make and it is still not finished. The holster itself is done, only the color and trim work remain.

Njoy...

qarawol

Enlightened

:party:The long awaited wait is over. The video link has been added to the bottom of post #19.:party:

Njoy...

delboy

Newly Enlightened

damn you ,thats something else im gonna have to buy now :whistle:

AaronM

Enlightened

I'm guessing something driver related had to change to make the SST-50 an option, I wonder what it was and if it still runs well on an 18650.

And now that a big single die has been found to work, how about an even bigger one like an SST-90? It would be under driven (see efficient), a great fit with that reflector with a beam probably much like the Ostar it was designed for and might work with an 18650 depending on the driver.

one2tim

Enlightened

qurawol it looks fantastic, but may i ask is there a way to point the holster forward to use the bottom lens function?

dcaprilia

Enlightened

Hi Mike,

Ill take #10 in the combat grip - $560

15W Ostar - $55

Total = $615

Thanks

The Voice of Reason

Newly Enlightened

Beautiful craftsmanship on the holster - an ideal match for an equally beautiful light...

I am using all of my willpower here to keep me from spending money I don't have (a common CPF affliction)...

qarawol

Enlightened

Thanks for the props all, I'm glad you like it.

qurawol it looks fantastic, but may i ask is there a way to point the holster forward to use the bottom lens function?

one2tim,

Are you wanting to turn the Flashlight so that the beam faces forward, somewhat like a hip mounted headlight? If so, 'no', not this design. One can be made to almost whatever you want. I have made one for Surefire 9N that rotates 360 degrees and it locks at every 90 - specifically for the headlight feature, left or right side.

BTW it's 'qarawol' not qurawol. --- no worries, you're not the 1st.

Oops! I forgot that the new titanium bezel makes the Flashlight slightly longer so that this holster will not work with it. I usually make holsters specific to a Flashlight in hand. I need to see if one holster can accommodate both bezels but I need the other first for I only have the one style.

Njoy...

delboy

Newly Enlightened

hi guys

can the black protected cells be used on this light or do i need to get some of the red cells ?

also what would be aprox run times on med and high settings ?

Del

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

delboy: What kind of cells? 18650's or RCR123's? Might be best to use the ones with the lowest internal resistance.

Just wanted to mention that I received the PZ binned Ostar SMT's.

ARC mania

Flyhigh

Newly Enlightened

Hi Mike,

I'm sorely tempted to pull the trigger on this beautiful light but I do have a few questions before I do. Some of the questions have been asked before in this tread but for some reason have gone unanswered, Christmas maybe? Could you please enlight us?

Henk Lu wondered: If you use IMR cells I suppose the 15W Ostar will be the most powerful emitter? The SST50 from Luminus sounds very interesting as well. Could you please tell us some more about the differences of these two emitters in terms of output and floody beam? I'd very much like to know the answer to this myself because of battery concerns, see below.

SCblur asked: will the titanium bezel be in addition to the normal bezel, or will it be the only bezel included? I have no real preferences one way or the other but I'm curious.

I have a few questions of my own as well. You state that an 18650 is not recommended for the Ostar 15W. Does that go for the IMR version as well? I'm asking because I'd like the Ostar 15 W but I don't want to use multiple batteries.

I'm late to the party so I missed the first round and I must admit that I like OD better than black, any chance you have enough parts left to make an OD for me?

Also I have a small request: Please, please, please make a single RCR123 light with a clicky and multiple levels. I have one of your twisties inbound but clickys are so much easier to operate. :bow:

Finally I wish you a very merry and relaxing Christmas! :buddies:

Cheers

K

delboy

Newly Enlightened

hi guys

re my prevoius question about batteries , i plan on using RCR123 but wanted to know which you guys recommended for ostar 15W.

black (protected cells)
or

Red (non protected but safe tech) harder to find in UK but i can get them (i have the black cells already)

many thanks

Del

@flyhigh ; there was an olive for sale the other day it was the prototype for 1 of the earlier runs and has a 15W ostar in it i think .

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll use IMR in mine, I also use them in the "normal" version.

I think that the black li-ion will be OK though, the draw goes probably near to the limit for them, so I'll take the red IMR, a little runtime less, but I feel in security and I'm sure that the LED gets what it wants to have to shine on... :naughty:

Metatron

Banned

I'll use IMR in mine, I also use them in the "normal" version.

I think that the black li-ion will be OK though, the draw goes probably near to the limit for them, so I'll take the red IMR, a little runtime less, but I feel in security and I'm sure that the LED gets what it wants to have to shine on... :naughty:
just tested draw at the tail, am getting 2amp so IMR is the go, not the black AW's at all. for those wondering, the 15 watt ostar is an 18 volt led i think and one li ion wont be enough to feed the driver.

donn_

Flashaholic

.. the 15 watt ostar is an 18 volt led i think..

18V actually under-drives this emitter. It can easily take 20V, and 22 isn't too much. I have a light with one being direct-driven by 6S IMR 18650 cells.

Metatron

Banned

18V actually under-drives this emitter. It can easily take 20V, and 22 isn't too much. I have a light with one being direct-driven by 6S IMR 18650 cells.
yep, so trying to get a single 3.7volt batt to do the work is a pretty hard ask i reckon...:wave:

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast

But from what Mike has told me the SMT will be brighter and have more run time as it is driven more to its spec's - but the ostar will be more of a flood light - each to their own!

The Voice of Reason

Newly Enlightened

But from what Mike has told me the SMT will be brighter and have more run time as it is driven more to its spec's - but the ostar will be more of a flood light - each to their own!

1) Is there a rough indication of comparative lumen output between the 2?

2) Also, is there a price/availability details on those magnificent looking holsters?

Latest posts