preserving human knowledge in case of Extinction Level Event (ELE, ELE's)

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
TinderBox (UK) said:
Ok lets change the subject a little.

What would be the most important information to protect for the future.?

regards.

A nice good copy of Kuma Sutra (with pictures!)....and maybe a jar of vasoline. I mean, comon....the first order of business is to reproduce, no?

:laughing: WP

tygger

Enlightened
Mednanu said:
I'd say that there is an easy solution to this problem as well. Refering to the train of 'logic' originally espoused within my prior post ( two spots above this ), I'd say that the solution to this problem is obvious :

...."Sharks with frickin' laser beams, attached to their heads !"

I'm sorry I had to visit the shark theme twice, but you people flat out made me do it.

But wouldn't the sharks learn to use the laser beams on their heads to kill prey and therefore become lazy "chicken of the sea?" once they become lazy with their lazer beams then any old joe shmoe could swim up and whack 'em. then all that knowledge would go to the suviving humans who make the best underwater shark whacking clubs. or maybe they could befriend the sharks and use their lazers as their own weapons. okay, i'm gonna go write a script now......

ledlurker

Enlightened
The best way to preserve human knowledge is to expand mankind out to the stars. Our biggest theat to mankind is not man made but the basics of a celestrial body impacting the earth with enough size or mass to make this planet a deadly environment for more than 25 years then no amount of preparation will help.

Spread people over the solar system with the technology to be self sustainable, then the earth can be eventually be resettled. But, if a distant star emmits a gamma burst and our solar system just happens to be in the emmision cone then forget about it. Predictions are that every object in the solar system could be heated to a point to where planet crust would melt.

as far as the most important info to put away. I would say that a basic understanding of chemistry and mechanical engineering would be key. But, I would like to throw in a few stories and history as a way to preserve what we were.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Our biggest theat to mankind is not man made but the basics of a celestrial body impacting the earth with enough size or mass to make this planet a deadly environment for more than 25 years then no amount of preparation will help...
One could say that the dinosaurs are no longer with us because they were unable to put together a comprehensive SDI... :D